Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
does yahoo let you fine grain the positions, like OLB? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
My IRL friends and I are trying a bullshit all IDP league ourselves this year, but we did it in ESPN since that's where our main league is. Does ESPN really not do projections for IDP, or are they just slow to update? Yahoo does them right? We've done our draft already, is it worth it/possible for me to try to flop the league into Yahoo? We know next to nothing about IDP so I feel like without some sort of pregame data it's just gonna be set lineup and forget until bye weeks or someone gets hurt.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Yahoo does projections, but doesn't do pre-ranks so auto-drafting is a nightmare

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also Yahoo's projections are ludicrously bad. I have no idea if ESPN's are any better.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Leperflesh posted:

Also Yahoo's projections are ludicrously bad. I have no idea if ESPN's are any better.

So how did you guys go about making your decisions to add/drop people or figure out who was hot during the season last year?

Also, sorry to butt into your thread but we don't have an IDP resource thread this year it seems, and I figured you guys at least would have ideas and opinions about IDP stuff. This league last year is what made me want to do my own this year. If I had time I'd fill in one of your open slots but I don't think it will work out.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
First year doing IDPS in my league with a LB and DL. I ended up with Navorro Bowman and Aaron Donald. Feeling pretty good at the outset.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I got stuck in a bit of roster hell last year when I dealt with a few injuries. My go-to method for waivers was to basically filter by tackles and look at game-by-game scores to determine who the most consistent add would be.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So is the scoring and rosters and stuff on the league page up to date and correct? I know there was talk of changing stuff, esp if we went to 10 team, and want to make sure I'm prepping the right numbers

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I have no opinion on any changes so I will trust all of your judgement. Haven't had as much time to dick around with IDP as I hoped.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Azhais posted:

So is the scoring and rosters and stuff on the league page up to date and correct? I know there was talk of changing stuff, esp if we went to 10 team, and want to make sure I'm prepping the right numbers

This... I assume scoring won't change, but I'm very curious where we're going to end on starters and bench spots

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

awwww poo poo. I've been posting in this thread as if I was in for the league but it looks like my invite acceptance never actually went through on Yahoo. I just tried to sign in for the draft and it looks like I bumped it up to 11 people. I'll see if I can find a 12th real quick but if I blew it and need to drop out then that's fine as well

e: I think I have a RL friend who will do it. Not sure if he's a goon, he may actually have an account that he never uses

Teeter fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 9, 2015

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Teeter posted:

awwww poo poo. I've been posting in this thread as if I was in for the league but it looks like my invite acceptance never actually went through on Yahoo. I just tried to sign in for the draft and it looks like I bumped it up to 11 people. I'll see if I can find a 12th real quick but if I blew it and need to drop out then that's fine as well

given you were our champ last year - i hope we can find a 12th!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Could we do a 12th team autodrafted by the commish? So you basically override glaringly stupid picks but otherwise let it do its thing so hopefully we can get someone to take it over later on

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
All autopicks are horrible on Yahoo IDP. We could do some dumb rule to follow though, like highest projected points for players on the board and a needed position, all starters first, then fill bench with 2LB and 1 of each other spot.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

I'll post in the main thread in like 5 minutes but as per my edit on last post, I think I found a friend in RL who will do it. He's a former roommate who got to live through the glory of my season last year with me so I think he's interested. He said he's free tonight so I'm waiting to get the final confirmation right now

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Teeter posted:

I'll post in the main thread in like 5 minutes but as per my edit on last post, I think I found a friend in RL who will do it. He's a former roommate who got to live through the glory of my season last year with me so I think he's interested. He said he's free tonight so I'm waiting to get the final confirmation right now

Nice! That'd be perfect.

Aredna posted:

All autopicks are horrible on Yahoo IDP. We could do some dumb rule to follow though, like highest projected points for players on the board and a needed position, all starters first, then fill bench with 2LB and 1 of each other spot.

Yeah that's what I meant. It won't give the 12th owner an amazing team but it'll surely be better than my dogshit 11th place roster from last year

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Actually, I wouldn't mind doing that for all autodrafters anyways this year. I would rather at least have all teams workable than to have a one or two that are bye weeks for whoever plays them.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Friend is in so we're good with an even 12. Like I said, he heard all about the league so he knows what he's in for. I'll get his email to Dandy Kaiser in a moment

also, this:

Aredna posted:

Actually, I wouldn't mind doing that for all autodrafters anyways this year. I would rather at least have all teams workable than to have a one or two that are bye weeks for whoever plays them.

Autodrafters got pretty boned last year so it was free wins for the first half of the season until waivers managed to spread things out a bit. This would be a nice way to do it if anyone hasn't set up a pre-draft ranking

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I just got home from work, I'm going to try to get Teeter's friend in a re-set the draft time. Rosters wont have to change if we have 12

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Send him here: https://yho.com/nfl?l=549920&k=7d395fcbdbc7c285&ikey=c407c34f5fb37659, once he's in I can try to get our draft time back

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Send him here: https://yho.com/nfl?l=549920&k=7d395fcbdbc7c285&ikey=c407c34f5fb37659, once he's in I can try to get our draft time back

Link comes up as invalid for him. Can you invite via email?

e: sent PM

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

e: wtf forums?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I can't find where to click to join the draft, is it currently on hold?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Leperflesh posted:

I can't find where to click to join the draft, is it currently on hold?

I think so, trying to wedge in that 12th person

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Apparently, Yahoo won't let me schedule any new draft times for tonight :(

I guess we're going to have to do tomorrow? That's actually pretty tough for me, but I can just spend my lunch hour tomorrow pre-ranking just in case..

Teeter posted:

Link comes up as invalid for him. Can you invite via email?

e: sent PM

I sent him one at the account you PMed me, but if that doesn't work:

https://yho.com/nfl?l=549920&k= 7d395fcbdbc7c285&ikey =c407c34f5fb37659

is the link, remove spaces, might work?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Yup, have the 12th trying to join and then they are gonna try to get the draft started soon after.

e: ugh, so rescheduling for in 2 days then??

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I can draft tomorrow if I have to. Prefer after 6pm Pacific/9pm EST

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

12th man is in. The draft was still set to take place at 7/10PM as of a few minutes ago even after I joined as #11, what happened there? Hopefully we can still move forward right now

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can do tomorrow as well, though I have another draft at 8CST. That one shouldn't take long though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm free any time. I hope I can be unemployed ~forever~

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I may be a bit late if we do tomorrow.....

Are you sure there's no way to schedule it for tonight? Seems crazy that you couldn't just pick a time and have it happen at that time!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teeter posted:

12th man is in. The draft was still set to take place at 7/10PM as of a few minutes ago even after I joined as #11, what happened there? Hopefully we can still move forward right now

Yahoo opens the draft room 30 minutes before the draft starts, if you have an uneven number of teams at that time, it cancels your draft and you have to re-schedule. Yahoo is dumb and won't let me schedule a draft for the current day, so as of right now, the earliest I can make our draft is in 2.5 hours at 12:30.

It looks like it's going to have to be tomorrow. 9 or 10 ET, anyone have a preference?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Either works for me

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Yahoo opens the draft room 30 minutes before the draft starts, if you have an uneven number of teams at that time, it cancels your draft and you have to re-schedule. Yahoo is dumb and won't let me schedule a draft for the current day, so as of right now, the earliest I can make our draft is on 2.5 hours.

It looks like it's going to have to be tomorrow. 9 or 10 ET, anyone have a preference?

Later is better for me, I have an event starting at 7:00 EST with no concrete end time, but I'll do my best to get home at 10. I'll set some rankings tomorrow during lunch, that should help too.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I split the difference and made it 9:30. I might have to miss it so I'm going to pre-rank just in case.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Well, gently caress. Sorry everyone :(

I know I logged in to my Yahoo account when I found this thread but I guess I never confirmed to renew my team. If it's any consolation, I'll be traveling for work tomorrow and probably can't make the draft. I'll have to use this time right now to set up pre rankings.

e: If I was the only PST person then that means you all are much more free to play around with times so unless someone else chimes in then see what works best for you.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
PICK ME PICK ME I WANT IN

Sorry, would have volunteered earlier but I somehow thought the league was full. email is morilikescookies * gmail if it's not too late.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

hahahhah the timing for all these adds is amazing

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
I blame Azhais, he's supposed to read my mind and know that I'd want him to let me know of any neat goon leagues I'd want to join.

Totally his fault. Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Hey, might as well make it 14 if we can find another!

e: And for those doing prerankings: 12 vs. 14 team doesn't make a massive difference - at least as far as how I'm doing my calculations.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 9, 2015

• Locked thread