Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I feel the same way every time I need to click through 6 pages to add a player in an ESPN league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I feel the same way every time I need to click through 6 pages to add a player in an ESPN league.

Better than the 8 on yahoo

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Setting up a draft order on yahoo last year took hours and was awful. Had to keep clicking to load more and more dudes, search only persisted on the front page of football mans, they had every drat player ever listed including retired guys, ugh.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Thought we were missing some scoring settings on ESPN last year. I'm good for anywhere, but this my only league on Yahoo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm fine with ESPN or Yahoo as long as we never, ever use NFL. I would prefer ESPN but I'll live without it!

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
Regardless of what site we use (whether you decide to change or not), do we have a better idea of when the draft will actually be held, or are we still waiting for another owner or two? I mean, I'm most likely available at any time that is decided upon, but it would be nice to know about it well in advance.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I just cross-posted in the main thread to try to find the missing owners we need. Once we're filled, we can decide on a date, but right now I think I'm between Tuesday 9/1 or Thursday 9/3 at like 10pm ET if either of those works for everyone? Otherwise it's going to need to be one of Mon.-Wed. 9/7-9.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Tuesday 9/1 or Thursday 9/3 at like 10pm ET

These both work great for me.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Thursday is better for me

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I can do it any time it's past 5pm Pacific

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Although I'm fine with either Tuesday or Thursday, I'd slightly prefer Tuesday because my birthday is this coming Thursday and I'd like to be even lazier than I already am that day. Feel free to completely ignore that reason, it's not a big deal either way.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I guess we didn't draft Tuesday. Are we drafting tomorrow? Or (I hope) next week perhaps?

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I guess we didn't draft Tuesday. Are we drafting tomorrow? Or (I hope) next week perhaps?
Apparently we need an even number of teams to draft on Yahoo, and we only appear to have 9 at the moment (last I checked). We might have to settle for 10 teams, if not 12 or 14.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If we're only doing 10 teams, I think I should make the roster bigger again. I'm going to keep trolling the thread and hopefully we can get some people in here

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hell if the draft is still a week or so out sign me up.

Never played IDP before, but now I can cheer for specific players to get tackled by other specific players!

PM sent.

Also I'm down for ESPN or Yahoo! Please no nfl or CBS

Edit: Wow you weren't kidding about those rankings. #3 Projected player is Andrew Sendejo the 3rd / 4th safety in MN.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 3, 2015

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
If we are redoing starters I'll be happy to do some math to where becomes interesting and we don't just shove Flex spots full of LBs.

Happy to run through as many scenarios as needed because the spreadsheet is set up to calculate ideal starters based on the inputs already. I'd share, but I don't know a way to calculate this without sharing the rest of the math for my draft strategy.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Hey dudes, sorry I haven't done a good job checking up on this! If there's room for me to join and you need another player I'm down to do it again. But if I'm too late that's alright too.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

timp posted:

Hey dudes, sorry I haven't done a good job checking up on this! If there's room for me to join and you need another player I'm down to do it again. But if I'm too late that's alright too.
There's probably room for you if we can also get a 12th person as well.

As for how to rank players on Yahoo, if you want an extremely rough ranking system, just sort the player list by points they scored last season (especially if you can do this in the draft room itself) if you're lazy. Otherwise, just simply search Google for IDP rankings if you want something more accurate.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

timp posted:

You should still have an invite from me at whatever email you used for your yahoo account last year. If you don't, send me your email and I'll send another.

I'll make sure we have at least one more for an even 12, but I'm still going to try to find 3 to make 14.

I'm going to say we can draft Tuesday night 10p ET if that works for everyone? I'll enter it into yahoo later when I get home from work

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I already have a dynasty draft on tuesday night, starting at 7pm EST. I hope we'll be done by 10, but we have a total of 25 roster slots and it's an auction draft, so it's going to take a while.

I'll just double-up if I have to.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm okay with Wednesday night at the same time if everyone else is okay, I just thought the night before the season started wouldn't really work for anyone. I'm open to either and I'd rather do whichever one works for everyone considering how Yahoo does pre-ranks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm supposed to play D&D on wednesday nights, so I'd greatly prefer tuesday. Or, for that matter, monday, even though it's a holiday.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Alright, so I'm going to go forward with :siren:DRAFT ON TUESDAY 9/8 @ 10 PM ET:siren:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Haha nobody else had time to comment, my schedule is the only one that matters. :downs:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Any of those options should work for me, my only conflict is I have a 10ET monday draft scheduled.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Haha nobody else had time to comment, my schedule is the only one that matters. :downs:

IF YOU'RE NOT ON THE FORUMS RIGHT THIS SECOND I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU :shopkeeper:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I was in the general thread. :(

Guess I'll just have to make a helluva pot of coffee Weds morning.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I only say 10p to accommodate any west coast drafters coming home from work. We could move it up to 9 or 8 if everyone is MT or east.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

West coast player here. 7pm/10EST works for me. The date is fine as well, I have to catch a flight in the morning so I can't think of anything better than drinking a lot of beer and doing a draft before bed.

I could do 6pm/9 EST as well if everyone is east coast and prefers.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I would rather do 9p ET as long as it's no inconvenience to anyone on the west coast. I'm going to keep it at 10p for now but I can move it up if everyone is okay with that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I already have a dynasty draft on tuesday night, starting at 7pm EST. I hope we'll be done by 10, but we have a total of 25 roster slots and it's an auction draft, so it's going to take a while.

I'll just double-up if I have to.

If we start before ~930PM EST, there's a very good chance I'll be trying to draft two teams simultaneously, and I'd really rather avoid that. Last night's ESPN auction draft took about 1.5 hours to draft 16 rounds. My dynasty league is 25 rounds, so...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is there any reason we can't do this over the weekend/Monday?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Labor Day, I know for sure I'm not going to be around pretty much all weekend and I'm assuming it's the same with many others.

Judging by the responses so far I'm thinking the original time of 9/8 @ 10p will probably be best.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Works for me

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm fine with this.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I hate to say it everyone, but I need to pull out of this league.

I apologize for the late notice, but a close friend invited me to his league as the absolute last resort, and with this it will put me up to 5 leagues, and I don't have the time anymore to split my time between 3 regular leagues, the calvinball league, and an IDP league.

Sorry again. :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If anything, that saves the trouble of having to find a 12th person. At this rate, I'm thinking we'll just cut it at 10 teams and maybe increase the starting roster by a player or two.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
With only 10 teams, right now the DFlex is always an LB, DL is always a DE, and DB is always a S.

Playing with the numbers a bit it gets most interesting for Flex spots by increasing each flex to 2 and LB to 6 slots starting.

Ideal starters under 10 teams would be

LB/DE/DT/CB/S
* current spots: 50/20/10/10/20
* increase just DFlex/DL/DB: 60/26/14/12/28
* increase above: 70/26/14/18/32

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I say we just have it set up like a regular NFL defense. Two DEs, a DT, three LBs, two CBs, two Ss, and a flex. I know that's kinda what we were going for, but that makes it a little more interesting than the more LB heavy lineup we've got right now. Maybe add an extra bench space or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
That could be fine too. The DFlex is always going to be an LB. The main reason for me pushing for heavy LBs is that they position is so deep that without starting a lot of them they will always fill any flex spot you can. This starts to change between ~60 LBs being started, which with 10 teams requires 6 or 7 to be started.

• Locked thread