Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Well as long as pulvirenti is banned you can't blame the whole team. Was it ever shown that they were complicit? I'd love to see those five matches.

In other news, Gattuso is now manager of Pisa. RIP Pisa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
can't wait for him to manage milan

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Juve have offloaded Llorente to Sevilla on loan for the season.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Juve have offloaded Llorente to Sevilla on loan for the season.

Sweet. I was starting to worry he might start this weekend.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Sweet. I was starting to worry he might start this weekend.

It's not bold but it looks like it's happening. Who will be up top anyway? Zaza and....?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

It's not bold but it looks like it's happening. Who will be up top anyway? Zaza and....?

Dybala I suppose

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Dybala I suppose

Oh yeah I forgot. For "backups" that's a really good duo.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Alex Sandro to Juve is a done deal.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 20, 2015

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

Alex Sandro to Juve is a done deal.

26 million, Christ. I dont' think I've ever seen him play, is he good?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

He is a Brazilian defender so he's probably a good attacker and a clown defender, can't say I've really paid attention to him.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Drogadon posted:

He is a Brazilian defender so he's probably a good attacker and a clown defender, can't say I've really paid attention to him.

That's my impression from the 90 seconds of YouTube video I watched, you must be 100% correct.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What are these weird Balo to Lazio rumours

I mean, out of all places?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Duro posted:

What are these weird Balo to Lazio rumours

I mean, out of all places?

I thought he was going to Samp. Lazio probably want to bring in a striker since Klose is out for a bit. You'd think they would find someone cheaper, all the other poo poo notwithstanding.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
New rumor is that Lazio will get him on loan with Liverpool paying 60% of the wages IF Lazio make the CL group stage

Believable rumor.

Apparently Sevilla and Galatasaray are also interested in him, but I take that with a grain of salt.

I personally want Balo to stay with Liverpool, cash his loyalty bonus, spend it on something stupid, and when Rodgers get canned for being the sham that he is, the new manager actually plays Balo and he scores many goals. Then he gets interviewed on tv and says "Thanks Duro, for being the only person in the world that still believes in me. I want to hire you as my agent" (<--- Ideal dream scenario)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

I thought he was going to Samp. Lazio probably want to bring in a striker since Klose is out for a bit. You'd think they would find someone cheaper, all the other poo poo notwithstanding.

liverpool will probably sell him for gently caress all because getting rid of his huge wages and an actual transfer fee is better for them

destro has signed for bologna

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

liverpool will probably sell him for gently caress all because getting rid of his huge wages and an actual transfer fee is better for them

If he goes for less then 10 that has to go down as one of Liverpool's worst transfers in recent memory.

Destro and Bobby Freshwater (who is somehow only 27?) are gonna do good things I think.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

If he goes for less then 10 that has to go down as one of Liverpool's worst transfers in recent memory.

Destro and Bobby Freshwater (who is somehow only 27?) are gonna do good things I think.

they could give him away on a free and its less money than spent on andy carroll

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

they could give him away on a free and its less money than spent on andy carroll

Carroll actually scored a few goals though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm not even sure if it would be. They've had like a dozen absolutely disastrous transfers in the last 5 or so years.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

Balo will never agree to lower wages

He has the right to stay exactly where he is and make 6 million a year for 4 years. I guarantee you that if he does that, Rodgers will be gone before he is.

If Balo is sold, it will be to a club that can match his wages. Even if it's not exactly 6 million, it will have to be close.

Even if Lazio pay 40% of his current wages, he'd still be one of, if not the, highest earners on the team. A loan is the only thing that makes sense for Liverpool right now if they aren't going to play him. Loan him and hope he raises his stock

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

trem_two posted:

Carroll actually scored a few goals though.

If Balotelli had as many minutes on the pitch as Carroll did, he'd have easily scored more than Carroll

Let's be serious here, Rodgers had it in for him from the start and never gave him a chance. It's like they wanted to ruin him waste their money

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

You'd think they would find someone cheaper, all the other poo poo notwithstanding.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Apparently Mihajlovic has been smoking crack because he said he wants to keep him around.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'm sure it will be a while before Balo comes back to serie A. I mean, he played for Inter and Milan already. So upkeeping with his tradition of pissing fans off, he'll go to ManU (unlikely) or Everton (likely).

In all honesty, I think it's going to be a bit before he actually does anything. He'll sit and make money for the loyalty bonus, and since sterling is gone, and they aren't already playing one of their strikers, Borini, I think Balo will get more playing time this season. He may not be good, but he'll play.

Also, this just in, Fiorentina Women's FC just got formed and is the first Italian women's club to be directly attached to and supervised by a Serie A team. Pretty cool imo. They finished fourth last season too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

LIverpool have like 7 strikers or something stupid. they're desperate to get rid of Balotelli. Borini too

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Also, what's Viola's sponsor this year? Are they finally gonna rock VW like they did last season for 1 game? Is it going to be Save the Children again? If I recall they stopped their Mazda sponsorship.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jose posted:

LIverpool have like 7 strikers or something stupid. they're desperate to get rid of Balotelli. Borini too

Yep. Liverpool should never ever buy Italian.

Most Liverpool supporters actually really like Mario though. I think most of us feel sorry for the guy as he wasn't bought by the manager and clearly doesn't fit into a high pressing game as a lone striker. He's never complained and has by in large been completely professional with us. I hope he goes to Turkey where he'll score a lot of goals and still get paid good money. Also they're likely to give us at least some money for him unlike those cheap rear end Italian clubs.

I'm still pissed off that Borini turned down a move to Sunderland which would have made us like 14 million pounds or something ridiculous. We'll be lucky to get anywhere near HALF of that now. Admittedly you can't blame someone for not wanting to go to Sunderland S'land.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yep. Liverpool should never ever buy Italian.

Most Liverpool supporters actually really like Mario though. I think most of us feel sorry for the guy as he wasn't bought by the manager and clearly doesn't fit into a high pressing game as a lone striker. He's never complained and has by in large been completely professional with us. I hope he goes to Turkey where he'll score a lot of goals and still get paid good money. Also they're likely to give us at least some money for him unlike those cheap rear end Italian clubs.

I'm still pissed off that Borini turned down a move to Sunderland which would have made us like 14 million pounds or something ridiculous. We'll be lucky to get anywhere near HALF of that now. Admittedly you can't blame someone for not wanting to go to Sunderland S'land.

Yeah, I hope we can get him but it's whatever. What we really need are some loving actual fullbacks.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Soulex posted:

What we really need are some loving actual fullbacks.

You can have Isla and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwpzalU4aJA

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

this is actually a song he wrote, loving lmao

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

mods rename me to "DJ PAULEEEEENO" tia

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Gigi Galli posted:

this is actually a song he wrote, loving lmao

looks like he animated it too

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Juventus should be playing that at every game, loudly

Drogadon posted:

mods rename me to "DJ PAULEEEEENO" tia

Lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Roberto Soriano to Milan in exchange for Nocerino + cash appears to be happening. Would be happy with that, and it creates a lot of midfield clutter. De Jong is pretty much set in place, then there's Bertolacci, Poli, Bonaventura, Montolivo, Mauri and now maybe Soriano all in for 2 spots. My bet is that Mauri gets loaned out at least.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Roberto Soriano to Milan in exchange for Nocerino + cash appears to be happening. Would be happy with that, and it creates a lot of midfield clutter. De Jong is pretty much set in place, then there's Bertolacci, Poli, Bonaventura, Montolivo, Mauri and now maybe Soriano all in for 2 spots. My bet is that Mauri gets loaned out at least.

Yeah, Mauri on loan is probably in his best interests, also wouldn't shock me to see Poli or Montolivo leave as well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Yeah, Mauri on loan is probably in his best interests, also wouldn't shock me to see Poli or Montolivo leave as well.

I'd be glad to see the back of Montolivo and De Jong made captain in his place but I don't think he's going to leave. Poli is good and I want him to stay.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I notice Frosinone are fellow Canaries so go them whoever/wherever they are

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
montolivio is old and broken so he will stay at milan for the next 5 years

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

and will become a CB sometime soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So...Roma has a new sponsorship deal with Turkish Airlines.

Which includes having their sponsor on their shirt :negative:

• Locked thread