Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

People have heard of reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

gbs just cant stop talking about reddit

reddit cant stop talking about their hate subforums being shut down

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
pros and cons for both:

PRO:
-gbs is funny and a relaxed good time
-reddit has random interesting things

CON:
-gbs has a lot of uninteresting things
-reddit has a LOT of terrible posters and none of their "memes" are funny

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Happy Bear Suit posted:

gbs just cant stop talking about reddit

thats like baby bombers complaining about gen x/millenials, they're just afraid of their imminent demise and lash out at things more youthful and better than them

also see: goons

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
im gay

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Kuato posted:

Difference is I have 10 years invested here and won't quit until it shuts down. Hth

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

you can only say the n-word a few times here before you get banned.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
SA has a more homogenous mix of 20 to 35 year old white males and feels safer.

I'd love to see an honest poll on age, sex and race for GBS. 90% will belong to the range above for sure

Chorman Plamp
Nov 23, 2004
I Craft War
Fun Shoe

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

-reddit has a lovely upvote downvote system that creates a circle jerk community of people creating what they think will get them the most magic internet points

-unpopular or out there opinions are likely to be downvoted till they are hidden reinforcing the circle jerk

-reddit is filled with obnxious meme spouting kids that need to shut the gently caress up. SA is filled with manchildren spouting retardation slightly less annoyingly.

-Censorship poo poo

-the reddit community consists of the worst people on the internet (Google reddit meetups NSFW)

-NOTHING IS ORIGINAL. IT'S A loving AGGREGATOR SHITHOLE LIKE EBUAMSWORLD OR 9GAG

LOL almost no difference

I agree all the circle jerking here is organic who needs buttons.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

AEMINAL posted:

SA has a more homogenous mix of 20 to 35 year old white males and feels safer.

I'd love to see an honest poll on age, sex and race for GBS. 90% will belong to the range above for sure

Eh...
70%

Some goons wives post here.

And they post well.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Whatever you may say about goons/GBS, plenty of Redditors would get owned so badly they would hang themselves if they tried to post here. That counts for something imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Oh boy another reddit thread. Ban OP

• Locked thread