Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

WWE FOR 8/10

HOGAN LIED, PIPER DIED

Stephen Amell is gonna be on Raw.

-Seth Rollins is out and he's talkin' 'bout stuff. It's Monday Night Rollins. He made fun of his nose. Seth Rollins is a weak and terrible champion. Seth Rollins is still talking. John Cena is via satellite. Have you ever seen those fake interviews on Conan? It's that and it's terrible. Cesaro walks out with a microphone. Kevin Owens comes out with a microphone.They're a bunch of rude dudes in feuds. Randy Orton joked about Owens's weight. Randy Orton is wearing elbow pads larger than normal. Seth Rollins wants everybody out of the ring, and then Triple H comes out. He books Orton vs Owens vs Cesaro. The winner of the match goes into the main event vs Seth Rollins. Pray for John Cena.

-Daniel Bryan will be on MizTV

-Team BAD (Best At Dominating) is walking backstage, presumable to the tv where they will be filmed watching the diva match.

-The Three Bella Twins come out to the ring to face Team BAD (Best At Dominating). The Submission Sorotity is on commentary so they don't have to cut to them watching tv in the back three times during the match. Where can I get the rear end Licker shirt? Everything is bad. Alicia Fox is working two weeks after getting a concussion. That rollup was dogshit. Thank you, Stephanie. Team PCB (Paige Charlotte Becky) runs in to attack Team BAD (Best At Dominating). Thank you Stephanie.

-New Day is out, but Los Matadores are already in the ring. PTP are watching the match backstage taking notes. The New Day won.

-Seth Rollins is talking to Triple H. Seth isn't happy about an opponent.

-Randy Orton vs Cesaro vs Kevin Owens. Randy Orton is very good. Kevin Owens is also very good. Cesaro did the swing and then a sharpshooter. Randy did the draping DDT to Cesaro and Owens. Owens screamed and then Cesaro did a dive. Orton gave Owens and Cesaro an RKO and won. This was pretty good, so you should go out of your way to watch it.

-Dean Ambrose is talking to the audience. He didn't have a lot of friends growing up. He's a troublemaker. Roman Reigns is also there. Roman "Cool Dude" Reigns is Dean's first real friend.

-Undertaker video package. Remember when he mattered? He lost clean in a bad match. They're going to face each other at Summerslam.

-Dean Ambrose vs Luke Harper. Dean Ambrose lost.

-MizTV time. He calls out Daniel Bryan. Against all odds, he is able to lift his arms above his head to leech heat off of the Big Show. Miz said that Bryan still isn't cleared to enter the ring. BIG SHOW TIME HELL YEEEAAAAH!!! and also the ryback. The point of this segment is Tough Enough, Bryan's book, and The Ryback.

-Rusev and Summer Rae walk out to the ring. Lana is on commentary. Mark Henry, representing America, walks out with a flag to face Rusev. Summer Rae and Lana are fighting in the ring and the ref rang the bell. I'm glad this is happening. Summer took off her shirt and put Lana in the accolade. Rusev celebrated as hard as a human can celebrate, and then a Bulgarian flag with Rusev's face came down. If you think this would be better if Dolph Ziggler was involved, then you're an idiot moron.

-King Barrett vs Neville. Neville beat the guy who kept losing to Ra guy with a Plunger Scepter and Burger King crown. Stardust attacked Neville and looked at Arrow guy, Arrow guy rushed the ring and was held back by security.

-Triple H scolded Stephen Amell. Triple H is protecting the biz from marks like Stephen Amell. Wade Barrett and Stardust vs Stephen Amell and Neville.

-If you don't have the network, you're a moron and I hate you. It's only $9.99.

-Seamus, who won Money in the Bank, is being interviewed. He won Money in the Bank.

-Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins. At least this Main Event Title Match isn't Opening the Show this week. Randy Orton wins by DQ when Sheamus broke up a pin. Sheamus cashes in and demands a match., but the ref was stalling or something. Sheamus gets an RKO for his trouble.

If you want something added to the OP that everybody loves talking about, like KANE, Hogan lying under oath, ppv buyrates, WWE distancing themselves from Hogan because of the racism while still treating the segment where X-Pac was in blackface as one of the great moments, WWE's search for a superstar Diva that isn't Lana, Scott Steiner's new tattoo, or Kevin Nash, just let me know and I'll add it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Raw felt like a real slog this week.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

While it wasn't a bad show, I only started watching from the New Day on and they were almost the best thing about the show.... until:

:allears:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

not as good as last week but i liked raw this week. Stephen Amell built his match better than The Undertaker

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Where's KANE

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i missed the first half of raw and outside of Rusev + Good, Better Neo-Lana and Amell I feel I missed the good parts

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Coming to Up Up Down Down: Tong Po plays Tropica 4. El Presidente Rusev rides again.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

oatgan posted:

not as good as last week but i liked raw this week. Stephen Amell built his match better than The Undertaker
DC Comics > Chaos! Comics

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

not as good as last week but i liked raw this week

:agreed:

Other than Rollins continuing to look like a chump and the Cena/Rollins match being literally the most obvious outcome in WWE history (Taker/Brock was more of a question mark even before people started buzzing about the possibility) I liked that Raw a lot and Summerslam is shaping up to be a loving awesome card.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I miss him so much.

I also miss Rowan.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Dave Batista is playing Tong Po in a Kickboxer remake.

Thanks!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I was on the other side of the room when a Tough Enough commercial aired. I misheard the commercial as "TOMORROW, JOHN CENA GUEST HOSTS TAPENADE!".

Now I want to see John Cena host a show about Tapenade.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dario the Wop posted:

DC Comics > Chaos! Comics

Them fighting words.

RIP Evil Ernie

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

fart blood posted:

Them fighting words.

RIP Evil Ernie
Like Ernie himself, they have risen from the dead. Dynamite puts out Chaos now as a creator-owned imprint.

Amell's ring gear will be a highlight of SummerSlam.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dario the Wop posted:

Like Ernie himself, they have risen from the dead. Dynamite puts out Chaos now as a creator-owned imprint.

Amell's ring gear will be a highlight of SummerSlam.

It's just not Evil Ernie without Steven Hughes on art. :(

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:agreed:

Other than Rollins continuing to look like a chump

Seriously, he almost got beat by Neville and then was visibly beaten by Orton, in his second match of the night, but JUST WATCH, HE'LL GET CENA YET

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I've reversed from last week. Not because rollins looked like a chump, but because it's title for title. I don't see Cena losing a double-title match.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

please put this in the OP

edit:

Bryan was sitting right behind Amett all night.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 11, 2015

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Onmi posted:

I've reversed from last week. Not because rollins looked like a chump, but because it's title for title. I don't see Cena losing a double-title match.

See: 2013, TLC

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
hi here is a cool new thread for all http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735592

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

See: 2013, TLC

Well that's because plans changed, they intended to have them trade titles, but everyone saw them trading titles, so they unified them.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Rollins looks like a chump and we get the heatless boring duo of Orton and Sheamus to do it. Oh boy.

They're just so much better and more interesting than Cesaro and Kevin Owens for example. I'm finally starting to see that now

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Y'all should really see Vince Staples in concert, hot drat

Now I wonder what happened on R

quote:

-Dean Ambrose vs Luke Harper. Dean Ambrose lost.

nevermind burn it all down

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

Y'all should really see Vince Staples in concert, hot drat

Now I wonder what happened on R

nevermind burn it all down

Dude I am Ambrose fan #1 and there was literally nothing wrong with the match. Roman and Dean are going over at Summerslam anyway

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dude I am Ambrose fan #1 and there was literally nothing wrong with the match. Roman and Dean are going over at Summerslam anyway

Dean is going to get "knocked out" and then Roman will lose 2 v 1 to set up a Survivor Series match. Roman will get his heat back by fighting off Bray and Harper 2 v 1 while Dean just mysteriously vanishes and is never mentioned.

I'd almost put money on this result

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

at some point Dean Ambrose is just gonna be Honma but with rebound clotheslines instead of headbutts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Dean is going to get "knocked out" and then Roman will lose 2 v 1 to set up a Survivor Series match. Roman will get his heat back by fighting off Bray and Harper 2 v 1 while Dean just mysteriously vanishes and is never mentioned.

I'd almost put money on this result

They'll win and Cesaro will win

The big matches at Summerslam won't go your way, so just accept the pity undercard stuff as consolation

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

They'll win and Cesaro will win

The big matches at Summerslam won't go your way, so just accept the pity undercard stuff as consolation

Seriously the WrestleBros are going over clean as a sheet. I'd bet on Roman getting the pin but Dean will figure into the finish and stand tall with Roman after.

Please put money on your scenario though, do it

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

abraham linksys posted:

at some point Dean Ambrose is just gonna be Honma but with rebound clotheslines instead of headbutts

Oh God, that rebound clothesline on the outside off the ring apron was the absolute worst looking thing.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

DeepDickPizza posted:

Oh God, that rebound clothesline on the outside off the ring apron was the absolute worst looking thing.

ahahha I haven't seen it but I am imagining it and I cannot see a way that it is not the dumbest loving spot imaginable

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

ahahha I haven't seen it but I am imagining it and I cannot see a way that it is not the dumbest loving spot imaginable

Wasn't it just the same clothesline he's done for months where he spins on the apron using the ropes?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Raw was fun. Was pleasantly surprised by Green Arrow dude not getting chumped in the ring. The Syncro-Vox was just dumb enough to be funny, although that segment dragged a bit. Triple Threat was great. Please never let Becky Lynch do commentary again. Please give Team BAD some better lines.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I did not watch raw at all. Is there anything worth watching on it or will the recap suffice?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

People think Becky is about steampunk and havin a good time, but she's actually a terrible talker

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The 3v3v3 elimination tag ladies match should be good, maybe.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

AlmightyPants posted:

I did not watch raw at all. Is there anything worth watching on it or will the recap suffice?

Raw was an overall good show. Good opening segment, a few good matches and an excellent triple threat match between Cesaro/Owens/Orton. Nothing really felt wasted, just about everything was building Summerslam up, except for the Rusev segment, which was great because the flag is back.

Summerslam looks like its going to have one of the best cards in a while. Divaa Trios match, 4 way for the tag belts, IC match, US/WHC match, Owens/Cesaro continues to build, and Orton/Sheamus is building steam. Oh and Lesnar/UT is still gonna be boffo

gently caress, even the telegraphed celebrity fights Stardust angle was pretty good.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

His Bulgaria tattoo needs a mini Rusev on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008