Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
90-95
95-100
100-105
105-110
110-115
115-120
120-125
125-130
130-135
135-140
View Results

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
they say smart people tend to underestimate their intelligence and dumb people overestimate

I'd put mine at like 130, but since I'm smart it's probably a much higher number

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I do like having children's intelligence graded like an rpg

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I've had professionally administered tests a few times, once in 1st grade, once when i was 19 and got checked by a psychiatrist for brain problems, and once when a family member was studying for her PhD in psychology and she practiced administering the test on me.

it's really high, but the interesting thing is that i am a big time moron in my day to day life. like for real if you focused on the things that i do slip up or do incorrectly or miss, it would be a HUGE list and it would seriously appear that i am retarded.

regardless, apparently when my brain is working properly, it is good at learning and stuff

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i have very superior intelligence, my vast mind grasps difficult concepts easily and towers over those of only superior or average intelligence

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

however i am still a beta to the people who are genius or almost genius

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

also i have a psych degree and i know people put WAY too much emphasis on these numbers, but yeah the tests are pretty reliable and valid in a narrow sense

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

i have very superior intelligence, my vast mind grasps difficult concepts easily and towers over those of only superior or average intelligence

I'm sure the other kids are very impressed.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I'm sure the other kids are very impressed.

kids? hah, im an employed adult. im talking about real life concepts, actual skills. stop projecting

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Strudel Man posted:

No, it doesn't.

the iq formula used to be (mental age / chronological age) * 100. They changed it I guess.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

however i am still a beta to the people who are genius or almost genius

Yes, I'm sure Chad with the broken tooth and backwards ball cap was almost genuis

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
ok the results made me laugh a lot

thanks goons

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im bad at math and logic

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

it's in the 140s, but again i can't emphasize enough how simple and dumb i am just like everyone else. when i was a young child, people used to marvel at it and call me "GENIUS!" and it was really upsetting :(

having a high IQ doesn't mean you are wiser or more reliable or more trustworthy, it doesn't mean you have a perfect memory or whatever, it doesn't mean you are better than anyone in any way at all.

it just means your brain can adapt and learn things in a very effective way, but it's not always a good thing

there are plenty of people with high IQ's who are bad, who look like failures, who have simple pleb jobs, who are total stupid idiots like me

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

why dont you apply yourself more

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Ocean Book posted:

the iq formula used to be (mental age / chronological age) * 100. They changed it I guess.
About a hundred years ago, yes.

The mental age/chronological age can only reasonably apply to children, which makes sense, because it was a feature of the original Stanford-Binet intelligence scale, which was given to children to check for those who were mentally deficient.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 8, 2015

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

It all blends together for me. By several years I mean like 7 or 8 years.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

fyi i'm emotionally sensitive about this, it's tough to talk about, because i faced really nasty abusive bullying by people who thought i was privileged but it wasn't my fault :smith:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Strudel Man posted:

Like a hundred years ago, yes.

it really hasn't changed that much

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Strudel Man posted:

Like a hundred years ago, yes.

I shamefully admit to not being up to date on numerical intelligence descriptor methodology

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Commie NedFlanders posted:

fyi i'm emotionally sensitive about this, it's tough to talk about, because i faced really nasty abusive bullying by people who thought i was privileged but it wasn't my fault :smith:

then seriously dont talk about it in gbs because this is a no-holds-barred arena of comedy misanthropy

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Why is there no "goku" or "I'm gay" choice in the poll? This is bullshit.

Also, there's only one IQ and it is the number "oval office". There's no reason to know what it is unless you want to join MENSA... but really if you want to join a club for cunts then you yourself are also a oval office.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i was told 135-140 or whatever as a child but that hasn't been reflected in my life at all because i am dumb and idiot gay

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

then seriously dont talk about it in gbs because this is a no-holds-barred arena of comedy misanthropy

that's because it doesn't mean poo poo. It was given to children to see how smart they could be. All the best scores came from rich children, who had a parent or someone else to teach them things

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Thank u

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I'm really, really, really really dumb.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Minimalist Program posted:

I'm really, really, really really dumb.

I'm not gonna argue

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

why dont you apply yourself more

i get ahead of myself (a terrible problem for people with higher than average IQ's) and my emotional development isn't special or advanced so i face a lot of difficulties feeling like my brain is pushing me towards things but i'm not emotionally mature enough to handle the load of responsibilities and such

i've been trying to buckle down and focus on the basics, like a PreAP kid who is too excited and eager about getting a new math concept who rushes into it and forgets to follow the little seemingly stupid redundant steps which are really necessary.

i'm currently focusing on building up my grounding and base of firm values and stuff. having a heavy brain is not good when your foundation is weak.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Ocean Book posted:

I shamefully admit to not being up to date on numerical intelligence descriptor methodology
You say this in a manner which suggests that the field is undeserving of attention or respect, which is a strong position to take given your apparent lack of accurate knowledge about it.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i read on the bbc smoking a ton of weed as an adolescent lowers your iq

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Never took an IQ test but the idea of trying to measure a humans intelligence through a pen and paper test seems loving retarded.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

you're right, i've been thunderdomed already, i can handle it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Frog Act posted:

sure as poo poo doesn't help as an adult

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I'm not gonna argue

Thank you, that is kind, seeing as how my extremely dumb brain cannot handle argument and I just respond to logic with anger, frustration and grunting.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Frog Act posted:

i believe weed is not good for the developing adolescent brain.

weed is great and all but adolescents should not be using it.

i've told kids to not use drugs using chinese foot binding as a metaphor for it's harmful effects. wrapping your feet tightly is rather benign and if you are an adult it won't hurt you, but putting that pressure on your developmental process causes deformity.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
It has pretty good test retest reliability because everytime I take it I get 143.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Minimalist Program posted:

Thank you, that is kind, seeing as how my extremely dumb brain cannot handle argument and I just respond to logic with anger, frustration and grunting.

You use a lot of big words for a dumb person

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I Am A Robot posted:

It has pretty good test retest reliability because everytime I take it I get 143.

yes, but reliability is not validity

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

You use a lot of big words for a dumb person

Yes, but I don't know what any of those words mean.

• Locked thread