Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Fig_LoBy4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
That actually makes sense. The NOI couldnt accept a white person who identifies as black (like myself) into their community so they shot the guy who thought ppl like me could join, right?

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015

lol written and directed by Spike Lee

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

gbaby posted:

lol written and directed by Spike Lee

yeah but its that spoke janes dude from dirty sanchez not the black guy who ripped off others before tyler perry was a stain at dennys

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you think he wasn't COINTELPRO'd

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

lol if you think he wasn't COINTELPRO'd

he was CentaurHauled

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Heh, someone should start a parody thread called "Explain Malcom in the Middle to me"

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Nooner posted:

Heh, someone should start a parody thread called "Explain Malcom in the Middle to me"

pointless selfies, pre-selfie.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
in a plot to spare the family the expense of an ivy league college, Hal pretended to have his wallet stolen during malcolm's valedictorian speech. during the commotion, reese and dewey opened fire with semi-automatic rifles, killing malcolm

as malcolm bled out on stage, a witness heard his final words.

"life is unfair...."

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

in a plot to spare the family the expense of an ivy league college, Hal pretended to have his wallet stolen during malcolm's valedictorian speech. during the commotion, reese and dewey opened fire with semi-automatic rifles, killing malcolm

as malcolm bled out on stage, a witness heard his final words.

"life is unfair...."

..brushing the bangs from his eye, he takes his last selfie.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

gbaby posted:

no black or white people consider muhhamed ali a traitor hes an american hero. Which fantastic four dude can he be compared to? captain america idk I dont watch comics

Muhhamed Ali felt Malcolm X was a traitor. Both were good friends in the NoI but Ali felt that Malcolm caused him a great pain when he left.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
elijah muhammed had malcolm x killed because malcolm x revealed that muhammed was sleeping with multiple female NoI members, sometimes even using group funds to send them away when they were pregnant. all the rhetoric elijah muhammed used against malcolm x as being a "traitor" was covering for this. muhammed ali basically bought into that for a few years but later regretted it

Also a thing to keep in mind about the autobiography co-written by Alex Haley is that Alex Haley (who also wrote Roots) was a black conservative and kept some leftist stuff out of the autobiography while overemphasizing/fabricating some other things to make the narrative of the 'religious journey' seem more striking

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

Rodatose posted:

elijah muhammed had malcolm x killed because malcolm x revealed that muhammed was sleeping with multiple female NoI members, sometimes even using group funds to send them away when they were pregnant. all the rhetoric elijah muhammed used against malcolm x as being a "traitor" was covering for this. muhammed ali basically bought into that for a few years but later regretted it

Also a thing to keep in mind about the autobiography co-written by Alex Haley is that Alex Haley (who also wrote Roots) was a black conservative and kept some leftist stuff out of the autobiography while overemphasizing/fabricating some other things to make the narrative of the 'religious journey' seem more striking

I was under the impression that the whole pseudo concubines deal was more or less known by the inner circle. The rationale being "Solomon did it, so why not us?" Although IIRC I think some of the women included wives of other NoI members.

• Locked thread