Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Goon CoC fantasy football is back! Last year was a chill no drama league so let's do this poo poo again this year. Anyone in last year has a spot saved but we have a few extra spots for anyone else interested.

Draft date Sunday August 30th 1 PM EST.

This will be a standard yahoo rules league except with .5 PPR & 6 points per TD for QB.

Roster: QB WR WR RB RB TE W/R/TE K DST BN BN BN BN BN BN

The draft order is randomly selected by Yahoo 30 mins before the draft starts.

Payouts

$15 buy in, with 70% going to 1st and 30% to 2nd.

Everyone is paid up! $179.26 in the pot.

Players/Teams (Clash based team names please)

1. Spacely - THOutSoIDontGetFined
2. Rcarr - Eli's Giant Head
3. Dancing Peasant - Shattered JPPLaLoon
4. ExtraFox - Trap Queen
5. SalTheBard - Dragonz n Rage Spell
6. dalstrs - GronkWiPe
7. Ceros_X - First and Guh - 2ND PLACE
8. Spermy Smurf - First down syndrome
9. Reik - Anti 3-Star Roster
10. Trebek - Percy Farmin - WINNER!
11. Paladine_PSoT - Useful Valks 2016
12. Patty Bateman - We Be Slangin Throws

Season 1
Season 2

Spacely fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Joined as Eli's Giant Head. My strategy will be to draft only running backs and gem the other positions.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 8, 2015

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Last year, I was Archer Manning. This year, it's "Shattered JPPLaLoon"

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Joined and stuff. I was Nice Rushed QB last year. In as Trap Queen this year.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Dragonz and Rage Spellz here, but since my preferred attack has changed I'll probably change my team name too :P

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I'm in as Qbs for Clanholes. Haven't had much team name inspiration this year :/

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
In again as First and Guh, didn't get an e-mail though got one.

Ceros_X fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 8, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Think i just got an invite to this league again. I accepted (First down syndrome) but I dont play clash of clans.

More than willing to spend a few bucks to play, was a great league where everyone participated last year... but if you want to boot me to make room for your K-K-Klansmen to join I understand.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
In as "Royal Encephalopathy"

August 30th works for me

Reik fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 9, 2015

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
FWIW for the draft date discussion: I don't yet know when my other leagues are drafting, but I do know that I have poo poo going on every Saturday in August and September thus far. August 28th, a Friday, I'm also busy until like 11 EST and I'll probably be drunk then anyway. That said, if we set a date and I have a conflict I can probably make it work as long as I know in advance.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
As long as its not Sunday the 23rd I'm golden. M-F doesn't work for me do to my job. I work 215p - 11p CST.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Think i just got an invite to this league again. I accepted (First down syndrome) but I dont play clash of clans.

More than willing to spend a few bucks to play, was a great league where everyone participated last year... but if you want to boot me to make room for your K-K-Klansmen to join I understand.

Ya stay. Last year was great so let's keep it going.

ExtraFox posted:

FWIW for the draft date discussion: I don't yet know when my other leagues are drafting, but I do know that I have poo poo going on every Saturday in August and September thus far. August 28th, a Friday, I'm also busy until like 11 EST and I'll probably be drunk then anyway. That said, if we set a date and I have a conflict I can probably make it work as long as I know in advance.

Ya that's why I'm thinking a few weeks away and a Sunday afternoon/night would work for most people. I know weekdays are poo poo for a lot of folks. Plus it's far enough into the preseason that we will hopefully know who decided to be total gently caress ups and gets banned for a season ala Rice and Peterson .

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Spacely posted:

Ya stay. Last year was great so let's keep it going.

Ya that's why I'm thinking a few weeks away and a Sunday afternoon/night would work for most people. I know weekdays are poo poo for a lot of folks. Plus it's far enough into the preseason that we will hopefully know who decided to be total gently caress ups and gets banned for a season ala Rice and Peterson .

In my home league last year I had Peterson as my keeper. He played week one and then cost me wavier dollars because my life is pain.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I am leaving on vacation Sept 6th, so as long as the we draft before the 5th I am pretty open at the moment. Maybe a good idea making one of those things where we can all put in our best dates and then pick from there. (can't remember the website that did that)

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
I am in the middle east right now and it is about 10 hours ahead. I'll try and make whatever draft time you guys hammer out, no worries.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Apparently my head trauma clash joke did not test well in focus groups. Changing team name from Royal Encephalopathy to Anti 3-Star Roster

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
I was going to change mine to Blitzed Buttholes but decided to keep 'First and Guh' because there is nothing in this life more retarded than that.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
30th is great for me.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Aaaaaand lol my other league also wants to draft on the 30th. I can do both, as long as they're not the same time (both are Yahoo). Would earlier afternoon EST be okay? They're talking about later evening.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

ExtraFox posted:

Aaaaaand lol my other league also wants to draft on the 30th. I can do both, as long as they're not the same time (both are Yahoo). Would earlier afternoon EST be okay? They're talking about later evening.

1PM - 5PM EST works out to about 8pm - Midnight local time, so that would be fine with me, anything past 5PM and I am staying up until 2 AM drafting (which I will do, but prefer not to).

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I can do the 30th, would prefer evening but can probably swing 1pm.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I also have another draft on the 30th. The time hasn't been announced, but it's a live in house draft so I have to give it priority.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
30th is great for me

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
My other league has set the draft for 7:30 Eastern. Assuming an hour and a half, I could do anything 6:00 or earlier.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The 30th should be good for me. We could always set up a http://doodle.com/ to if we need to in order to find other times.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

I can do the 30th, would prefer evening but can probably swing 1pm.

Like anytime after 1 or at 1 only?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
1pm would be better than 2-5 for me, but 7:30 would be best like a normal draft.

29th or 31st would be fine for evenings for me too.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
So it looks like the 30th at 1PM EST is the consensus, or moving it back to the 29th and then shooting for a different time to avoid conflicts?

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
Seems like the 30th at 1 pm EST is the best. Any objections?

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Fine with me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

1pm is good for me. My other draft will almost certainly be in the evening.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Joined as Chip's Yonkers Plan. Do I need to take care of any other business before the draft?

The 30th works for me. I'd prefer something at night (after 8PM?) but I can make 1 pm work.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

commy gun posted:

Joined as Chip's Yonkers Plan. Do I need to take care of any other business before the draft?

The 30th works for me. I'd prefer something at night (after 8PM?) but I can make 1 pm work.

No offense meant, but do you play Clash of Clans in any of the goon clans? I couldn't tell from your post history, but this league is meant for folks from that game.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

God dammit.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

commy gun posted:

God dammit.

I don't play Clash and they let me join last year because they couldn't find anyone else.

If there are still free slots, I expect they will let you play rather than not have a league.

As long as you're active in FF they're good with it!

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Yeah it's really not a big deal as long as we get another person and we're not leaving out CoC goons who want to play. Just curious.

edit: I'll post a reminder in the main CoC thread.

ExtraFox fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 17, 2015

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

In as 'Useful Valks 2016'

looks like it was the 12th

edit: Im PDT so weekend drafts or late weekday evening so I can attend

Paladine_PSoT fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 17, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Spacely posted:

Seems like the 30th at 1 pm EST is the best. Any objections?

30th at Noon CST is fantastic!

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

I can do that time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

commy gun posted:

I'll keep you in mind and toss you an invite if we have an extra slot but for now we want to keep this to players in our clans if possible.

• Locked thread