Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Seraph84 posted:

As someone who's been around since the kickstarter, my feeling is a little cynicism and a lot of dark humor are both normal and healthy.

Hey maybe the last two big loving hints I dropped didn't make it clear but since registering yesterday you have 88 posts to your name all in the Star Citizen thread and all of them are poo poo and you should really stop posting right now do not even reply to this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:chanpop:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Cowcaster posted:

Hey maybe the last two big loving hints I dropped didn't make it clear but since registering yesterday you have 88 posts to your name all in the Star Citizen thread and all of them are poo poo and you should really stop posting right now do not even reply to this post

:suspense:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Cowcaster is a loving baller admin, just like Kewpuh is a baller mod

There are some places on SA that its hard to post and have a good time, but in Games its always a good time

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I bought the cheapest thing years ago thinking it would be a cool little present to myself in a year or something.

No, turns out it's bullshit, and if I ever do get to play it, everyone will kill me instantly with their megacocklord69420 ships they paid 10 grand for.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cowcaster posted:

As forum moderator who takes their responsibilities very seriously I refuse to gather any appropriate context or information about this Star Citizen poo poo but my gut feeling is telling me to ban SC Druggie and Seraph84 repeatedly

As someone who has read every post regarding Star Citizen I assure you that your gut feeling is indeed correct.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Cowcaster posted:

*shrug* your forums

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Eonwe makes the best threads :allears:

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This game is never coming out.

x2

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SC_Druggie posted:

*shrug* your forums

you too

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Its hosed up people keep donating to this game that will literally never come out.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this thread has me actually IRL laughing

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Eonwe posted:

this thread has me actually IRL laughing

It has to be entertaining. This IS the game.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Do the ban, nothing worth reading from these guys, and if I can't post no point in hanging around.

And im out.

Make sure to unban me if this game comes out so i can legit poo poo on Eonwe.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is the hotdog module FINALLY operational?

lol at late 2014 / 2015 posters throwing hissy fits like loving toddlers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SC_Druggie posted:

Do the ban, nothing worth reading from these guys, and if I can't post no point in hanging around.

And im out.

Make sure to unban me if this game comes out ao i can legit ahit on Eonwe.

thank you for your two day meltdown

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

SC_Druggie posted:

And im out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoOhnrjdYOc

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Eonwe posted:

thank you for your two day meltdown

Welcome.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

SC_Druggie posted:

And im out.

Might as well expect to :10bux: again because you just :toxx:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SC_Druggie posted:

No

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Megaspel posted:

I bought the cheapest thing years ago thinking it would be a cool little present to myself in a year or something.

No, turns out it's bullshit, and if I ever do get to play it, everyone will kill me instantly with their megacocklord69420 ships they paid 10 grand for.

If you got one of the cheaper ships you are imbued with an aurora of invincibility.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I like the new OP, it's much better than the last one. It's like a minigame to click all the headers.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I'd like to fly a Retaliator bomber, personally named "Boomdaddy" or "Bomb-Slut"

How many Chris Roberts dicks do I have to suck for this to happen?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I have about loving had it with the half-teary-eyed-and-heartfelt, half-megalomanical marketing bullshit Ben Lesnick is having Turbulent slather all over the God Damned RSI website.

Exodus 3:14: God said to Moses, “ I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ’”

John 13:13: "You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am:

John 4:26: Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am:

John 8:23: And He was saying to them,"You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am:

John 8:58: Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am:"

Revelation 1:8: "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, I am:

John 10:7: So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep:

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 10, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Has octopode committed seppuku yet?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Its hosed up people keep donating to this game that will literally never come out.

If they don't KEEP donating then it won't come out. You must donate! Or your previous donations will be wasted.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
This thread is already the best Star Citizen thread we've had.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If any high rollers get tired of spending thousands on spaceships that will never exist, come on over to the Revival thread and buy fancy houses that will never exist. The company making it, Illfonic, is also the company making the FPS module for Star Citizen so you know it's going to be good (at taking money for concept art).

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

He still firmly believes everything will be amazing.

The biggest Gamescom reveal was a scripted demo and a generic urban map.

And head bob.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Have they seriously not fixed this yet :laffo:

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
Why isn't this thread in GBS if Eonwe is the OP? That's my biggest question so far 3 pages in.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

OhDearGodNo posted:

And head bob.

it's not that he thinks SC is going to be the most amazing thing ever, it's that he's a goon (like me) that gets really annoyed be people repeating incorrect poo poo as if it was fact. Because being technically correct is the best kind of correct.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Angela Christine posted:

If any high rollers get tired of spending thousands on spaceships that will never exist, come on over to the Revival thread and buy fancy houses that will never exist. The company making it, Illfonic, is also the company making the FPS module for Star Citizen so you know it's going to be good (at taking money for concept art).

Oh yeah, that's that rape game I saw. It's a perfect fit for a star citizen.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

OhDearGodNo posted:

And head bob.

I am quite pleased that the true believers got hyped up after the gamescom presentation. Because that was a terrible presentation.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Gwaihir posted:

it's not that he thinks SC is going to be the most amazing thing ever, it's that he's a goon (like me) that gets really annoyed be people repeating incorrect poo poo as if it was fact. Because being technically correct is the best kind of correct.

Like the last thread where it was claimed they would bypass physical server limitations by having containers span the servers.

And yet they were not "technically correct" and SC is using VMs that will not be able to do so, and that will show just how limited this fantasy of a PU will be.

Sorry if reality annoys you.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Angela Christine posted:

Wow, there are several features in that game that SC fans would love to have. I'm sure some will demand to have them from Illfonic. Might be a testing ground for selling housing in SC.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

where is the google spreadsheet showing how much goons have "invested" into star citizen? that needs to be in the OP

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has Chris Roberts decided which country he's fleeing to once the SC bubble bursts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

QuantaStarFire posted:

Has Chris Roberts decided which country he's fleeing to once the SC bubble bursts?

Well he'd want to go to a country that doesn't have extradition with the US while not still being a psuedo-communist or theocratic autocracy. So uhh, I dunno!

• Locked thread