Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Remember when we had those?

Template:

My stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm too lazy to do one so I'm just going to quote this.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i haven't seen hidemari sketch

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont know why there's empty space at the bottom and i cant be assed to fix it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

i dont know why there's empty space at the bottom and i cant be assed to fix it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

I swear to God I'll probate you for this Monday.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

What I also got: Scientific proof I actually hate myself.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

I'm still not really sure how that was supposed to work.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the only hot blood i got from gaogaigar was a fever

because it made me SICK

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

kyon kun denwa

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

What is that in the first panel?

Because if the last panel doesn't make you want to watch something, I don't know what would.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Rokka no Yuusha, There's a thread for it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
It's a good show, but I don't understand the praise it gets for the Mesoamerican inspiration, because it's so superficial. People who make fantasy anime can't imagine a setting without horses, apparently.

To be fair, there's a reason for this: the original LNs didn't have much vivid description of architecture, etc., so the anime people added the stepped pyramids and so forth.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

It's a good show, but I don't understand the praise it gets for the Mesoamerican inspiration, because it's so superficial. People who make fantasy anime can't imagine a setting without horses, apparently.

To be fair, there's a reason for this: the original LNs didn't have much vivid description of architecture, etc., so the anime people added the stepped pyramids and so forth.
the second thing is probably the reason for the first thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's nice to have a fantasy show that's not set in medieval Europe for a change, even if it doesn't effect much.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

So it that meant to be an endorsement? Because I felt that the anime was mediocre even without taking into account that it's a followup to Steins;Gate. It meanders at first without doing much of anything of importance about building robots. It then drags in a bunch of extraneous characters and plot lines that gets haphazardly wrapped into the main plot that somehow culminates into a bunch of scrappy kids and their homemade robot try to save the world from an evil AI that's using a combat robot that is considerably superior.

Now that I think about it, comparing it to K-ON may be apt because the characters do stuff other than building robots at first. :haw: In all, it seemed they didn't know what to do with the story whether it was supposed to be slice of life, sport, mystery, or action/sci-fi and the story got more stupid towards the end.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Edward IV posted:

It then drags in a bunch of extraneous characters and plot lines that gets haphazardly wrapped into the main plot

In all, it seemed they didn't know what to do with the story whether it was supposed to be slice of life, sport, mystery, or action/sci-fi and the story got more stupid towards the end.

I disagree ith that completely. You may be right, and I may be reading purpose into it here there is none. But I think Robotics;Notes kne exactly hit it as doing. The entire thing, all the plot lines and the characters, are essentially a Rube Goldberg machine. It all builds up to and comes together at the moment hen Akiho realizes that the robot she built actually is going to defeat evil and save the orld. The last to episodes are the most cliche giant robot story possible, but the route it takes to get there is so circuitous and eird, it's just onderful.

As I said, I might just be forcing meaning onto hat is just bad story-riting, and even if I'm right I understand hy other people don't care for it, but it hit my taste just perfectly.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I disagree ith that completely. You may be right, and I may be reading purpose into it here there is none. But I think Robotics;Notes kne exactly hit it as doing. The entire thing, all the plot lines and the characters, are essentially a Rube Goldberg machine. It all builds up to and comes together at the moment hen Akiho realizes that the robot she built actually is going to defeat evil and save the orld. The last to episodes are the most cliche giant robot story possible, but the route it takes to get there is so circuitous and eird, it's just onderful.

As I said, I might just be forcing meaning onto hat is just bad story-riting, and even if I'm right I understand hy other people don't care for it, but it hit my taste just perfectly.

For the love of god please go to Staples and buy a 15 dollar keyboard or something.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Ho am I supposed to use a keyboard ith a laptop?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ahhh

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

boom boom boom posted:

Ho am I supposed to use a keyboard ith a laptop?
You plug it in.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Eriouly the wort gimmick I have ever een.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
My brother has a laptop with a broken keyboard. That's why he bought a new keyboard, and plugged it in

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Silver2195 posted:

also the show has steelworking and gunpowder

and apples

apples arent native to the new world

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

his posts get better if you read them like sylvester the cat

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

his posts get better if you read them like sylvester the cat

e: Sorry that would be, 'oure totay ight'

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012