Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

No mention of Kevin Lasagna gas thread ban OP.

Also Montella was fired for:

1) Being too ambitious and wanting big signings (pessimists version)
2) Having an underground contact with another team and hoping to be released from the clause (optimists version)

Really liking a lot of what Sousa is showing, if we grab a proper Babacar alternative, a second DM and a right wingback we might confirm last years results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is (not adjusting for inflation) Milan's highest spending session in history.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

trem_two posted:

Romagnoli said goodbye to Roma today

You can get the meaning from the keywords Romagnoli, Laziale, Funerale.

Also Soulex - Kalinic should be our Babacar bencher, we'll see if he does like in Hajduk/Dnipro (good) or Blackburn (bad).

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

poo poo Farm posted:

and also gone to fenerbahce

That's the Basketball player by the same name :D

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I like him, but for what they are asking (7 million) I'd rather get someone more ready than a 19 year old. He's got a huge potential tho so it could be a nice investment.

Kalinic shows lotta promise to me, in some of his movements he reminds me a lot of the first Toni; Toni was stronger and more physical, Kalinic seems to have a little bit more finesse. I have a good feeling about him, hope I'm not as wrong as I was with Gomez.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Balotelli's new shoe line:

Yes, that's a fake mohawk on the back and it says "why always me?" on the sides.

I remember when he used to be a pretty good footballer...

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Continuing with the Allegri curse, Marchisio is now 20 days out with a thigh injury. He will likely miss Roma-Juventus.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Let's talk about non-northern conspiracies:

Lazio / Genoa / Lecce trials: two matches are under further scrutiny from the old match fixing days - Lazio-Lecce and Lazio-Genoa (the Mauri games). Mauri rescinded his contract at the start of this summer and decided to quit. Palazzi, the prosecutor, after carefully investigating the new proof provided by the key witness, decided to re-open the trials for Lecce and Genoa. But not Lazio, because in the previous investigation they brought the case to the fourth level, the TNAS, or the CONI tribunal. Since a sentence from them is supposed to be final, further trials cannot be reopened even if new proof comes to light. Crowning this achievement: Mauri magically is a Lazio player again as of today.

Catania: Pulvirenti, the owner, admitted he bought 5 matches during last year's serie B in order to save themselves from relegation to Lega Pro. Such a crime normally should involve a lifetime ban from football for the involved people, and extremely harsh penalties to the football team.

But wait! Pulvirenti is friends with Lotito and Tavecchio, good friend, and the fact he cooperated means he should get a lighter sentence - he's got a 5 year ban (maybe), and Catania is relegated to Lega Pro (where they would have ended anyway without match fixing) and a 12 point penalty for this year's league - for five fixed matches, that's barely a slap of the wrist.

:italy:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

You'd think they would find someone cheaper, all the other poo poo notwithstanding.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Looks like Suarez might not start tomorrow, since he picked up a red card in the Copa del Rey. According to Fifa he needs to skip one cup match, according to FIGC one league match; I think to avoid risks, we're not playing him at all.

In further good Milan news, Mexes is not called up for tomorrow, so the defensive line appears to be going to be Alex / Ely again.

I'm hoping for a draw tomorrow, Fiorentina had a rough week with Joaquin and now Suarez so we might get concentration problems.

Mercato news, it looks like Fiorentina might snag an obese Iturbe from Roma on a loan + purchase right; I like these kind of bets and a left footed winger is exactly what we need.

E: Looks like Suarez can play after all.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 22, 2015

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Surely it'll be romagnoli/Ely?

Could be, Miha said he will play with more or less the team that played Perugia - was it Romagnoli then?

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 22, 2015

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

One for next year's thread already, Gigi:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

According to Di Marzio, Balotelli is expected to meet with Mihajlovic for a possible return to Milan. Brb dusting my #rigoreperilmilan button.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Marotta just announced done deal for Cuadrado on loan.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

pik_d posted:

Whichever report sounds the most hosed up is the one thats true

I liked the Oscar Cuadrado Willian and 92 millions for Pogba one.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

This is going to be the best season ever :allears:

Watch us get a manita in the face from Milan tonight now :D

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 23, 2015

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

We're playing with:

Tata
Tomovic Roncaglia Gonzalo Alonso
Borja Badelj
Gilberto Ilicic Bernardeschi
Kalinic

Milan with the same team as Perugia's match.

E: Joaquin not even on the bench so most likely he goes tomorrow :cry:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So Roma-Juve on saturday already a relegation clash.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I particularly liked Bein's video editing

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

He's still ours right?

Yup

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This must be the weirdest serie A table I've seen:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Funkysauce posted:

I don't understand the Joaquin situation with Fiorentina but he honestly sounds like a big baby. He said he wanted to go back to Betis the day he left. Then why did he even leave?

Also, I have no background or history on his situation so my opinion is only reflecting his recent comments.

That's pretty much it, he's been told he has to stay for his contract to end (2016) and that even the 15 presence renewal clause can be ignored, but no, he wants to be released for free (or close to it, Betis offered 200k).

To be honest I have lost a lot of respect for him, and he was the guy that scored a winner against Juventus on the 0-2 to 4-2 epic match; that alone in Florence (since we win nothing ever) is the stuff you tell to the kids and grandkids. It's not like we got him for free either, we paid 2 or 3 millions for him.

Even Betis is playing dirty (and their Director is our old one Macia), offering him the contract of a lifetime (3 years + 1 and a guaranteed seat on the board when he quits) but told him it's only valid this year, next year it won't be. Maybe Macia has an axe to grind with Fiorentina?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Balotelli is undergoing medicals right now.

Gigi - your new av:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mans posted:

paulo sousa owns

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Apparently Balo's contract has a code of conduct cribbed from the Italian Air Force.

:italy:

Cassano also has a "Being Cassano" clause that can cause his pay to be docked.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 26, 2015

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Looks like Llorente is joining Sevilla on a free, after rescinding with Juventus.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

What, next year? He's literally at Milanello.

He means Gomez.

He didn't start either of the first two matches at Besiktas, and played about 30 minutes combined. No goals yet.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Milan is on fire:

Kucka to Milan is a done deal
Montolivo to Olympique Lyonnais is a done deal
Paletta to Atalanta is a done deal

Also Perisic to Inter.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 27, 2015

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

I know Atalanta is done but lets see sme links chief!!!

Montolivo will recover and become Pirlo tier probably. Kucka is not good enough, nice moves Galliani :rolleyes:

Sorry, the Montolivo one I jumped the gun.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Ugh this av

Have a Matri on loan to West Ham done deal as a present.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

yesssssss

lmao, at least now you can oogle La Nargi in the British press

When it rains it pours: Fiorentina is very close to getting ... MEXES from Milan.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Nope, Berlusconi just vetoed it. Sorry.

E: Actually, the story about this is AMAZING:

Mediaset saw a blonde guy going into a Florence hotel. It was Maxi Lopez picking up his wife. They thought it was Mexes. For some reason they decided it was a Fiorentina deal. Sky then piggybacked on this, as well as Sportitalia and Gazzetta.

Then they found out it was Maxi, and now they are making up a story about Berlusconi vetoing the transfer last minute. Amazing.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 27, 2015

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Draxler to Juventus has fallen through, according to Di Marzio juve is thinking about Nocerino :lol:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Stick a fork in Juve.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

@Optacanepazzo: First time in history Juve loses the first 2 matches. Allegri syndrome.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

I can only tell from the back looked like he mimed beating off and spreading the jizz on Torino fans, and then gets a talking to by Sousa.

Lol

He was making the matador gesture in honor of Joaquin. But Torino's emblem being a bull, fans took it to be a taunt, as did the ref.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Piazza etc.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Chievo Sassuolo Palermo Torino and incredibly Inter are all at the top of the table.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Zenga :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Juventus finally loaned Buchel to Empoli, after nearly having the deal fall through due to Buchel contacting and flirting with Saponara's GF, and Saponara threatened to leave Empoli if they got him. Let's see what happens.

Fiorentina noticed they didn't have any defenders left and stopped the transfer of Bagadur to Lanciano, who had already announced him.

E: Also, a Soriano - Zuniga swap failed as they didn't deposit the contracts on time. Looking forward to some De Laurentiis/Ferrero shenanigans :D

E2: Ljajic's contract was deposited at 22.59, 1 minute before deadline.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 31, 2015

• Locked thread