Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
They say you only get one chance to lake a first impression so I want to do the best one I can. I was thinking of maybe wearing a collored shirt and a fake mustache to show I'm professional but I also know how to have a good time when the situation calls for it, or maybe a bra with one of the straps slightly showing to create an aura of mystique, or a hat with the logo of a popular sports team like the New Yorj Yankees. You guys have more experience with this kind of thing so I'm counting on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6v-CmsOr1U

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
make sure to practice in the mirror before the big day

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NddJYKzwHU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
here are some phrases to memorize if you ever get into a sticky situation at an interview:
i have a good head for business
business? hell i know about business.
i was just about to ask you that

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Interview them before they start interviewing you to show that you're the alpha.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
stare intently into the eyes of the interviewer, don't EVER break eye contact for any reason whatsoever

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If asked for a weakness make sure to say it's that you work too hard or care too much. Employers love that and will be surprised how you can turn a negative into a positive.

Also, make sure to pay that one goon hundreds of dollars for a resume and interview coaching.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

this actually sounds like a good one

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Richard McBeef posted:

If asked for a weakness make sure to say it's that you work too hard or care too much. Employers love that and will be surprised how you can turn a negative into a positive.

Also, make sure to pay that one goon hundreds of dollars for a resume and interview coaching.

My weakness is that "I have a hard time accepting help because it's my job and if you have to send me help then I feel like I'm doing something wrong" it landed me my current job :coal:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
sure fire way to ace any interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD7PKKstAcg

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
try not to cry if the interviewer calls you a fag and slaps you aroud a little. this is just part of the "hazing process" and is somethong ever interviewee has to go through

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
make sure you list "extensive experience sending and receiving faxes" whether its true or not. most people in HR value this skill above all others. if you dont have that experience take a class at a local business college. usually they have night classes in faxing, and stenography.

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
Tell them about your felony

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
if they ask a 'brainteaser' riddle question like "how many ping pong balls can you fit in a school bus", flip the table over and claim it's part of your analytical process, they'll nod and respect your bravado

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
cover yourself with patchouli oil to help hide the dank weed also invite them to play hackey sack

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

here are some phrases to memorize if you ever get into a sticky situation at an interview:
i have a good head for business
business? hell i know about business.

If getting a job is anything like proving I'm not a virgin then this shouls be a walk in the park

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
tell them that if you dont get the job you'll kill yourself

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
tell them that you would like your office away from any dirty jews

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

Interview them before they start interviewing you to show that you're the alpha.

This, unironically. It should be a two way street. If you don't have questions for them, they'll figure out that you're a fuckup who's just desperate for a job, any job.

It's a lot easier to pull off if you already have a job and aren't a millennial.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I interviewed this one girl a few months ago she turned the tables and starting interviewing us. We all liked it and thought it was pretty novel but ultimately we went a different direction/gender in our decision making process.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Kuato posted:

I interviewed this one girl a few months ago she turned the tables and starting interviewing us. We all liked it and thought it was pretty novel but ultimately we went a different direction/gender in our decision making process.

tranny4pay in tyool 2015

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Kuato posted:

I always do this. A bunch of research into the company and then I ask a bunch of questions and even have them give me a tour at the end if possible.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I like pretty much every style of music so I could pretend to be into the same stuff as the interviewer. What kind of music do job interviewer guys listen to?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

a bay posted:

I like pretty much every style of music so I could pretend to be into the same stuff as the interviewer. What kind of music do job interviewer guys listen to?

HR people have no soul. Their music consists of the tears of people who have them.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

a bay posted:

Foo Fighters. Probably a good bet on Bruce Springsteen too.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

A misanthrope posted:

I always do this. A bunch of research into the company and then I ask a bunch of questions and even have them give me a tour at the end if possible.

same but i give the tour

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

P-Mack posted:

It's a lot easier to pull off if you already have a job

Thanks for this really helpful advice on how to get a job :waycool:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

same but i give the tour

that poo poo is pro as hell :hfive:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Even better is to have a ton of money so you can just invest it and not even need a job. That will give you a lot of confidence that interviewers will pick up on.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I feel now is good a time as any to make a confession. I'm not actually going to a job interview, I guess you guys got trolled, welcome to the owned zone :shrug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a bay posted:

I feel now is good a time as any to make a confession. I'm not actually going to a job interview, I guess you guys got trolled, welcome to the owned zone :shrug:

what the?? :vince:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a bay posted:

YOU MOTHERFUCKRE

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

always gently caress on the first date

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

a bay posted:

They say you only get one chance to lake a first impression so I want to do the best one I can. I was thinking of maybe wearing a collored shirt and a fake mustache to show I'm professional but I also know how to have a good time when the situation calls for it, or maybe a bra with one of the straps slightly showing to create an aura of mystique, or a hat with the logo of a popular sports team like the New Yorj Yankees. You guys have more experience with this kind of thing so I'm counting on you

wait, bra? so you're a chick? be pretty and smile, that's all you ever have to do #jonpop4eva

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I had a sense that that was coming, which is why I kept my job getting tips to myself

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

a bay posted:

maybe thats for the best. you dont sound quite like you "have what it takes," in a manner of speaking

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
JFC. Major ownage itt. That technique...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
My dad has a story about one of his old friends who went into a Civil Service interview with 5 pints in him.

When asked "What is your opinion on the current situation with yugoslavia?", he replied with What the gently caress kind of question is that?

Better than my lovely technique of not prepping. Jesus Christ do some prep.

• Locked thread