Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
and it owns, still in the city limits but away from downtown and most other people. suck it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

is nice

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

buy a huge truck now

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
only place you could find 2000 feet away from a school huh

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I already drive a truck and work far from my home in an office lol

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Professor Tomtom posted:

drive truck work office

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

suburbs own

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The suburbs are okay, I like where I live cause its like kinda suburban but also close to Ventura Blvd so I can walk around and get a nice city feel without all the scary minorities

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Living in the city sucks unless you can afford to live right in its downtown area where the fun/nightlife is. Anyone who lives in the city but actually has a 1/2 to 1 hour commute to anything decent anyway should just eat the extra 15 minutes or so and live in a peaceful suburb instead

I used to live so far north in the Bronx I could've had a shorter commute to the fun parts of Manhattan from loving Long Island or Hoboken

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Cuckoo posted:

Living in the city sucks unless you can afford to live right in its downtown area where the fun/nightlife is. Anyone who lives in the city but actually has a 1/2 to 1 hour commute to anything decent anyway should just eat the extra 15 minutes or so and live in a peaceful suburb instead

I used to live so far north in the Bronx I could've had a shorter commute to the fun parts of Manhattan from loving Long Island or Hoboken

drat man, you live in jew york lovely? sorry bro :rip:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nooner posted:

You know your a new yorker when you get used everything smelling like piss and garbage

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
one day closer to death OP

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Nooner posted:

I've since moved out of NYC altogether but yeah. Now I live in a beautiful country area and everyone's a retarded hick but at least I have a nice house, a big backyard, space, and no poopy smells for miles around

You know you're a New Yorker when:

You look at a giant pile of poo poo on the street and idly wonder if it's from a dog or human

You're standing on a subway station late at night playing 'count the rats'

You know exactly what the term "smells like hot garbage" means

You're used to the idea of a 10 mile commute taking 1 hour or more

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
ppl who live in cities are dirty and full of soot

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Cuckoo posted:

You're used to the idea of a 10 mile commute taking 1 hour or more

:(:respek::(

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

why and how anyone lives in NYC or LA is completely beyond me

literal garbage holes

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

ppl who live in cities are dirty and full of soot

So are people that live in the desert.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
The only people who live in NYC are twenty somethings that pay rent. Who the hell wants to deal with all that traffic and noise and expensive rear end houses that your kid can't even play in the backyard of. Just move 30-50 minutes away and get the best of all world's. You don't have to live 8 minutes from your employer you lazy bastard.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

nice, op. pick me up some big league chew next time ur at the store

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

poopzilla posted:

buy a huge truck now

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
i bet you use your truck for no truck related purposes

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
i live in the suburbs and drive a volkswagen. american dream, man.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

maduin posted:

i live in the suburbs and drive a BAVARIAN MOTOR WORKS. american dream, man.

ftfy :cool:

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Is nice.

My next door neighbor on one side is a 9/11 truther who hasn't spoken to me for about 5-6 years, since I made a comment that *maybe* the CIA didn't orchestrate the whole thing.

The guy on the other side has a nice pool and his access policy is pretty much come over whenever you want, just close the fence gate.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
It seems to me the suburbs are a good compromise between living in the city and living in the country.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
movin to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

burritolingus posted:

It seems to me the suburbs are a good compromise between living in the city and living in the country.

Controversial opinion

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

burritolingus posted:

you get the worst of both places

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

mdm posted:

i bet you use your truck for no truck related purposes

I tow stuff about once a month and I put poo poo in the bed pretty frequently. I do not off-road.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
All of my neighbors are white or Indian (I'm Mexican)

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Baxter posted:

*maybe* the CIA didn't orchestrate the whole thing.

just lol

if you need it explained to you in a childish way heres cats explaining it starting around 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Professor Tomtom posted:

All of my neighbors are white or Indian (I'm Mexican)

I thought Mexicans were white now I'm confused :confused:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

I live in a village, seriously. (not like an African village) Everybody knows everyone's business, it can be a bit of a problem sometimes but it's a cozy place to live.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Vin BioEthanol posted:

just lol

if you need it explained to you in a childish way heres cats explaining it starting around 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4

I prefer it explained in a childish way, not need it. It's an important distinction. But ok, it looks like nutbag neighbor is right.

I have forgotten the face of my father.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I prefer livin' way out. I still have high'ish speed internet but I don't have to deal with anyone, for the most part.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender

Professor Tomtom posted:

and it owns, still in the city limits but away from downtown and most other people. suck it.

Suburbs in the city rule. It's the commuter suburbs out in the rural areas that are trash for trash people. Sure the house you could afford there would come with an extra bedroom and a bigger yard and your hoa would keep undesirables out but you only have like two restaurants and they are both Dairy Queen and you can't walk to either one and your car is only two years old and already has 100,000 miles on it and the closest good hospital is like an hour away. So go choke on a blizzard and die in an ambulance is what I would say to people I guess

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
lots of sooty rear end fuckin city slickers

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

MonkeyHate posted:

Suburbs in the city rule. It's the commuter suburbs out in the rural areas that are trash for trash people. Sure the house you could afford there would come with an extra bedroom and a bigger yard and your hoa would keep undesirables out but you only have like two restaurants and they are both Dairy Queen and you can't walk to either one and your car is only two years old and already has 100,000 miles on it and the closest good hospital is like an hour away. So go choke on a blizzard and die in an ambulance is what I would say to people I guess

There's this thing called cooking for yourself, maybe you've heard of it you savage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
My coworker: how can you live so close to the city it's too dangerous there for me for me with all the urban people and thugs.
Me: bitch you drive on the freeway three hours a day five days a week plus your driveway basically dumps out onto an undivided highway you better do that dangerous math again. Just kidding I smile and nod because she's a nice lady I'm sorry I wrote bitch

• Locked thread