Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
I find this lack of election-themed cards to be... disturbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
The upcoming Battle for Zendikar brings back the popular Ally mechanic, and if you can't make political jokes based on that I may have to collect your SJW badges here and now :effort:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
:canada:

]

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

I hated looking at his ugly face while making this.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 3, 2015

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Deep Hurting posted:

I hated looking at his ugly face while making this.

I hated looking at it while reading it, but good card.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Need more lands and commons imo

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Miltank posted:

We've got immigrants and anchor babies for commons, what more do you need? Surely they can make up the bulk of any deck. We just need a few more varieties of immigrants to get around the card limit.

Immigrant
Illegal Immigrant
Undocumented Worker
Non-immigrant worker (very expensive, best played directly from your deck with an H1B Visa)

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 3, 2015

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Miltank posted:

No way this ability is common, but I've made a lot of commons lately anyhow.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
Variations on a theme or two...

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 4, 2015

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
A shocking reversal on a key election issue from this poster:

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 4, 2015

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Hodgepodge posted:

A shocking reversal on a key election issue from this poster:

Missing a few zeroes there, buddy.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

skaboomizzy posted:

Missing a few zeroes there, buddy.

Phyrexians have astonishingly low labor costs, despite putting out a top-notch product.

This one was, however, blessed by the hand of Jin-Gitaxias!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Deep Hurting posted:

Variations on a theme or two...

These are extremely well done.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Not sure if this one qualifies as election-themed, but I thought it was actually a pretty cool concept for a card in general:

I was gonna make it green but blue is the one that usually screws with control of resources, as I recall.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 6, 2015

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

There needs to be a Trump-based card where the normally prohibitive summoning cost can be paid by tapping this land regardless of which player controls it.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Neeksy posted:

There needs to be a Trump-based card where the normally prohibitive summoning cost can be paid by tapping this land regardless of which player controls it.

I was going to put a line about tapping it for any amount of mana that can only be used to cast walls, but it was really hard to squeeze enough text in.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Hodgepodge posted:

I was going to put a line about tapping it for any amount of mana that can only be used to cast walls, but it was really hard to squeeze enough text in.

That's why it's easier to put that in the specific wall card than in the land itself. It helps balance out the land since the instance of when that effect could be implemented is more rare.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Neeksy posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

e: better text.
e2: 3rd time's the charm.

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 8, 2015

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

e: better text.
e2: 3rd time's the charm.

Tribal creature - Trump Fever Dream

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Change that Civil Asset Forfeiture to an enchantment and have the ability cost (1), I say! No one would bother paying that much for a one-time asset forfeiture :v:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I haven't kept up with Magic in years, but I was under the impression that powerful effects with overblown mana costs were a staple of mediocre blue cards.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Good, but needs to send him back to his magical puzzle box when he says his name backwards.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

guaranteed turn-3 victory for only 9 shots of liquor? sure i can only play it once a night but sign me up

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Necc0 posted:

guaranteed turn-3 victory for only 9 shots of liquor? sure i can only play it once a night but sign me up

I dunno, if you're playing against nerds you may be able to get mileage out of that third rule without getting hammered

Edit: wouldn't you only need five flying monkeys to win?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

I'm not sure why anyone would ever play this. I guess as part of a control strategy where creatures with power greater than 1 are autmatically destroyed or something?

Remember cumulative upkeep? Do they still use that mechanic or what? I stopped paying attention to Magic after the first time they radically changed the style guide for the cards and made them uglier/less visually interesting. Incidentally, I wish this cardsmith thing had an option for "classic" card design styles.

Finding an image for this one reminded me of just how flipping lazy Bill Day is.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

Edit: minor mechanical changes (I didn't know enchantments couldn't have tap effects) and reduced cost

Occultatio fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 11, 2015

• Locked thread