Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I guess if we wanted to know the greatest we'd have to have just winners in a game, none of these filler players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I understand you won't get the Trent Dilfer vs Dan Marino reference, so maybe I'll talk about the respective SNL careers of RDJ and bobby Moynihan

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

I understand you won't get the Trent Dilfer vs Dan Marino reference, so maybe I'll talk about the respective SNL careers of RDJ and bobby Moynihan

please explain the sports metaphor I'm curious

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ringz vs Skillz

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

DaisyDanger posted:

i am never playing again but super excited to watch

fellow winners, circle up on me for cool kids group.

I STILL HAVE JEFF'S HAT. IT'S MY HAT.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I might sign up again. I just need to figure out what my schedule is going to look like starting on the 24th. Even if I don't, I'll definitely be watching this.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Propaganda Machine posted:

No doubt.

I am not sullying my perfect win record.

Bee tee dubs, I'm totally in the bay area next weekend. So, uh...

I moved back to Sacramento!! :negative:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I found the NFL reference entertaining but didn't get the SNL one, which reflects how I feel about each.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

please explain the sports metaphor I'm curious

marinos one of the best NFL QBs ever but never won a superbowl

Trent Dilfer is one of the most mediocre QBs ever and did win a super bowl

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!

No doubt.

I am not sullying my perfect win record.

Same here. I'm retiring undefeated.

Plus I promised my partner I wouldn't do this again.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

JakeP posted:

marinos one of the best NFL QBs ever but never won a superbowl

Trent Dilfer is one of the most mediocre QBs ever and did win a super bowl

so what is that in survivor? PoP and?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wow I meant it in abstract u jerk

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

so what is that in survivor? PoP and?

Russel Hantz and Natalie from Samoa

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Wow I meant it in abstract u jerk

just teasing

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
This thread is already filled with "quality" posts.
I think winners and losers in a game like this over internet doesnt have that much difference when it comes to the game. Afterall we sit in a document and talk about conspiracies and then we yell at the mods during the challenges. There is some selfdistance needed to have a better chance of winning the game.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

JakeP posted:

Russel Hantz and Natalie from Samoa

It's funny how a sweet and kind person defeated an unapologetic douchebag in a game that hinges on social skills.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

It's funny how a sweet and kind person defeated an unapologetic douchebag in a game that hinges on social skills.

maybe my analogy was bad because they were on the same season, I was trying to reference a good survivor player who never won, vs a terrible survivor player who did to give a survivor example of a football analogy

Natalie was the worst survivor player to win survivor and Dilfer was the worst QB to win a superbowl

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

JakeP posted:

maybe my analogy was bad because they were on the same season, I was trying to reference a good survivor player who never won, vs a terrible survivor player who did to give a survivor example of a football analogy

Natalie was the worst survivor player to win survivor and Dilfer was the worst QB to win a superbowl

Russel Hantz is a bad Survivor player.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
thats up for debate, he is bad at getting jury votes but not bad at getting to the end. He is like Amanda whateverhernameis

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Bob was a way worse Survivor player than Natalie.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'd rank him as the number 2 worst winner

Natalie legit only won because she was Russels Goat and everyone hated russel (so i guess russel was the real goat)

JakeP fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 14, 2015

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Russel Hantz is a bad Survivor player.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I mean I am of the opinion that people who think Russel is a bad survivor player are bad critics of survivor players and just dislike him personally, the numbers speak for themself he reached the final in his first 2 seasons, including an allstar season. He just didn't position himself to win.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nah I really enjoy watching Russel but he's bad at survivor. He made it to the end a second time as the goatiest goat to ever goat.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

JakeP posted:

Russel is a bad survivor player.... He... didn't position himself to win.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rusty could do the same thing with a jury less concerned with feelings, more with strat, and get a win out of it

It wouldn't mean he was a better player for it

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Survivor meta talk is pretty chill

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Natalie also played a really good social game and made friends with the Galus who made up the majority of the jury. Russell is good at strategy and bad at the social game which means he can't win.

Bob only won because Sugar had daddy issues.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wow, it only took until page 2 for Russell to come up in a Survivor thread. A new record.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Russel is like one of those video game characters that have a couple of really high stats and a couple of really low stats.

I also think he's really good at his version of survivor, but the fact that his endgame isn't a winning one ultimately means he's not playing the same game as everybody else.

It like, getting to the end is nice, but you should be spending more of your game trying to jockey yourself into a winning position rather than just getting there. Russel is good, but I don't think he can be argued to be one of the best.

Anyway I was asking about in awful survivor

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meinberg and Rarity are the Natalie and Russel of Awful Survivor.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

I don't know what you're talking about as I, Meinberg, have never played Awful Survivor before.

Also, you're right.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Silly Burrito posted:

Wow, it only took until page 2 for Russell to come up in a Survivor thread. A new record.

lol

Also I'm Dilfer.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

rarity wasn't as clever as russel just cold hearted and meinberg wasn't as goaty as natalie, really he was the wrong choice to bring to final 2

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I have never actually watched Survivor but I'm hella nice and fun so I assume I'll win

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
who do i equate to?

fabio?

i bet it's fabio.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think people said I'm Mike or something?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Adus posted:

who do i equate to?

fabio?

i bet it's fabio.

I cannot think of a real life television Survivor contestant whose team was looking to throw the challenge explicitly to vote them out, but then solved the challenge days before the challenge even launched because said winner had already solved half of the challenge.

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!
Confession: I was drunk off my rear end during my FTC.

Psychotic Puggle fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

your win is now being re-evaluated over the suspicion of PED usage

• Locked thread