Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aegisalpha
Mar 18, 2003

I waffled back and forth on starting DeSean Jackson, thinking with Cousins in at QB and Jackson having that shoulder thing he might not do well. Turns out it's even worse than I expected: his hamstring exploded before he even caught a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samarium
Dec 15, 2005

The beauty of quitting is, now that I've quit, I can have one, 'cause I've quit.
How is Bishop Sanky the player on my team with the most points?

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
You know, I'm glad that I picked up Ronnie Hillman since it looks like he's the much more effective back. C'mon Julio, please roast the Eagle's secondary alive.

And it turns out that J.J. Watt did outscore Andrew Luck and Eddie Lacy.

EDIT: If I stare at James Jones and Philip Rivers long enough, will they forgive me for doubting them? I always have some crazy impulse week 1, I never listen to it and it always costs me.

Hmmmm Julio Jones+Anquan Boldin worth 7 points + a Demarco Murry? Please vulture all the ground TDs Mathews.

TNG fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 14, 2015

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
will someone donate a foot to me for Dez Bryant?

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I don't know if I want to trade the farm for your Matt Forte, of I'd be better served with keeping my WRs. But goddamn did I screw the pooch with Running Backs this season.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
So I think my team still being in this match is less to do with me, and more to do with my opponent's predicted score dropping over a hundred points as Sunday wore on. Also, my bench is outscoring my line-up, so that's great...

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Thank you for starting Tre Mason and Mike Evans Tebow before hoes.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daedra posted:

Thank you for starting Tre Mason and Mike Evans Tebow before hoes.

You're welcome. That's what I get for not checking starters on Sunday and only Saturday.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Although it's not like my bench did much of anything either

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Well, I may have hosed myself in regards to RB but I knocked it out of the park with my Wide Receivers.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Gotta love post week 1 realizations at how your draft went!

My bench is stacked: if anyone wants to trade so they don't start 0-2 or 1-1 please send me trade offers. I'm open to talks!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

week 1 draft revalations: how the gently caress did I get sproles for $1, I had him last year in a different league and wound up benching McCoy for him because he's a ppr monster even if he's not a great back

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I always think "this is the year, this is the year his wheels are going to fall off" and then he always goes apeshit and has several games where he scores 20+. I'm sad I didn't invest in Hyde, since I owned him last year and he did nothing to impress me. What a difference a year can make.

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008
Makes trade to pmchem for a 2 for 1
the one failed him
the one failed me
played the wrong guy

SIGH

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

evilweasel posted:

week 1 draft revalations: how the gently caress did I get sproles for $1, I had him last year in a different league and wound up benching McCoy for him because he's a ppr monster even if he's not a great back

from the league website (an auto-generated nfl.com thing):

quote:

Congrats Chem's Crusaders, you’ve won the Colonel’s Golden Bucket! You picked the top scoring free agent, Tyler Eifert. Clearly you recognize careful preparation and meticulous execution is a recipe for greatness. Ah, the sweet smell of freshly prepared excellence. Here’s to you, friend!

I got the #2 scoring TE as a UDFA over a week after the draft.

I think our draft will be a little different next year in many respects :)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

dabigredboat posted:

Makes trade to pmchem for a 2 for 1
the one failed him
the one failed me
played the wrong guy

SIGH

well getting traderaped by him again just a few minutes ago is probably not gonna help you

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Boat really likes Funchess, and two weeks ago Funchess was higher rated than Woodhead on almost every PPR predraft ranking. Way, way too early in-season to call a winner on any trades.

I hate it when people decry trades after the fact because it discourages risk-taking by others in future trades, and then at the end of the season the early apparent 'winner' of a trade was actually not the 'winner' at all. Also, based on positional scarcity, it's easily possible to create mutually beneficial trades.

I came really close to creating a league that had a 'must trade once a week' gimmick, but I figured even just posting once a week was a high enough bar to start. I like seeing people trade.

OBR
Apr 9, 2009
My team is the wettest of farts. I really hope Megatrons usage this week wasn't a sign of things to come.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Matt Stafford will never seemingly unfuck himself. That chunk head continues to make the same bad decisions week after week, year after year.

Also their OC is dumb and Jim Caldwell is some sort of Moai statue.

TNG fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 16, 2015

TheKman
Jan 3, 2010
I very much made some bad choices on week one and for Flacco to get 0.68 points for me was definitely a reason for me to get pissed off at it lol

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
No pmchem, Eric Decker and Frank Gore are not worth a Julio Jones.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

TNG posted:

No pmchem, Eric Decker and Frank Gore are not worth a Julio Jones.

Your team's running backs are a trainwreck as you've complained a couple times in this thread, so I sent the offer to get a conversation started. Feel free to send me a counter on league site or just enjoy your Alfred Blue experience!

aegisalpha
Mar 18, 2003

Please don't go trading Julio to pmchem for some old man ligaments, or at least hold off until next week.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

pmchem posted:

Your team's running backs are a trainwreck as you've complained a couple times in this thread, so I sent the offer to get a conversation started. Feel free to send me a counter on league site or just enjoy your Alfred Blue experience!

Hehehe, no offense no offense. I thought it was a funny offer. I think I shall shut up about the RBs, since I think Fantasy gives me at least an admiration for the team when I win and a despondence when I lose. I dunno how much utility Frank Gore has anymore, he sure did look 32 what with the cramps and the run blocking the Colt's line was doing. Who knows what they're doing, the Alfred Blue experience is going to give way into me trying to guess what Denver is doing and hoping Ryan Mathews vultures a TD every week, at least until it sends me into loss after loss and I get desperate.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

aegisalpha posted:

Please don't go trading Julio to pmchem for some old man ligaments, or at least hold off until next week.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Somehow I'm leading this league, and I'm scared because I have no idea what I'm doing! Also, because I'm a Jets fan and being in a winning position is new and terrifying for me...

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Hey my terrible team is not the most terrible in the league!

Samarium
Dec 15, 2005

The beauty of quitting is, now that I've quit, I can have one, 'cause I've quit.

TNG posted:

Hehehe, no offense no offense. I thought it was a funny offer. I think I shall shut up about the RBs, since I think Fantasy gives me at least an admiration for the team when I win and a despondence when I lose. I dunno how much utility Frank Gore has anymore, he sure did look 32 what with the cramps and the run blocking the Colt's line was doing. Who knows what they're doing, the Alfred Blue experience is going to give way into me trying to guess what Denver is doing and hoping Ryan Mathews vultures a TD every week, at least until it sends me into loss after loss and I get desperate.

I'd be interested in trading some of my rbs to not have Maclin be my best wr right now, but I'm not emotionally able to trade with the person I'm playing against for fear of instant retribution.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I'm just over here rubbing my hands together waiting for Laveon Bell and Arian Foster to both be back.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I haven't went through and checked to see who has posted this week yet, but the end is nigh!

quote:

CALENDAR WEEK? WHEN DO I HAVE TO POST?
Sunday to Saturday, inclusive, during the calendar weeks which contain a Sunday game that scores fantasy points for this league. That includes our fantasy playoffs, even if you're eliminated.

This is the last day of week 1 of required posting!

wtf242
Jun 4, 2004
wtf?
Man I wish i had at least 1 decent RB. LeGarrette Blount back this week though so maybe?

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Denard Robinson might be okay after the Miami game since a lot of those have horrible run defenses.

Samarium
Dec 15, 2005

wtf242 posted:

Man I wish i had at least 1 decent RB. LeGarrette Blount back this week though so maybe?

Send me a PM if you are interested in a trade.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't Denard Robinson legit good last year? I seem to recall being disappointed I missed the boat on him. Or was w hyped and failed to deliver?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Wasn't Denard Robinson legit good last year? I seem to recall being disappointed I missed the boat on him. Or was w hyped and failed to deliver?

he was a good orange to juice for about 7 weeks in the middle of last season, yeah. He also had the distinction in Yahoo of having dual WR/RB eligibility. I think he got hurt and then faded away.

TheKman
Jan 3, 2010
I felt bad for the Titans and whoever had the Browns for defense probably got some serious points. They were on fire today and just blew through the titans offensive line like it was nothing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I'm so far ahead of vyst that perhaps I should bench ivory to keep him healthy.

aegisalpha
Mar 18, 2003

The 2nd half of the afternoon has been a competition to see who loses the most key players to injury mid-game.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I can pull this win off if Aaron Rodgers dies on the field during his first possession in the 4th quarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

evilweasel posted:

I'm so far ahead of vyst that perhaps I should bench ivory to keep him healthy.

My team sucks. Bucs going to have a better record that's my team this year

• Locked thread