Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Daydream nation is kind of boring and overrated. Really, Bad Moon Rising was their last good album, but I really like it, Confusion is Sex, and the self-titled EP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VQ46a0Mf_k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

Sonic Youth actually sucked but they did share their spotlight with bands who could do more than pad out sloppy songwriting with unlistenable noise, so their hearts were ultimately in the right place.

I love how basically every one of those other bands has now called out Sonic Youth for completely selling out and they're right.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

i actually met sonic youth before they played in pomona when i was in high school. i thought it'd be a good idea to be a dumb poo poo and run up and be all "hey im a big fan" and only thurston stopped to say hi. kim just gave me this look like "gently caress you poo poo head" and I just sheepishly waved like the limp dick I am. now whenever i listen to sonic youth i picture her face and i hate myself a little more.

so did you bang her?

• Locked thread