Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
It's really popular to lift weights and exercise and get strong, big muscles but I am curious what the benefits to the built up muscles are, besides being able to lift bigger weights at the gym. What are some real life uses you have found for your muscle, or what would you do with it if you had one that you can't do now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
1 cool thing is that you can get really angry at the most trivial stuff possible because ur always in an aggressive mood

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i once hit a baseball into the sun which was p cool

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
It's much more fun to beat up women when you have big muscles because the other guys with big muscles will high five you and not beat you up like they do now.

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
I would probably be less sad staring into the mirror.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
people ask you to help them move all the time

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you look more attractive and clothes fit better on you. You also feel superior to other men because you are more physically imposing and more physically capable than them :smug:

Up to a point. After a certain point, usually after roid abuse, you get too huge and start to look ridiculous

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You can flex them and attract women.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
You guys have sold me, how do I get big muscles?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I can jerk off with increased intensity

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cantaloupe posted:

Start pumping iron.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
have sex like an olympian

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
have gay sex

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

have gay sex

the best reason

Millennium Child
Aug 7, 2015

a bay posted:

It's really popular to lift weights and exercise and get strong, big muscles but I am curious what the benefits to the built up muscles are, besides being able to lift bigger weights at the gym. What are some real life uses you have found for your muscle, or what would you do with it if you had one that you can't do now?

I don't know about everyone else, but lifting helped me with my confidence issues, boosted my overall health, and introduced me to a community of some of the most motivated individuals I've ever met. I'm now probably one of the most "jacked" guys at ASUS, or at least at my office. The funny part is, I'm not even that jacked.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Cantaloupe posted:

Get a subscription to Men's Health magazine and shop at GNC.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

people ask you to help them move all the time

so its kind of like owning a pickup truck

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Millennium Child posted:

I don't know about everyone else, but lifting helped me with my confidence issues, boosted my overall health, and introduced me to a community of some of the most motivated individuals I've ever met. I'm now probably one of the most "jacked" guys at ASUS, or at least at my office. The funny part is, I'm not even that jacked.

Do you call all your guy friends "bro" now?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Millennium Child posted:

Can I get a free ASUS computer from you?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im the most cut nerd in a building full of nerds

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp
Be attractive to attract attractive people imo

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
used to have muscles, want to get them back but imo the best part was beating on and cucking lil bitch betas

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

you can pick up things easier, just be careful you dont stab your eyes out while lifting your fork to your mouth

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

increased power level

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Beat up pussies and beat up some pussy iykwim

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
people who lift and have big muscles think they're also good at fighting by extension but they really aren't

and there's a lot of spots that aren't protected by muscles.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

today i begin my 30 month work out commitment- due to my dedication to my goku cosplay

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Moridin920 posted:

people who lift and have big muscles think they're also good at fighting by extension but they really aren't

and there's a lot of spots that aren't protected by muscles.

True, friend of mine who does amateur body building and MMA classes says he starts off every fight in fear of the opponent realizing how little protection muscles give the kidneys

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

extra stout posted:

today i begin my 30 month work out commitment- due to my dedication to my goku cosplay
Training to beat Goku (or at least Krillin)

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You can give your other buff gym-buddies really nasty bro-jobs that can't be beat (off) by scrawny dudes. Its cool to just whip out your friend's cock and giving it a good tug now and then.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
when your flight suit gets caked with poo poo you can just flex and it will flake off

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
get pussy

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I hear that you can kill a mosquito by flexing your muscle, trapping the proboscis and forcing the mosquito to feed until it explodes. Sounds like bullshit, though.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
impress the lads

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
get gay dude rear end

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Don't forget neck day.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

well when your muscles get big enough it literally feels like you are cumming when you lift heavy poo poo so that's a plus.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Bigger muscles are like luxury homes for your blood. Treat your blood right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao0mij7EHUA

• Locked thread