Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
pushrod tubes and valvecovers are common piss points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Its an acvw. There are guys on youtube that build em up to run em at redline for 3-4 minutes without oil.

You *might* wanna pop off the tinware for some better pics...and or hose-er down and fire it over post the removal of the tinware.

Pics of such would be great too. :D

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
You're lucky its an acvw engine, anything else would have trashed the bearings. If the coolers obviously not pissing throw new Orings on it and bolt-er' back on. Get some fresh heavyweight into that crankcase stat.

Personally I'd opt for a manual fuel shutoff over a solenoid, but to each their own. I've seen a few bikes fill crankcases with 2-5 gallons of gas from a leaky float. :suicide:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Do they sell guaranteed to pass? Or E85? Its hell on old fuel systems...but split a little in your tank.

your idle fail....its been a long rear end time since I dealt with ACVW carbs. do you have an a/f screw? Screw that fucker in 1/4-1/2 turn or so.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
also don't forget mexican beetles and later beetles came with EFI,(digifant even!) if anything theres your manifold to build on.

add that and the diy arduino efi thread and wham bam thank you mam.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
The dragon stays. :colbert:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
also fwiw a lot of 80s vehicles with cruise still had a cable speedometer with a vss mounted somewhere in the middle. find one and jank it.

E: like these

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Home depot sells sheet metal, or go cut the roof off a car at the yard, trim it to fit and panel van that bitch. people loving *suck*.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
4.9L and ZF is shy of unkillable. good year for obdII reasons too. probably the last for the 4.9L which is one of fords best engines imo.

4x4 or 2x4? not that it matters a lot.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Pre-96 should be EEC-IV which is super well documented and hosed with thoroughly at this point.
zf5 rebuild kits can be had for under 200, use atf in it and not detergent motor oil/gear oils :|

Expect usual ford things too. TREs. Ball joints. suspension poo poo. 92+ got better pedalboxes/bulkheads that were less prone to breaking/cracking/flexing/fuckingoff.
TTB likes to single sided deathwobble. its funny to watch. Wiring should be fine by that vintage. they cleaned up a lot of the bullshit in 92 with the redesign. (sans the lol abs recall)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

pristine 1967 F250 in trade :eng99:

Go on.

• Locked thread