Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which time were people most unattractive?
This poll is closed.
2005-2010 42 13.08%
2000-2004 31 9.66%
1995-1999 33 10.28%
1990-1994 39 12.15%
1985-1989 48 14.95%
1980-1984 53 16.51%
goku 75 23.36%
Total: 178 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
What recent decade had the most unattractive people; whether physically, style wise, etc. I'm going with late 80's/early 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Nah this decade is peak fattie until next decade.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

2010s

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Definitely the 80s

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The 70s could have just kept going but nooooooo the 80s had to happen

Fuckin 80s

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gaunab posted:

What recent decade had the most unattractive people; whether physically, style wise, etc. I'm going with late 80's/early 90's

thanks for the pics so i can decide shitface

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
70's !! even worse than those thighs/codpiece young gentlemen wore after the Renaissance

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Robo Reagan posted:

get your own drat pics bitch

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Current decade due to all of the obese monsters

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the 90s had a bunch of hot goth, punk, and raver sluts though i'm on board with that

this decade kinda blows it's all potatoface celebrities from flyover states and fatties

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
5 year periods as in the poll are not decades. Gas.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
70's women walking around with bushes the size of chewbacca

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
80s were a joke of fashion

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

ColoradoCleric posted:

80s were a joke of fashion

Going through highschool in 80's I kinda liked the look. Some girls could really pull it off, Guess jeans with no back pockets on a highschool girl was HOT.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

voted checkbox poll

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Millennials look like nancy boys prancing around in their skinny jeans so I'm going to go with whatever decade those people are in.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
If anything, people are less attractive now since a higher percentage are fatties. Fashion is what you're really wondering about. A beautiful person will be beautiful regardless of what they're wearing.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Robo Reagan posted:

Medieval Medic posted:

5 year periods as in the poll are not decades. Gas.

op you really flubbed this one up you should probably go overdose on heroin bud

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

burritolingus posted:

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
millennials are fatties with bad ink and unfortunate piercings dressed in terrible clothes so just step outside for a first hand look at the ugliest ever

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Matey posted:

op you really flubbed this one up you should probably go overdose on heroin bud

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
w/e decade has the pasty white chubby IT guy w/ 0 muscle definition of any kind and tiny arms wearing really unmasculine clothing while he celebrates being a beta

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
80s had perms, shoulder pads, and everyone dressing like middle aged women. Even today's poo poo tattoos and gaping ear holes can't compare to that horror.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Any style or fashion is gonna look fine when everyone is wearing it, so basically you have to base it on the body types rather than clothes. As we've been consistently getting fatter you could conclude that the most recent decade is always the ugliest.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
theory

if acid washed jeans are present in any great percentage in a given period of time, it is also very likely an ugly period of time in terms of everything else

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

burritolingus posted:

Yeah, this is truth. If you have a different opinion it's probably because you are a literal child and have no frame of reference.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
80s hands down.

Like... what in the gently caress?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Put the checkboxes up to 99 because lotsa girls still had jungle bush back then which is bad.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The late to mid 80's were the peak of ugly. Every article of clothing was designed to be unflattering and dull. Even heart throb women were expected to have sharp man-like features and no asses. For men, the mullet and mustache were the in thing, perhaps the least attractive thing a man can don. Anyone that says today is the ugliest has no loving clue. Today, even fatty women can wear things that give the illusion of being attractive and hot women are really loving hot.

Though, as my little pet idea, I surmise that common fashion hasn't changed drastically since about 1998 except for some outlier stuff. Hell, even saggy pants are in style still.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Gaunab posted:

This, I have no loving idea what they were thinking with the music, fashion, cars, etc. I mean if you go back and look at those things in the 20s or 50s or any other decade you can at least understand the appeal. I cannot understand the appeal of Rick Astley, feathered hair, and lovely box-shaped cars.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Tarkus posted:

Though, as my little pet idea, I surmise that common fashion hasn't changed drastically since about 1998 except for some outlier stuff. Hell, even saggy pants are in style still.

That's pretty true for most normal people. However around 2005 things did get kinda dumb. Women wore clothes that were too big and men wore clothes that were too small. There was the Depression-chic that hipsters co-opted for a while and that was pretty bad. They eventually moved on to late 80s early 90s neon poo poo, but the damage was done. As for your theory on the 80s being peak ugly, well you're wrong. It wasn't great, but it wasn't the worst.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tarkus posted:

yeah it's interesting how the 60s, 70s, 80s, and even 90s are pretty well defined decade to decade but what is the difference between 2002 and 2008 and now really? not much. refinements of previous things and ironic wearing of things but otherwise...

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX6l6jUOAs8

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Moridin920 posted:

yeah it's interesting how the 60s, 70s, 80s, and even 90s are pretty well defined decade to decade but what is the difference between 2002 and 2008 and now really? not much. refinements of previous things and ironic wearing of things but otherwise...

2002 seemed to be the time that the skinny jeans/ugg boot look really took off. Shopping vintage became very big around that time, especially the 80s revival, and there were short lived trends such as nu-rave. There are certain looks I'd definitely place in the 00s.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

burritolingus posted:

this

op statistically speaking this decade has the most fat fucks and every last one of them is wholly unattractive

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
every era thatthe OP is in is the worst!! LOL

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

2005 to 2010 :aatrek:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008