Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
Great videos so far, but I wanted to chime in with a little technical advice:

I reinstalled Dead Space the other day (thanks to this thread) and noticed that, yes, aiming is abnormally atrocious. I did some research and apparently it only fucks up when the frame rate is over 60 fps. The only official way to fix this is to turn on V-Sync, but this caps the framerate to 30 fps. If you want 60, I'd recommend a program like MSI Afterburner.

Boy, PC games sure are hard to make!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

1upclock posted:

Great videos so far, but I wanted to chime in with a little technical advice:

I reinstalled Dead Space the other day (thanks to this thread) and noticed that, yes, aiming is abnormally atrocious. I did some research and apparently it only fucks up when the frame rate is over 60 fps. The only official way to fix this is to turn on V-Sync, but this caps the framerate to 30 fps. If you want 60, I'd recommend a program like MSI Afterburner.

Boy, PC games sure are hard to make!

30 FPS: The EA PC Port Story

evilmancer
Apr 21, 2014
Most video game flame throwers I've used aren't really that great, so I'm excited to see the next update.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

evilmancer posted:

Most video game flame throwers I've used aren't really that great, so I'm excited to see the next update.
Yeah, I think the 2009 Wolfenstein game is one of the few cases where it's been remarkably useful :staredog:

O'course, there's also RTCW where it was rad in multiplayer :black101: And Killing Floor. But that's kinda it, from what I've seen?

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
:siren: Oh my Danvers, a new video! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqYQD5xk2jo

Here are our weapon options for the next episode:
  • Plasma Cutter
  • Line Gun
  • Pulse Rifle
  • The Ripper
Fisticuffs
Flamethrower

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

E: Someone correctly pointed out there's a much better time for the rifle.

Changing to Ripper

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 28, 2015

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
You said you wanted fan art of "Jenkins and Danvers loving everything up" but I didn't hear those last two words before starting my mural. :(

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
plasma cutter

stay strong, cut on

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Pulse Rifle needs to be saved for a specific part of the game so bust out that buzzsaw. The Ripper

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

The Ripper

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 28, 2015

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
Back when he was in high school, Isaac helped organize blood donation drive events for his girlfriend Nicole. Part of this is why he is so unfazed with seeing so much hemoglobin during the Ishimura incident, aside from being a selective mute. During one of the drives, several people were donating the special, yellowish liquid that held red blood cells in suspension and Nicole's team of volunteers were short on staff, prompting Isaac to take over one of the positions. His job was to measure how much a donor was giving away and stop the needle from siphoning the liquid any further.

In short, he was the designated Plasma Cutter.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

DialTheDude posted:

Back when he was in high school, Isaac helped organize blood donation drive events for his girlfriend Nicole. Part of this is why he is so unfazed with seeing so much hemoglobin during the Ishimura incident, aside from being a selective mute. During one of the drives, several people were donating the special, yellowish liquid that held red blood cells in suspension and Nicole's team of volunteers were short on staff, prompting Isaac to take over one of the positions. His job was to measure how much a donor was giving away and stop the needle from siphoning the liquid any further.

In short, he was the designated Plasma Cutter.

I was going to vote for the Ripper, but this fellow has changed my mind.

Go Plasma Cutter!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ripper is easily this game's best weapon. The Pulse Rifle is among the worst.

So clearly you must use the Pulse Rifle.

1stGear posted:

Pulse Rifle needs to be saved for a specific part of the game so bust out that buzzsaw. The Ripper

Okay I'm changing my vote to Ripper but 1st gear better be on to something with this.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 28, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mak0rz posted:

Ripper is easily this game's best weapon. The Pulse Rifle is among the worst.

How is it possible to be this right (about the Ripper) and this wrong (about the Rifle) at the same time? :psyduck:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Night10194 posted:

How is it possible to be this right (about the Ripper) and this wrong (about the Rifle) at the same time? :psyduck:

I hated the pulse rifle. I don't know why because it is fairly effective but I hated it.

I did use it a lot in DS2 though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mak0rz posted:

I hated the pulse rifle. I don't know why because it is fairly effective but I hated it.

I did use it a lot in DS2 though.

Probably because it sorta breaks theme (everything else is a converted tool, except here's a badass military rail repeater)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ripper!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mak0rz posted:

Okay I'm changing my vote to Ripper but 1st gear better be on to something with this.

I'm saying that mostly because using the pulse rifle in a certain section makes it abundantly clear how dumb that particular section is plot-wise, not because its uniquely good or interesting for that section.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Ripper

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Don't Fear The Ripper.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
Rip it up, boys!

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

You guys kept saying this reminded you of the Extraterrestrial movie but ET never hurt anyone! :confused:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

1stGear posted:

I'm saying that mostly because using the pulse rifle in a certain section makes it abundantly clear how dumb that particular section is plot-wise, not because its uniquely good or interesting for that section.

Even better!

Ripper

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
These monsters have big guts! I suggest we rip and tear!!

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 28, 2015

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Has it become unanimous, time to let 'er rip.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
My weapons of choice were two that we have yet to see, the Plasma Cutter, and the Line Gun.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The plasma cutter is probably the best weapon in the game. It deals solid damage, has a great cutting slice, is versatile at short and long range and reloads quickly.

What I'm saying is that we must never allow them to use it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

The plasma cutter is probably the best weapon in the game. It deals solid damage, has a great cutting slice, is versatile at short and long range and reloads quickly.

What I'm saying is that we must never allow them to use it.

Clearly we should just start a write in campaign for a totally stomp only run. Failing that I'd like to see the Ripper .

warburg
Jan 9, 2007

The pulse rifle has the greatest, most ridiculous secondary attack. I love it.

drowZebra
Jan 19, 2015

"Room full of zero G, I'mma dive"
You guys made like 20 jokes about Danvers and Jurgens. Who are they?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

drowZebra posted:

Pay attention to the text and audio logs.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

drowZebra posted:

That's what we're trying to figure out.

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
The votes are in, and it looks like we'll be using...

Plasma Cutter: 3
Line Gun: 0
Pulse Rifle: 0
The Ripper: 12

The Ripper to murder innocent necromorphs in the next episode!

SuperGraffiti
Jan 2, 2008

I AM ONLY A MARE.
Can I just say how glad I am that this is back, that it's super funny so far, but also how weird it is that you KNOW KC GREEN PERSONALLY but got some random idiot to do the thread's artwork?

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

SuperGraffiti posted:

Can I just say how glad I am that this is back, that it's super funny so far, but also how weird it is that you KNOW KC GREEN PERSONALLY but got some random idiot to do the thread's artwork?

Hey now, a very talented idiot.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SuperGraffiti posted:

Apparently he stopped doing his comic (which is fine and good) and now travels the globe guest-starring in people's LPs (which is also fine and good).

You could make a mid-90s romantic comedy about the situation.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

This is shaping up to be quite a fantastic game.

the Ripper is a broken and ridiculous gun and I'm glad we're going to be seeing it.

There's always Peng

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
I'm actually kinda glad that the Ripper made it for the next episode, even if I didn't vote for it. I never had much luck with the thing and it never really felt right to use. The other weapons had more "instant results" for me, and maybe that's why I gravitated away from the Ripper given the nature of its use. I'd love to see how it's used properly, because I haven't seen a playthrough that made it look appealing.

Kamoc
Oct 8, 2003

You cannot eat a purse.
:siren: What's that sound? OH poo poo IT'S AN UPDATE :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXNuKBq0RXU

Weapons anyone?
  • Plasma Cutter
  • Line Gun
  • Pulse Rifle
  • Contact Beam
  • Force Gun
Fisticuffs
Flamethrower
The Ripper

Also, shoutout to DumbRodent's Dead Space LP! He was nice enough to plug this thread during his downtime so I thought I'd return the favor. He's doing a way more moody and serious playthrough than us, so if you want an LP that retains the spooky atmosphere of DS1 and goes way more into the lore, go check out his thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I still love the Ham[mond] on Fire a lot.

I'm voting for Force Friday Gun!

• Locked thread