Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Put me in as an airborne squad, or some kind of halftrack. Danger Pumpkin squad is not for the weak or fearful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Dang, I turn around and we've got our own named team, and that team gets hit with a mortar shell. Mortars!

I used to watch my Dad play this game (well, ABTF and the other Close Combat games,) and offer him the best advice my seven/eight year old mind could come up with. For some reason, he never saw the wisdom in my plan of "take the biggest tank you can, and run those guys over!" But he was always willing to bring along at least one flamethrower, because I thought they were awesome.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Gentle for us. For the Germans? Not so much.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Egads! I've been squashed!

If you can forgive me for this terrible, trauma-induced reaction to the news, I would love a chance to avenge my fallen team. Probably bring a machine gun this time.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 19, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Well, when you get back, re-dwarf me as a replacement for that sniper what done bit the dust, with the name The Man from P.U.M.P.K.I.N.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Since we're getting closer to the Polish reinforcement, how about we name a mortar "From Warsaw, With Love."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

INinja132 posted:

New update now available!

We absolutely smash through the noon turn, wrecking German (and Dutch) formations left and right.

(Audio's a bit screwed up in this video, not sure why but hopefully it's not too distracting)

Well, he's no Zaitsev, but T.M.f.P.U.M.P.K.I.N. isn't the least useful sniper out there.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Mini D-Day could have gone much worse. But I actually think the weird charge the Germans pulled at the end could have made sense, if they weren't aware of the MG, or just how many troops you had there. Which probably, it could be said they didn't, because the MG did gently caress all, and the mortar basically just announced it's presence there, where it was now likely isolated and vulnerable. From the German perspective, you sent your army up the gully, and lost a ton of them in process. Wiping out their support and cutting off the remnant was a pretty good idea.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Will you be re-adding the MIA's at some point? Seems weird that an entire tank would just vanish like that.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

The Merry Marauder posted:

Is it? I mean, if it was damaged too much to be useful on the line...not much point in keeping track of a tank in a repair depot.

I guess that makes sense. I suppose if it was a bad enough hit to wound or kill crew, it was probably bad enough to wound the tank itself. It's been so long since I've played one of these, I forgot that tanks can be more than immobilized, stuck, or dead.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Do you suppose there's a reason why MGs and Mortars are seemingly never set up at the start? It's kinda nuts.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Glowing Red Sign posted:

I love how the terrain damage to West Arnhem persists and accumulates between fights. So many craters.

St. Elizabeth's has seen better days, for sure. Although, I do wonder happens to all the dead Germans between skirmishes.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

What you say makes a lot of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Come on 30 Corps! Berlin is on the horizon!

• Locked thread