Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Professor Tomtom posted:

All of my neighbors are white or Indian (I'm Mexican)

You are the bad element moving into the neighborhood now, they moved out to the suburbs to get away from blacks and mexicans. Move to the city where you will be love and accepted instead of the trashy suburbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Professor Tomtom posted:

All of my neighbors are white or Indian (I'm Mexican)

there goes the neighborhood

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MonkeyHate posted:

Suburbs in the city rule. It's the commuter suburbs out in the rural areas that are trash for trash people. Sure the house you could afford there would come with an extra bedroom and a bigger yard and your hoa would keep undesirables out but you only have like two restaurants and they are both Dairy Queen and you can't walk to either one and your car is only two years old and already has 100,000 miles on it and the closest good hospital is like an hour away. So go choke on a blizzard and die in an ambulance is what I would say to people I guess

It depends. If its not really a suburb but a rural area where you have like 10+ acres or something to gently caress off on and raise goats or w/e, that's p cool. i'd like to do that when i'm older . ISuburbs in cities where its like single, sometimes, multi family housing but they're kind of unique and a little different or looks cool because they've all been built at different times is also good. those are often super expensive though

if it's something like loving henderson, nv then holy poo poo. it was one of the most depressing experiences when i was there for a few months

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
y you wanna live so close to neighbors in the desert

isnt space like the #1 benefit of being out there

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Xaris posted:

It depends. If its not really a suburb but a rural area where you have like 10+ acres or something to gently caress off on and raise goats or w/e, that's p cool. i'd like to do that when i'm older . ISuburbs in cities where its like single, sometimes, multi family housing but they're kind of unique and a little different or looks cool because they've all been built at different times is also good. those are often super expensive though

if it's something like loving henderson, nv then holy poo poo. it was one of the most depressing experiences when i was there for a few months

It's like someone took a bunch of soviet housing blocks and went over them with a rolling pin

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

y you wanna live so close to neighbors in the desert

isnt space like the #1 benefit of being out there

EXACTLY

i dont loving understand it. like yeah i'd live someplace in the desert if i had 50 fuckoff acres to shoot guns and drive ATVs around whatever but this a whole another level of sad living

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I've never not lived in the suburbs, a true life hacker.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

MonkeyHate posted:

My coworker: how can you live so close to the city it's too dangerous there for me for me with all the urban people and thugs.

My boss refers to where I live as "downtown" and honestly believes it is full of muggers and aggressive homeless people and would never bring his children to the new park in my neighborhood because it is so dangerous.

I live 3 blocks away from the Ritz-Carlton hotel and residences.

He also said when the whole Trayvon Martin thing happened that he would be scared too if he saw someone in his neighborhood wearing a hoodie and walking in the rain and would probably call the police too, I was like come down to my neighborhood next time it is raining, the only people wearing hoodies walking in the rain are white yuppies.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I live downtown beside a strip club with a condemned bar across the street

its pretty cool

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Fried Watermelon posted:

its pretty cool

you ever get to see any titties?? :q:

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender

Xaris posted:

It depends. If its not really a suburb but a rural area where you have like 10+ acres or something to gently caress off on and raise goats or w/e, that's p cool. i'd like to do that when i'm older .

Maybe if you could train the goats to cook and deliver Thai food.

But seriously though I like that idea in theory. Buy some inexpensive property in the mountains that maybe has a creek running through it. Use my tractor to dig out a pond and raise ducks. Distill liquor from the native salmonberries that grow on my land. Salmonberry liqueur gets recommended by Oprah and I get rich. Wife dies in a car wreck trying to turn out of our driveway that dumps directly onto an undivided highway. I die in the back of an ambulance an hour away from the hospital after choking on a dq blizzard.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Three Olives posted:

You are the bad element moving into the neighborhood now, they moved out to the suburbs to get away from blacks and mexicans. Move to the city where you will be love and accepted instead of the trashy suburbs.

I'm not convinced that you aren't a Mexican 3O you're suspiciously brown

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Fried Watermelon posted:

its pretty cool

Baltimore?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
my suburb is 'merican as gently caress we had a no foolin 4th of july parade down main street with old fire trucks and stuff

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
did you have any cool fireworks?

That is one of the downsides to being in the city, you dont get to play with fireworks....

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Nooner posted:

did you have any cool fireworks?

That is one of the downsides to being in the city, you dont get to play with fireworks....

as far as sound goes you can pretend its the 4th every day tho what with all minorities shooting at each other

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

being white owns, suburb lyfe 4 eva

*throws awkward gang sign*

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Tomtom posted:

and it owns, still in the city limits but away from downtown and most other people. suck it.

I just shot an AR-15 out my window in morse code, it said, "suck my dick, op."

The country owns all. Nobody gives a fuuuuuk.

It's for real nice though, if you're a minority you can get a usga loan that is really loving nice. I'm white but I'm rich so whatever but if you're not... Sorry about the suck my dick comment I hope we can move on and be friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake

Cuckoo posted:

I've since moved out of NYC altogether but yeah. Now I live in a beautiful country area and everyone's a retarded hick but at least I have a nice house, a big backyard, space, and no poopy smells for miles around

You know you're a New Yorker when:

You look at a giant pile of poo poo on the street and idly wonder if it's from a dog or human

You're standing on a subway station late at night playing 'count the rats'

You know exactly what the term "smells like hot garbage" means

You're used to the idea of a 10 mile commute taking 1 hour or more

I live in the country, but still have plenty of poopy smells, horses poop a lot and we have two of them.

• Locked thread