Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Here To Help
Aug 16, 2008
I wet shave with a safety razor but It's not a hobby. Its a thing I do to get my face hair off my face. Does way better for much less ongoing expense than the mach things.

Single time purchase stuff:
I use a merkur short handle thing. It was 40 bucks I think.
My brush was similar priced, maybe 35?
I got a stand for the brush and razor. Skippable obviously. 15.
A little rice bowl I use for making the lather. 5 dollars.

Ongoing:
Razor blades, I use Astra as well. I think I got 100 for ~10. Going to last me a another year or two.
Soap pucks are ~4 each, last a few months
Alum block. Think this was just under 20? Going to last a good while longer too
For aftershave I use Thayer's Witch hazel. I go through a bottle every ~3 months but I use it on my bald head too.

Shaving is something most guys have to do a lot in their life so it makes sense to having it be an economical and satisfying activity if possible.
I use an electric rotary razor on my bald head tho. Cheap disposables for body hair.

Avocados posted:

can I go without aftershave? like, in general. I've never used it.

It's your body homie. Do what you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread