Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
tennessee is a nice state and i'm glad there's a card there, but gently caress it happens 8 days after i move to a different state.

the fight i'm looking forward to most is holtzman-christodolou. me and forums posters t-bone and vigilance used to play roller/ice hockey with him for years. t-bone in particular got into several fist fights with him during gameplay, so imagine our surprise when we found out he is an undefeated mma fighter debuting in the ufc.

he's a pretty freak athlete, he played almost exclusively roller hockey growing up to the point where he was on the US national team, then he started ice in his late teams and was good enough to play in a low professional league. i hope he wins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

Le Saboteur posted:

Ray Borg missed weight and was clearly hobbling at the weigh ins. Did he end up making weight?

According to bloody elbow, McMann made it, but Ray Borg did not and will be fined 20% of his purse. I'm ok with this card, I've spent Saturday nights with way worse.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Aside from being Extremely Good As Always, the OP has also caused me to listen to Kiss From a Rose no fewer than twelve times

Thank you for that :)

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Marching Powder posted:

From what I saw basically your entire country is beautiful in some way. And your women love my accent. And I love your women.

They likes ours too...

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...m-1227406441575

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I live in Nashville and don't think I would go to this card with free tickets. Jesus why can't they get anyone worth a flying gently caress to come to Nashville?

Sup Nashville bro. Smylyn Sam might do something cool and Uriah Hall something weird I guess. But I decided not to request off work and went to the Braid show last night instead. Seemed like a safer way to spend time and money.

FishBowlRobot fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 8, 2015

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I hope the intro for his fight is exclusively footage of him playing roller hockey.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Captain Log posted:

Jesus why can't they get anyone worth a flying gently caress to come to Nashville?

LOL

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
this card actually isn't that bad.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Frankie Science should be on the main card.

Doresain
Oct 7, 2003

Fun Shoe

fatherdog posted:

There is so much a man can wrestle, so long he can lay
Yooooouuuuu remain, the blanket on topside of me

Baby I compare you to a punch in the nose in the gray

This was underappreciated.

Also, bluedeanie, your OPs are genius. :golfclap:

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

First thing I noticed was Jesus as part of his summary. Then I saw the nickname. Then I noticed he's got like a single weird piece of hair. This guy was born to do mma.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
His actual Mohawk looks like a lizards frill.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

If you had any bets going on Borg and missed the weigh ins you might want to kill those bets.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Captain Log posted:

I live in Nashville and don't think I would go to this card with free tickets. Jesus why can't they get anyone worth a flying gently caress to come to Nashville?
I am going to this card with free tickets. :kiddo:

But my friend going with me is a UFC addict so his super hype should carry me through the dull parts. Also he's met the local guy Dustin Ortiz, who the weigh in show had to mention splits logs for exercise. That Willie guy came out smug as poo poo wearing headphones and a jacket and poo poo. Guess they're playing up the redneck vs urban angle, that's a very Nashville fight.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

First thing I noticed was Jesus as part of his summary. Then I saw the nickname. Then I noticed he's got like a single weird piece of hair. This guy was born to do mma.

Hope you noticed "combat wisdom"

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Thats a good post. Very informative, because I didn't know Jelly Belly had a Devil's Choice pack where they have reputedly captured the flavor essence of baby wipes

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Thats a good post. Very informative, because I didn't know Jelly Belly had a Devil's Choice pack where they have reputedly captured the flavor essence of baby wipes

If only they had a Dude Wipes flavor

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Soon we get to see the roller hockey man fight!

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Huh Hockeyman is at -1000 odds?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

They're really advertising greek national BJJ champ as though it means something?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Count Roland posted:

They're really advertising greek national BJJ champ as though it means something?

Well I think they mentioned the number of points hockeyman scored

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Christodoulo does that "hiya" poo poo when he strikes like Holly Holm does. gently caress this guy.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

origami posted:

Well I think they mentioned the number of points hockeyman scored

Yeah but not in Buffer's announcement. The Greek guy is totally outclassed here.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
He's got a decent chin at least

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

You know you're winning when your corners advice is just "keep having fun".

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
These guys seem really bad

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Holtzman has been landing tons of good shots but this guy just won't go down.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

One is really bad the other is punching him lots.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Holtzman is sloppy if anything.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I think Christodoulo is the flabbiest lightweight I've ever seen.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Greece's BJJ legacy has been ruined this night.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

haha they're lightweight? I guess that's why there was no KO from those uppercuts.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hope the guy who wasn't eyepoke by Kid Yamamoto wins

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Those were some late rear end blows.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hooray! I'm happy the guy who is the only representative of his country won.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I love so called highlights that have parenthesis that say things like (6th fastest KO (2:18 Min) in the LHW Divisions History)

Might as well say poo poo like (11th most time walking sideways (often right) when facing a wrestler in the second round)

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
by love do you mean casually enjoy? because it's not that intriguing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
He faced the pain

• Locked thread