Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

School Nickname posted:

My dad has a story about one of his old friends who went into a Civil Service interview with 5 pints in him.

When asked about "What is your opinion on the current situation with yugoslavia?", he replied with What the gently caress kind of question is that?

Better than my lovely technique of not prepping. Jesus Christ do some prep.

did you even read the thread?? you have been had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Horniest Manticore posted:

wait, bra? so you're a chick? be pretty and smile, that's all you ever have to do #jonpop4eva

I refuse to do that on principle because it wouldnt be fair to the other people applying for the job

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

use the 5 year plan 2020 vision joke

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

School Nickname posted:

My dad has a story about one of his old friends who went into a Civil Service interview with 5 pints in him.

When asked "What is your opinion on the current situation with yugoslavia?", he replied with What the gently caress kind of question is that?

Better than my lovely technique of not prepping. Jesus Christ do some prep.

School nickname getting owned on August 12 2015, someone better update the SAclepedia to save this pwnage for prosperity.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

or phone the police department and ask if any good jobs have been reported

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

School nickname getting owned on August 12 2015, someone better update the SAclepedia to save this pwnage for prosperity.

ill make the website

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

numberoneposter posted:

or phone the police department and ask if any good jobs have been reported

itym reopened

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

use the 5 year plan 2020 vision joke

wow you guys really are gullible lol

hey ive got a bridge id like to sell you lmbo

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

dad gay. so what posted:

trade you the bridge for some swamp land i inherited?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

dad gay. so what posted:

I bet they think its a good business idea to hire the cutest and most adorable person instead of the best one for the job

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

lorn Wayne posted:

trade you the bridge for some swamp land i inherited?

heh, i get the reference :smug: maybe you should talk to some of these other rubes :smug:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im applying for head cock of the gently caress factory

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

a bay posted:

I bet they think its a good business idea to hire the cutest and most adorable person instead of the best one for the job

no joke this was the case at the last big corporate i contracted at, 90% of girls who worked there were cute with massive tits, it kinda became a whole running joke among staff. even the girl sitting next to me used to be a pub waitress and was hired by my manager on a drunken bachelor party night out in an attempt to sleep with her (didn't happen, she got the job and then let him know she had a boyfriend).

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
this thread is a damned lie

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

lorn Wayne posted:

no joke this was the case at the last big corporate i contracted at, 90% of girls who worked there were cute with massive tits, it kinda became a whole running joke among staff. even the girl sitting next to me used to be a pub waitress and was hired by my manager on a drunken bachelor party night out in an attempt to sleep with her (didn't happen, she got the job and then let him know she had a boyfriend).

Well I am going to tell the interviewer right up front that I am dating because I want to be hired for my team player spirit and dedication to the ideals of the company NOT because of my perky B cups and big butt that are hard to hide even in lose fitting work clothes

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

A misanthrope posted:

this thread is a damned lie

i tried to be honest :sigh:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

School Nickname posted:

i tried to be honest :sigh:

Dont listen to those guys they are just salty and buttmade because they got trolled. I think it sounds like good advice, and fun. I will try it next time I *stifling laughter* apply for a job

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Go through the whole interview then at the end let them know you aren't really interviewing and welcome them to the own zone. Tell them you'll keep the whole thing a secret if they hire you though

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I think I will try a hybrid approach that combines te suggetions made so far about flipping the interview, being hot, and getting drunk, so instead of going to the interview to ask for a job I am going to the bar so some guy will offer me one

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

if the interviewer has a photo of his wife on his desk pick it up and ask where you can go for some privacy

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

on your resume list all the pokemons you caught and offer your DS for the background check

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

A misanthrope posted:

on your resume list all the pokemons you caught and offer your DS for the background check

He's not really going to an interview, add A Misanthrope to the list of owned Goons on the website Dad.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQPtKNZpfz4

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Kuato posted:

He's not really going to an interview, add A Misanthrope to the list of owned Goons on the website Dad.

i know im just listing good ideas so everyone here thinks im smart

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

lol, these goons will never learn! im having trouble keeping up with all the names! lol

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

dad gay. so what posted:

lol, these goons will never learn! im having trouble keeping up with all the names! lol

i'll send u a fax

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

dad gay why you gotta chronicle my shame?

i like to print out my posts and show them to would-be employers but i will not be showcasing my work itt

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Show them your snatch - never fails

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

dad gay. so what posted:

There going to need a gang tag soon

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Currently putting together my tier list of hats and meme t shirts to wear at the job interview so keep this thread bookmarked

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Tuxedo t-shirt and a steampunk top hat that has a bunch of gears glued to it

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

pretend to know a lot about rare birds and fish so you seem sophisticated

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Aralan posted:

Tuxedo t-shirt and a steampunk top hat that has a bunch of gears glued to it
formal wear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
what gender is the nose?

• Locked thread