Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Phyzzle posted:

They also offered Pascal at my school, and that was pretty impressive for it's size. Especially since it could have been BASIC at the time.

Pascal was a decent learning language. Yeah, nobody actually programmed in it, but it was decent gateway to an actual programming language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
My high school coding teacher was completely insane, and had gotten her training back in the 70s coding in Fortran. I always wondered if those two facts were related. Ultimately I decided it was probable, since Fortan is one of those old, utterly incomprehensible evils like what Lovecraft enjoyed writing about.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I faked a signature on a failed history test in the 7th grade. The teacher figured it out and gave me a long lecture after class about how my parents would be furious with me. I was a sadbrains goony preteen and ended up finding a tall building and jumping off it. Went down headfirst but did a flip about halfway down and landed on my feet. It took about a year before I walked again and one of my feet is permanently hosed. Still lucky to be alive, but that was pretty poor decision-making on my part. The worst part for him was that it was basically a bog-standard 'hey, you did a bad thing' lecture.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

thrakkorzog posted:

Pascal was a decent learning language. Yeah, nobody actually programmed in it, but it was decent gateway to an actual programming language.

Yeah we did pascal too. It was a good learning language. We then moved to visual basic so we just copied and pasted a tonne of code that we found on the net and could do anything on our locked down win2k accounts that an admin account could do.

GPW, that sucks. Sorry things were that bad for you :(

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

M.C. McMic posted:

The other pastime of middle school children was having your buddy get on his hands and knees behind someone while you shoved that someone backwards over your buddy. I swear, between that and pantsing, my head was on a constant loving swivel.

lol someone tried to do this to me at summer camp. They did it as the sun was setting to my back so I saw his gigantic shadow prepping so when I was shoved I just sat down on his back. :newlol:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfqO7zmd0oA

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

One of the math teachers at my middle school was this giant, 300+lb guy with diabetes. He was always panting and gasping for air from just getting up and moving around the classroom. Anyways, somehow a rumor got started that he stripped down completely naked when taking a dump. Most of us assumed it was just a joke that was started for the funny visuals....until one day my best friend found out for himself.

Apparently my buddy Mick was ditching class and smoking in the handicap stall in the student's bathroom. The handicap stall was around a small corner at the end of the bathroom. Mr. Math came in, and Mick immediately put out his cigarette and pulled his feet up. He sat there and listened to Mr. Math's footsteps get closer and closer until he could finally see his shadow right outside of the stall. The only stall Mr. Math could fit into -- the handicap stall. He listened to Mr. Math undress and then a t-shirt swung over the top of the door, then a pair of pants, then a pair of briefs. Mick said he was literally shaking on top of the toilet in fear and trying everything he could not to make a sound. When Mr. Math was completely naked save for his socks, he tried to open the stall door. Locked. Then he started shaking the door and trying to force his way in while coughing and muttering " oh no, oh no!" under his breath. Mick saw Mr. Math kneel at one point like he was trying to look under the stall, but then he stood up again. Mick said he almost fainted when he saw his knee on the floor, but luckily "the fat bastard couldn't bend down far enough."
Finally, Mr. Math dressed himself again and left "while making farting noises" and my friend snuck out a few minutes later.

I'm still friends with Mick, and he's been through some serious poo poo in his life. He says the time our 300lb naked math teacher tried to break the bathroom stall door in is still the most traumatic experience in his life.

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003
I've mentally blocked out most of 7th grade because it was so horrible.

In 8th grade I remember getting my glasses broken because of the popular kids throwing snowballs at me.I did get some new glasses out of that at least though. I also remember having an Exacto knife pulled on me my Freshman year.

Having middle school aged children is a major reason I never ever want to have kids. The vast majority of people that age are terrible loving human beings.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Baldbeard posted:

One of the math teachers at my middle school was this giant, 300+lb guy with diabetes. He was always panting and gasping for air from just getting up and moving around the classroom. Anyways, somehow a rumor got started that he stripped down completely naked when taking a dump. Most of us assumed it was just a joke that was started for the funny visuals....until one day my best friend found out for himself.

Apparently my buddy Mick was ditching class and smoking in the handicap stall in the student's bathroom. The handicap stall was around a small corner at the end of the bathroom. Mr. Math came in, and Mick immediately put out his cigarette and pulled his feet up. He sat there and listened to Mr. Math's footsteps get closer and closer until he could finally see his shadow right outside of the stall. The only stall Mr. Math could fit into -- the handicap stall. He listened to Mr. Math undress and then a t-shirt swung over the top of the door, then a pair of pants, then a pair of briefs. Mick said he was literally shaking on top of the toilet in fear and trying everything he could not to make a sound. When Mr. Math was completely naked save for his socks, he tried to open the stall door. Locked. Then he started shaking the door and trying to force his way in while coughing and muttering " oh no, oh no!" under his breath. Mick saw Mr. Math kneel at one point like he was trying to look under the stall, but then he stood up again. Mick said he almost fainted when he saw his knee on the floor, but luckily "the fat bastard couldn't bend down far enough."
Finally, Mr. Math dressed himself again and left "while making farting noises" and my friend snuck out a few minutes later.

I'm still friends with Mick, and he's been through some serious poo poo in his life. He says the time our 300lb naked math teacher tried to break the bathroom stall door in is still the most traumatic experience in his life.
Why the gently caress would he strip down before getting into the stall?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

sinking belle posted:

A lot less room for an obese guy inside a stall.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

sinking belle posted:

Because he sweats a lot when straining? :gonk:

BananaFusion posted:

The vast majority of people that age are terrible loving human beings.

I've had one of my teachers burn out from bullying and general awful behaviour by a bunch of 12-13 year olds. The puberty ages bring out the worst in people. Being a horrible little poo poo gets them the respect from their peers.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Honestly, if being middle-school-aged were a disease instead of something that everyone goes through, it would be one of those things where you say "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy."

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I was pretty much a huge rear end in a top hat in Junior High (grades 7 and 8)... Got bullied, so I decided to be a bully. Got in fights, kicked off my bus, drank, smoked weed, skipped class...

...and now, I am a middle school teacher.

Karma.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I faked a signature on a failed history test in the 7th grade. The teacher figured it out and gave me a long lecture after class about how my parents would be furious with me. I was a sadbrains goony preteen and ended up finding a tall building and jumping off it. Went down headfirst but did a flip about halfway down and landed on my feet. It took about a year before I walked again and one of my feet is permanently hosed. Still lucky to be alive, but that was pretty poor decision-making on my part. The worst part for him was that it was basically a bog-standard 'hey, you did a bad thing' lecture.

If it makes you feel any better about horribly overreacting, back when I was in fifth grade one of my classmates went missing during recess. Nobody really noticed he was missing until the teacher did a roll call after recess, and nobody really remembered seeing him during recess. So the cops got called in, there was a big deal made about a missing kid.

The cops found him about twenty minutes later, climbing the local water tower, and threatening to jump.

It turned out that during the line up to go out to recess, he accidentally knocked over and broke a cheap vase with a flower in it on the teacher's desk. He was so freaked out by the possible punishment over breaking a $10 vase that he sneaked out during recess and made a run for it. After the cops talked down a suicidal ten year old from the water tower, social services started investigating, and he was moved into a foster home.

There ought to be an extra circle in hell for parents that screw their kids up that bad.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 31, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

spinst posted:

I was pretty much a huge rear end in a top hat in Junior High (grades 7 and 8)... Got bullied, so I decided to be a bully. Got in fights, kicked off my bus, drank, smoked weed, skipped class...

...and now, I am a middle school teacher.

Karma.

An acquaintance of mine was kicked out of school in grade 11, then became a teacher in his 30s. As he was recounting the story, I remember him saying, "that's just the way life goes sometimes." I still get a chuckle out of it. He said it so matter-of-factly.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I guess I'm the only one who seemed to enjoy middle school.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

AdorableStar posted:

I guess I'm the only one who seemed to enjoy middle school.

I don't know about enjoy, but I didn't think it was that bad. I was a dumbass and said some thoughtless things out of social awkwardness (not malice), and got bullied a bit, but people keep talking about how middle schoolers are little sociopaths and a reason not to have kids, and that's just baffling to me. Really want to know where a lot of posters went to school, at least, like, geographic region.

It's a provable fact that kids, especially at that age, are self centered as gently caress. Presumably that colors our perception of how hard others had it at the time. I almost wish I had a way to look back objectively. Almost.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

thrakkorzog posted:

Turbo Pascal/Borland Delphi was a popular thing back in the day actually.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Baldbeard posted:

I had an obese math teacher as well in 7th grade. She would always eat her lunch during class and without fail completed her meal with a pudding cup. The sounds she made while eating it were horrifying.

She also peed in her chair once. She was a very gross woman.

I just found out a little while ago that there was a fight club formed in my old middle school. Groups of boys would go into the bathroom and just wail on each other between classes. I also heard something about a group of girls providing sexual favors in the bathrooms but that story was much less substantiated. Wouldn't surprise me, though. Sex ed was a joke in my township.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
Middle school wasn't too bad for me, I've always fought back at all times so once people learned I would fight back they went after people who would not, after that it was fine

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I transplanted from a middle school in Indiana that was only mildly unpleasant to one in upstate New York during 8th grade where the only thing anyone cared to learn about me was a rumor they started that I was forced to change schools for raping a girl at my old one. So that was different. Probably the longest period in my life that I went without positive social interaction - my ideal day was one where I would be ignored completely.

I think my experiences in middle school left me as a socially stunted adult. To this day I just don't initiate contact with people I don't know well and sometimes even go out of my way to avoid people I know and like because I'm nervous about talking to them.

letthereberock posted:

The main thing I recall about middle school (also grades 6-8 for me) is not any one or few specific horrible incidents, but rather this general, constant state of low-grade terror - the feeling that at any moment, out of nowhere, someone could just start loving with you and there was nothing you could do about it. It seems that in middle school, if you are small, quiet, or awkward (and I was all 3), you were prone to becoming a target at any point, so you just tried to get through each day hoping that it was someone else and not you.

I survived middle school mostly by learning to be invisible, essentially scrubbing myself clean of any visible signifier or personality trait that could possibly be latched onto as a target of ridicule. For the most part it worked, I was probably picked on less than most kids equally scrawny and socially inept as I was simply because I was so anonymous. Unfortunately, it became a bad habit that I carried with me into high school, college and my adult life, and has possibly cost me friends and professional opportunities throughout my life. So my only advice to anyone going into middle school now is not to let the specter of occasional bullying or ridicule completely shut you down, try to develop a personality and hobbies even if they sometimes make you a target.

Basically this but replace scrawny with fat, which comes with a different set of baggage I suppose. I was almost 6 foot and 200+ pounds in middle school which fortunately deflected most of the physical threat, but at that age no one's actually trying to beat anyone up anyway. Kids know that the real payoff comes from mental and emotional torture. Kids are a lot more sophisticated in their behavior than adults give them credit for.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 2, 2016

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Middle school for others is probably close to junior high for me. I've probably repressed a lot of bad memories but one decent one stands out.

7th grade was the first year of junior high and I wasn't doing too well. Depressed nerdy kid, not many friends, you get the deal. I was always taller than the rest so I didn't get physically picked on, just verbally. Anyway, my English teacher was this real egotistical jerk. My parents didn't like him because he pulled the same kind of "reading shouldn't be fun" crap that another poster mentioned. Mostly because I was reading nothing but Tom Clancy/Dale Brown/etc. technothriller novels and not really reading Anne Frank or whatever we were supposed to be reading. They'd already been called in for a bunch of conferences with him about me and my performance, mostly due to the fact that he didn't really care about me having an IEP or 504, whatever they gave special ed kids in the 90s.

Anyway, he was going on some kind of bragging rant about how he was going to grade an upcoming report or test or something, and all the kids knew he was full of poo poo, but he had comebacks to their comebacks. He was a younger teacher, I think, so maybe he was trying to establish a rapport.

"You'd better make sure you do well, or I'm going to show up for dinner at your house and talk about how you're performing," he said.

I raised my hand and he called on me. "You'd better not come to my house, because my mom hates your guts."

Pin-drop silence, he kicked me out. I went to the special ed people rather than the principal.

I honestly didn't remember this for years but my one friend that I still talk to from HS reminded me of it a few years back when we met up for drinks. I forget what happened thereafter but I was a tearful wreck on my way to the special ed office, worried that I was really going to get screwed over.

Honestly, I wish I could recall some of the poo poo I went through, but other than that and this one douche named David who kept on teasing me and giving me poo poo (I later made the equivalent of a "your mom" thing at him but only about his girlfriend in HS and we had a minor tussle) who once swiped my CDs from my backpack, I don't remember much of my trauma. A lot of it was depression-related, in retrospect, but I'm doing well enough now. Even shook David's hand at the 10-year reunion.

This thread would greatly benefit from taking a few hours to watch Grosse Pointe Blank. Nice high school retrospective/reunion story. Killer soundtrack and Cusack at his post-80s prime.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
poo poo English teachers telling more than one person in here that reading shouldn't be fun, jfc I know the screening/hiring/interviewing process isn't perfect but these people must lie really well to get their jobs.

Discouraging a kid from reading is the literal opposite of what a teacher is supposed to do

Content: I wasn't the most popular but I had friends and didn't have to worry about being bullied super hard or anything - I guess I should appreciate where I went to middle school more.

I had a teacher confide in me that she staunchly believed we were regularly visited by aliens and provide me with reading material on UFO's, she ruled

Kitsunegari fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 7, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
don't really have horror stories, just a couple of stupid teen poo poo like the girl who pretended to be pregnant, the guy who wrote a petition against the math teacher and got the whole class suspended and so on. All in all, extremely boring.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I never saw or experienced any physical bullying or anything like that, because my group of video game and D&D playing friends was made of people who were the same size as the cool/sports kids, so any hostility that might have existed would have to stay non-physical, lest an actual brawl between like 10 people were to break out, which is something nobody really wants. I don't know where the whole stereotype of nerdy kids being scrawny and weak comes from, me and my friends ranged from 5'6" to 6'2" and we coulda held our own in a fight just fine. It's not like being a nerd stops you from going through male puberty.

Anyways, anyone who tells their kid that violence is not the answer when someone abuses you first is a piece of poo poo.

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe
What if I told you we live in a society with laws against violence

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
I would tell you that 13 year olds are vicious little bastards with little regard for the rules. I should know, I used to be one.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Qwazes posted:

What if I told you we live in a society with laws against violence

You know as well as I do that those laws don't apply to kids in school. There has never ever been a case of a child getting in legal trouble for abusing and bullying another child. There is literally no other recourse than to fight back every single time no matter what.

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe

ChairMaster posted:

You know as well as I do that those laws don't apply to kids in school. There has never ever been a case of a child getting in legal trouble for abusing and bullying another child. There is literally no other recourse than to fight back every single time no matter what.

http://www.ktiv.com/story/23856698/...ibley-ocheyedan

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Kitsunegari posted:

poo poo English teachers telling more than one person in here that reading shouldn't be fun, jfc I know the screening/hiring/interviewing process isn't perfect but these people must lie really well to get their jobs.
This is the part where everyone's reminded about that whole business where teachers were concerned kids were voraciously reading the first 2-3 Harry Potter books in the early 00s.

"Yeah they're reading... but why do they have to read THAT" kind of talk.

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study
This was in 1988, not that it matters, but I guess it proves that kids were little shits then as much as they are today. Someone in my grade 4 class discovered a partial box of condoms behind our portable at recess one day. Immediately there was wild speculation about who they belonged to. Someone suggested the male grade 6 teacher and the female 4/5/6 French teacher were loving and those were their condoms. It quickly became a school-wide, rumor, which led to the teachers coming in and having a talk with our class. The French teacher broke down in tears during this and left. The class was actually pretty mortified that it had gotten so out of hand and the rumor was not discussed again.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

There was this loving adult middle schooler, went through puberty hella early or something, he looked like a full grown man! My friends and I always made up stories about how he bullied people but we never really knew him. One day for gym we played dodge ball and without looking at where I was throwing I cranked the ball as hard as I could and hit him square in the face.

He fought in the locker room and he really didn't kick my rear end as bad as he could have so he was an alright guy after all.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

When I was in middle school there was this kid, Dalton--but Dalton went by Daisuke, Daisuke Takashi Smith. He liked anime and manga, I liked school wrestling, but our paths crossed one day and he and I ended up becoming friends. I started to read the manga, I couldn't watch too much anime though, but Daisuke had some sort of mailing list where he would send translators money and they would send him VHS tapes of anime in return, and after he watched them all he would give them to me. Daisuke was very passionate about anime, it consumed him. He would answer questions in class in Japanese, and then say " Whoops, sorry my inner NihonJin came out". A ninja manga, Naruto had just started being produced and he would get fan-translated copies shipped to him, and he started to convince people that he was a ninja, and that he had 'powers'.

Daisuke, got into an argument with some of the jocks on the bus home from detention once, and I happened to be there. He claimed that he had the power to numb his body, and the he would use this in a fight to not feel pain. Obviously middle school kids want to see that, and he called me over from the back of the bus and handed me an extremely sharp pencil. Then he began concentrating, flexing and muttering things in Japanese under his breath; all of a sudden he shouts " STAB ME NOWWWWW" I stabbed him so hard, that when the dust settled and I stared at his arm there was a pencil inside of it, and it was oozing blood. Tears ran down Daisuke's eyes, and he just pulled the pencil out, ignored that more blood was coming out at this point and said " told you guys" and pulled down his sleeve, and pretended he was okay. He ended up passing out on the bus, and we had to tell the bus driver, and the paramedics came and I didn't get home until very late. He ended up saying he did it to himself :coolfish: and transferred schools shortly after.

I ended up running into this guy well into college, he had started his own anime fan-dubbing studio, which he was so eager to show me. On the ride there I learned that he actually got " Takashin Jin Smith" as a tattoo on his upper arm, in old English font, and under it in Japanese. The studio was a shed, with one of those Dell XPS 400 computers in the back, and a couch, and walls covered with anime posters. It was also at the back of his parents home, though he framed that situation in a way where it sounded like his parents were living with him, I didn't believe him.

e: writing this I realized that my middle school had a lot of these zany stories. We had people having sex with sandwich baggies. This one kid got hit with a 2x4 by some rival gang, came to school and proceeded to staple his arm until the teachers would pay attention to him. I used to have "Roleplay Sex" with this girl who was way into anime roleplaying by passing notes to each other, and in the notes we would describe what our 'avatars' were doing to each other.
The boys at are school started this trend where we would pee on each others shoes at the urinal, and the staff had to do an entire assembly about it. There was also this game we played where we would hit each other in the nuts if you did something effeminate, and that lead to a lot of parents trying to sue; this was mostly because kids were taking it too far and one kid would hold your arms behind your head, and the other would just kick you in the dick. I lost my virginity in middle school, but most of my friends did--everyone was having sex, it's pretty disgusting considering that middle school is ages 10-13?

Middle school is weird, I taught high school for a bit, and aside from anime kids being anime, nothing like what I experienced ever happened.

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 9, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Grem posted:

There was this loving adult middle schooler, went through puberty hella early or something, he looked like a full grown man! My friends and I always made up stories about how he bullied people but we never really knew him. One day for gym we played dodge ball and without looking at where I was throwing I cranked the ball as hard as I could and hit him square in the face.

He fought in the locker room and he really didn't kick my rear end as bad as he could have so he was an alright guy after all.

I had a 16-year-old girl in my 8th grade math class. You gotta have problems of SOME kind to get held back like that.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I moved from a decent town in North New Jersey to a hick town in rural Pennsylvania when I was in fourth grade. It was really frustrating because they were really behind in curriculum to the point where we were still doing stuff in sixth grade that I had done in 3rd grade. I was constantly depressed to have to do this poo poo all over again and my grades kept slipping after that. My parents refused to let me do advanced or enrichment programs because I was "being lazy" with normal classes. I kind of hit puberty early and was roughly my current height by 7th grade, so I was constantly in fights and what few friends I had usually sold me out and started teasing/fighting me too to impress other kids. Meanwhile still had teachers calling me lazy and wasting my potential as kids would sucker punch me in class when the teacher turned her back. I also lost interest in band because our teacher there was a genuine loving rear end in a top hat who eventually got fired for acting like a lunatic all the time.

I went to the guidance counselor, and told her I was genuinely suicidal. She got real pissy and said "Well what do you want me to do? Huh? Tell me what you want me to do!" over and over until I left in a huff. She was fired too and was replaced by a woman who was much better but I only got to talk to like twice before she had to switch jobs. Mom didn't take any of her advice vis a vis depression because my mom still saw it is a mental disease people get sent away for. A few of my friends ended up getting sent to Troubled Kids School or whatever, and the school/teachers refused to tell us what had happened when the kid wouldn't show up to school that day.

Silver lining was eventually meeting punk kids. They were nice to pretty much everybody, and hung out with high school kids who would help us when we were taking poo poo. We could hang out anywhere as long as we were back by curfews, and I started playing with bands and feeling much better.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Middle school horror stories, huh? Why not some elementary school horror stories!

I was always an overemotional kid prone to freaking the gently caress out when things didn't go my way, so in a way I guess it was inevitable. A couple of things happened in 2nd grade to throw me off: my family moved to another house in the same neighborhood and my best friend moved away. The former wasn't as big of a change as it could've been, but I was still very uncomfortable with the move and had trouble dealing with change. I was also shifted into the gifted and talented program as well as the speech therapy program to fix my pronunciation issues. Both of these things publicly pulled me out of normal class time once a week. Finally, I had the 7 year old equivalent to nerdy interests: Pokemon (when the fad had just ended) and books. And I had glasses.

My lead bullies were actually the guys, the other girls just laughed and ignored me. I was called all kinds of names, but "retarded" was the favorite and my speech impediment was ruthlessly mocked. People would not sit next to me at lunch or play with me in gym or at recess. When I told the teacher, I was made fun of for being a snitch but if I tried to ignore it they would escalate until I would yell at them.

Then I entered puberty. At 8. By 9, my period cramps were so bad I would have to sit out recess. One of my bullies got a younger kid to punch me in the face on the bus. I didn't ride the bus after that, though thankfully it was the only physical bullying I experienced.

I had group sessions with my bullies as well as one on one sessions with the school counselor. They were all about what I could do to stop people from bullying me while my bullies made empty apologies and went back to doing it the same day. I buried myself in books and escapist fantasies where I'd be whisked away on an adventure when I was 10. My 4th grade and 2nd grade teachers tried to be as supportive as they could, but their wasn't much they could do.

I turned 10 and obviously there was no adventure. 5th grade was a disaster. My teacher loved my test scores, but hated dealing with me. She would send me to the bathroom with my bullies and once called a parent-teacher conference about my behavior ie my outbursts from my bullying. Obviously, I was no saint; I once tried to cut a kid's hair with scissors (was not suspended because I got supper lucky and my gifted and talented teacher saved my rear end), and several times I took off after my bullies in gym and recess in an attempt to punch them, but being a slow, nerdy girl, they always evaded me and laughed (which just pissed me off more). But still, there was little thought given towards me; my parents and the admins all just told me to ignore it and count to 10. Hard when it's literally endless and all the estrogen is making you mood swingy as hell. I started going on forums to have some social interaction muted by the lack of faces. My parents should never have allowed this. There was this internet rando who preyed on my loneliness and pubescent-ness and would sext me over IM. He knew I was 11-12 at the time, because I would tell the truth like an idiot. Thankfully I wised up around 13 when he wouldn't stop asking for pictures of me and my location and :sever:ed.

By the time I was 11 and finally in middle school, I was suicidal. I was seeing an outside school child psychologist, but just for anger management. Somehow they missed the bullied child's depression. I tried to strangle myself once, but that's obviously not effective, so I survived with no one knowing about it. After that I was just too depressed to kill myself.

In a stunning twist for this thread, middle school was much better! I had the stereotypical bitchy girls who made fun of me in the locker room, I once threw up in the middle of sex ed from my period pains (and then continued puking once a month until I was old enough that my doctor didn't feel totally weird prescribing me the pill), and there was this one girl who would scream in my face in the hall (she tried this once in high school after hours too).

Oh, and one of my bullies was finally expelled and the campus went on lockdown during homeroom in 8th grade one morning because he entered campus.

But another was a finalist in Doodle for Google, so I had to pretend to be happy for him. Thankfully I finally got an in school restraining order against him in high school because admins start getting nervous about boys getting in girls' personal space without permission around then.

One time I was called a lesbian in between classes and was so offended that I tripped over my own feet and skinned my knees so bad I still have the scars.

But by high school people just left me alone to be quiet, listen to music, be the teachers pet, and let my anxiety implode.

And that's why I'm a goon today!

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

I had a 16-year-old girl in my 8th grade math class. You gotta have problems of SOME kind to get held back like that.

There was a guy like that at my middle school whom the cops found loving the computer science teacher in a van in a church parking lot. I think she got out of jail a year or two ago. He's a normal mid-20s deadbeat now.

Jamie Lee Curtains
Apr 8, 2016

If you just watch a teenager, you see a lot of uncertainty.
I had a crazy friend who turned into a stalker(she ended up being kicked out of the school district for getting into so much trouble).She also did dumb poo poo and would blame me for it.Such as jumping out the back of her school bus,while it was moving.Middle school was bizarre for me.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Man, I got a couple. This is gonna be long:

Elementary was the hardest for me. My family was super poor, like eating a 5 pound bag of rice and beans for dinner for weeks poor. So clothes weren't that big of a deal on the "must buy" list. So naturally I outgrew stuff and had to wear it regardless. It's the reason my toes are so hosed up. One actually bends in three different directions, one direction per knuckle. But ai was hounded relentlessly over and over for this. The worst was on my birthday.

A couple of my "friends" who were up to that point and I would catch lizards chilling under the wall on the wall ball courts. We wouldn't keep them, just check em out, and release them. Earlier that day a lizard darted away and I moved back to look where it went and stepped right on it. Complete accident, felt really bad about it. Friends didn't care much, or it seemed. Right before I was to go home from after school day care or whatever it is, my friends told me to come with them, that they had caught a cool lizard for my birthday and it was in the bathroom. I walk in, and am bombarded with wet paper towels, rocks, and the lizard I stepped on earlier. One of the rocks actually chipped my tooth. My dad almost got into a fight over use their dad wouldn't pay for the dentist bill.

The very next year (6th grade) different school. I actually pretty much went to a new school every year, so it was hard to keep friends if I did make them. I was in the same grade as my cousin who was one of the cool guys. Me, not so much. I had the high water pants, too small shoes and everything. I was also in chess club and opera club at the behest of my mom on top of being in the school band. So I was the dorkiest, poorest, dude who was also in nerd central. I never got into a fight thankfully, and probably would have if it weren't for my cousin. He avoided me, but apparently told the other kids to leave me alone. He got me into hockey too which was great.

Seventh grade, new school and new state. This one is actually my favorite year despite the crap I went through. Nostalgia is weird. Probably because the good times beat the bad. I eventually made some friends who played Magic the gathering in the library during lunch. So I'd go down and grab my food, run up to the library and play. Eventually the aide saw me, though I was cute and invited me to her birthday party. I went, got her a gift, and had no idea she invited me because she wanted to ask me out. Que me making out with this other girl who liked me apparently too while playing Mario Kart on the 64 and smashing cupcakes in my face. I actually remember someone yelling "dude she's your girlfriend now, make out!" And having to stop racing to kiss her a bit. No I didn't win afterwards, this isn't a fantasy bullshit thing.

I didn't realize till later why that girl invited me and I apologized, but she did end up introducing me to a lot of her friends who were hot. One day I was messing around with them and some kid did something or said something that pissed them off. I got in the middle of it and pow! Lights out. Apparently the dude shoved me, and I hit the back of my head on the combination knob on the locker.

One of the other older kids who lived on my block was someone I looked up to and hu out a bunch with. The only thing I really remember doing with him is breaking into this old woman's house and stealing some of her wine.

I ended up getting suspended because I was trying to be more "badass" or something. I was playing my game boy in class, which I had stolen (I had started to steal things at that age) and when the teacher called me out and said to not be a child and play games in class, I replied "I've killed people for less." This was before Columbine, and I was a whopping 12 years old. Who could I have possibly killed at that point in my life? No worries, 3 day suspension. I ended up having to sit in class with my aunt, a special needs teacher and who we lived with while waiting for our house to get finished. I think her son and I got into a marker throwing match, and I accidentally hit him in the eye. She threw a loving chair at me.

Baseball was my calling. I had broken my leg somehow and missed try outs, they also had a rule where no 12 year olds were allowed to pitch. I was heartbroken because that's what I really wanted to do. Ended up playing catcher when a coach saw his roster, saw me and said "gently caress it." When the cast came off I became a super hero. I could throw to second faster than the pitcher could to home plate. My batting (which I really really suck at now) improved to the point where I lead home runs for the season, and was MVP and made it to the all star team.

The all star game was funny, and I'll remember it because the poo poo that happened was straight out of a movie. Remember the librarians aide? One of her friends had a cousin on the team and she came up to watch. I noticed her and started talkin a bit until it was my turn to bat. She said good luck, I smiled or said something stupid, whatever. First pitch and I smacked the ball so loving hard that it went over he fence and bounced around till it landed in the infield on the connected baseball field. Their ump thought someone threw the ball over playing around until they saw me rounding the bases. As soon as I hit home, I walked to the fence, pointed at her and said "that was for you." Nothing happened between us though so meh.

Also met the first real love of my life in the 7th grade. Jessica Ziolkowski, I'll never forget her name. We never dated but I always tried and she was always polite and either taken or not wanting to. I wasn't friend zoned, but it wasn't happening for whatever reason. There was also the first girl I ever wanted to gently caress like crazy, Morgan Johnson, who hated me. Like 7th grade was the lowest tier in that school, and she would have 9th graders all over her. I think it was because she was stacked like hell at 12 years old, but regardless, she didn't even want to be in the same room as me. This caused a few of her older friends to give me grief, name calling etc.

Eight grade was the worst for me. New school again, new friends. I quickly was established to be a "troubled teen" and was put in this weird quasi-home room where it was just other people like me. I remember a girl there had a tattoo at 13, homemade of course, but man poo poo was wild to me. I also super super got into stealing at that point. I'd have knives on me at all times at school, postured a bunch but never got into a fight. I was bad enough to the point where teachers would let me go outside and play basketball if I was feeling angry or let me go into the room connecting classrooms. I took advantage of this naturally.

One time, Dooley (one of the other kids in that bad kids class) and I learned how to steal porno. It was back then magazines were behind e counter at gas stations and you couldn't get it anywhere else. We did it once and almost got caught by the dude behind us. He said the only reason he didn't turn us in was because he was impressed on how ballsy we were. We would go and steal stuff regularly from gas stations or stores we went to. So much that my mom eventually started questioning how I got this stuff when the "a friend is letting me borrow it" ran out of steam. I was stealing partly to get attention but mainly because I was tired of being poor and denied the things I wanted (and saw my brother get from my mom) because I was the black sheep of the family.

Eventually, one of those times I went to go play basketball because I was mad involved me punching and kicking a tree. A teacher saw this, reported it to the principal, and I was expelled. I had been suspended before for calling the tattooed chick a whore(didn't know what the word meant, just knew it was hurtful) and other things. So off I go to a private bad kids reform school where the bullying stopped because we were watched like Hawks. To be honest though, I never bullied anyone myself. I'd been spit on, called enough names to fill a dictionary, hit, messed with, and hosed with in general from 5th grade till then. I reached my boiling point, and started to stand up for myself and have a whole "gently caress you, got mine." Attitude. Though shortly after the expulsion I tried to commit suicide and was hospitalized for a week.

My step dad was abusive to boot. When I was having one of those "I'm angry!" Episodes, he would physically restrain me. Like hurt me restrain me. Knee pressed to my neck, hands grabbed onto at weird angles. He never struck me except once. He put his hand in front of my mouth when he had me on the floor, so I bit that mother fucker. He grabbed the back of my head and slammed it into the ground a few times. I don't know where he is, but I'm sure that if I saw him today I don't know if I'd be able to restrain myself from getting aggressive with him. He would take things away from me just because or open my door at night to see what I was doing. Kind of a creep.

High School wasn't too much better. I moved to the south and was a skateboarder so I was in complete culture shock. However, I ended up being a floater or whatever you call it. The guy that can go from group to group to group and intermingle between those different cultures. Being bullied and poo poo made me learn the need to adapt to different social situations. It also taught me another valuable lesson, which is that it may not get better, it may get worse. Prevent that.

Edit: I just remembered but I was actually abused as a kid from one of my friends. We played the pantsing game like everyone else, but he would do it at times you weren't supposed to do it, like when you're swimming. He would routinely wrestle my swimming trunks off me, throw them out of he pool, make me run naked to get them and put them back on, and do it again if I tried to swim again. Not once, but like every time, and only when it was just us or friends. He would also do it changing in the locker room when I had nothing but underwear on. I don't know if that constitutes sexual abuse, but I was too young to know better and too in need of a friend to care at that point in time.

Double edit: one of the coolest things I ever did in my life was in 5th grade. We had pretty cool after school dudes, and one day he saw that most everyone had those LA Lights shoes that light up when you walk. Que an idea for dodgeball in the dark. I didn't have the shoes cause I was a poor, but man, that poo poo was hilariously fun. You'd see lights go off everywhere and then a thunk, then you'd see lights go weird as that person struggled to get back on their feet.

Triple edit!: I think the funniest thing that happened to me was in the 7th grade. We were doing the game where you try to make yourself pass out. I was showing off to my friends in band class and started to do it. I passed out and when I wake up I'm being slammed in the face by a bookbag repeatedly. Tried to get up, slammed in the face, stumble a bit, slammed in the face. Eventually the girl stops hitting me and storms out. The class is dying laughing and I ask what the hell happened. Apparently, when I passed out, I fell forward and landed facing up. I landed in such a way that made it look like I was trying to look up this girls skirt, and that's what she thought that I was doing until someone explained it to her later. I still kinda laugh at that poo poo today.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I accidentally ruined Middle School for some poor girl.Our school was in a weird district where 3/4 of our school lived in town but the other 1/4 were from rural areas outside of town. Tina was one of the girls who lived out on a farm in the middle of nowhere and she was pretty awkward.

Our history teacher was really, really lazy so every wednesday we'd head down to the computer lab and play Oregon Trail. This was his way of teaching about westward expansion and Manifest Destiny. There weren't enough computers for everyone so we had to partner up. I ended up with Tina. Turns out Tina was some kind of Oregon Trail wizard. When she wasn't writing DragonLance fanfic about her horses she was playing Oregon Trail since it was the only videogame she was allowed to play.

So she pretty much takes over and kits out our wagon perfectly. We have enough oats, horse feed, rations,spare tools, etc to make the first part of our journey a cakewalk. She named all the characters after family members and named the horses after her own. So we set out from Missouri and she is handling it like a boss. We fix a broken axle, trade some fur to the indians and ford a creek without a hitch. At this point I got bored and said I was taking over for the rest of the period. I immediately stop at the first outpost to buy a gun and a shitload of ammo. I then parked our caravan in a meadow and just blasted away every single bird, bison, snake and frog I saw. Tina started to get mad so I packed up about 400 lbs of meat and headed off. We get to another river and we have the option to ford, or look upstream for a bridge or a shallow crossing. Tina starts telling me we should go upstream because I had loaded a half ton of meat into our wagon and we'd drown, but I thought " gently caress it" and just clicked " ford the river". Our wagon sinks the milisecond we step into it, instantly killing our cattle, breaking our wagon, washing all of our belongings downstream and killing her brother and mother. Her father broke his leg and later died from infection.

Tina freaks out and starts screaming " YOU rear end in a top hat YOU JUST KILL MY ENTIRE FAMILY I TOLD YOU NOT TO CROSS". She starts to run away to tell the teacher but trips over a cord and falls facefirst into a printer. She breaks her nose and knocks out two teeth. She starts screaming and crying with blood streaming out of her nose and mouth, then had an asthma attack. She had to be taken to the hospital. Afterwords everyone called her " Blood Girl" or "Toothless Tina" (our bullies weren't a very inventive bunch).

• Locked thread