Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Fluo posted:

Yeah, fun fact Cornish Pasty as the same area protection Champagne has so they can't be called Cornish Pasties outside of Cornwall. :eng101:

i completely believe you but perhaps you'd like to journey to gold rush country in northern california and inform the establishments of this law. everybody just calls them cornish pasties. you should feel special because it is like literally the only part of the US where anyone even knows what the gently caress a cornish pasty is let alone can purchase one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
It is hilarious how much better french cuisine is.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Demonachizer posted:

It is hilarious how much better french cuisine is.

well of course, the british had to make due with what they were allowed after they were conquered by the french

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

i completely believe you but perhaps you'd like to journey to gold rush country in northern california and inform the establishments of this law. everybody just calls them cornish pasties. you should feel special because it is like literally the only part of the US where anyone even knows what the gently caress a cornish pasty is let alone can purchase one

don't listen to that guy, he probably thinks the same thing about dumb mundane poo poo like cheddar cheese lol who gives a gently caress what english people think?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i mashed ur mom's pie last night op

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I once read a story where the south east of england was flooded by global warming and when they tried to flee the rest of the country shot all the cockneys and other marsh dwellers.

that was a good story and I guess my point is gently caress jellied eels and jellied eel eaters.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

the great deceiver posted:

America does its thing and why EU tends to just ignore them. It's like a circlejerk if you don't want to play ball you don't have to. It's mainly for trading inside the EU so when you're buying $1,500 leg of Jamón Ibérico you know its smoked the proper way, from the proper pig and such. It's extremely helpful with the inferior Chinese truffles that you'll see some places try and flog off as European. It's all about the words they don't use rather than the ones they do. :v:

quote:

Jamón
There are four grades of jamón ibérico, categorised primarily by the diet of the pigs. The curing process remains the same, but the length for which they are aged will differ with the lower grade hams receiving little more than a year of hanging and the very best up to four years.

The age difference can be seen in the finished result with the flesh of the younger hams having a lighter pink colour and those of older hams being a deep, ruby red. The taste too is very different with the acorn richness of the jamón ibérico de bellota lingering on the palate like a fine wine.

Jamón ibérico de bellota
From pure Iberico pigs fed on a diet of acorns during the Montanera and granted DO status. These hams are aged for at least three years before being released and often labelled 'reserva' and 'gran reserva' to denote their age.

Jamón ibérico de recebo
Fed on a diet of cereals and acorns and aged for at least three years.

Jamón ibérico cebo de campo
Free range, but fed only on a diet of cereals.

Jamón ibérico de cebo
Commercially reared pigs fed on a diet of cereals.

It is also worth sampling these excellent Serrano hams.

Jamón de Trévelez
Produced from white pigs which have been fed on commercial cereals, this is still a very fine ham, which fans say has a sweetness that comes from the climate in which the pigs are reared.

Jamón de Teruel
The first jamon in Spain to receive DO status, these mountain hams must be aged for at least 12 months after curing before being sold.

Embutidos
Worry not, the rest of the pig is not wasted and these other cured products are also well worth seeking out.

Chorizo de cerdo ibérico
A cured sausage made from chopped pork, pork fat and paprika. There are hundreds of regional varieties, some containing garlic and herbs.

Lomo de cerdo ibérico
The cured tenderloin of the pig. Seńorio De Montanera make a stunning version covered in lard made from the fat surrounding the pig's kidneys.

Salsichon de cerdo ibérico
Another sausage, cured for at least four months.

Morcon de cerdo ibérico
A larger, less well known sausage cured with herbs and spices.

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

(and can't post for 2 years!)

proof of concept posted:

don't listen to that guy, he probably thinks the same thing about dumb mundane poo poo like cheddar cheese lol who gives a gently caress what english people think?

Its true Cornish pasties are PGI protected as is Melton Mowbray pork pies, Newmarket sausage, Stornoway black pudding and Cumberland sausage.

You CANNOT use the geographical name if its not produced there.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Nigel Farage posted:

Cumberland sausage.

lol cum

british food :rolleyes:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I once read a story where the south east of england was flooded by global warming and when they tried to flee the rest of the country shot all the cockneys and other marsh dwellers.

that was a good story and I guess my point is gently caress jellied eels and jellied eel eaters.

no they're going to freeze to death when the gulf stream changes course.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nigel Farage posted:

Its true Cornish pasties are PGI protected as is Melton Mowbray pork pies, Newmarket sausage, Stornoway black pudding and Cumberland sausage.

actually I can, because I live in the USA and your lovely country is a client state of ours

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Nigel Farage posted:

come out to northern california and fight me at one of the old gold mines you limey human being. in fact the closest CORNISH PASTY shop near me in sacramento is run by vietnamese people, let that soak into your inbred, warm-beer addled excuse for a brain nige

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
It's called a Cornish pasty.

Cornwall pasties are the protected food, if something is Cornish it just means it's like those in Cornwall

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

as a british poster i call for the ban and death of posters nigel farage shirley crabtree and that other dumb guy with the fawlty towers avatar because theyre dumbshits

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Nigel Farage posted:

All my hamburgers come from Hamburg.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Fluo posted:

America does its thing and why EU tends to just ignore them. It's like a circlejerk if you don't want to play ball you don't have to. It's mainly for trading inside the EU so when you're buying $1,500 leg of Jamón Ibérico you know its smoked the proper way, from the proper pig and such. It's extremely helpful with the inferior Chinese truffles that you'll see some places try and flog off as European. It's all about the words they don't use rather than the ones they do. :v:

Jamon Iberico shouldn't be smoked, it is salt cured.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Rename this Nigel Farage Fightin' Around The World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpokjMDGM60

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
loving lmao at any british people who think their tiny laws from their tiny country amount to poo poo literally anywhere else on the planet in 2015

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Demonachizer posted:

Jamon Iberico shouldn't be smoked, it is salt cured.

:D glad you found my little test

Fluo
May 25, 2007

david... posted:

as a british poster i call for the ban and death of posters nigel farage shirley crabtree and that other dumb guy with the fawlty towers avatar because theyre dumbshits

theres alot of fawlty towers avatar people which one you mean

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

proof of concept posted:

loving lmao at any british people who think their tiny laws from their tiny country amount to poo poo literally anywhere else on the planet in 2015

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

had to use an American to tell him off

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
The every day brit is the most uncultured disgusting piece of human garbage in western europe.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Fluo posted:

theres alot of fawlty towers avatar people which one you mean

all of them but mostly the worst one i dont remember his name but hes all like trying to be super british and it makes me uncomfortable

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i know about the protected food thing. there's started to be a market for wine in china and chinese vintners are labelling their bottles "napa" and "sonoma" and poo poo like that despite being 100% grown and produced in china. its got some wine people here in california very upset. however the integrity of california wine is much more valuable than protecting the integrity of the pasty or the loving newberryshire sheepcum sausage or whatever.

oh yeah i just remembered that i like cornish game hens so another shout out of thanks to cornwall wherever the gently caress you actually are

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nigel Farage posted:

Pies and mash with eel water parsley liqour and some jellied eels.

I was at M.Manze's Tower Bridge Road.

Real English grub only.

None of your foreign American muck here.

simply divine

thank god its been like 3 weeks since some limey cocksucker posted his disgusting looking food i was hoping someone else would do it again soon

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
ere you go love. some garbage that a normal human wouldn't feed to a dog. - British Cuisine

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if a food has the word jelly as part of its name then that automatically makes it something i dont want to eat.

eels strikes me as posisbly the worst thing you could jelly. maybe second to cockroaches.

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

Robo Reagan posted:

thank god its been like 3 weeks since some limey cocksucker posted his disgusting looking food i was hoping someone else would do it again soon

And that was me...

:argh:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Nigel Farage posted:

And that was me...

:argh:

eels up inside ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AckvdGbk4w

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

david... posted:

all of them but mostly the worst one i dont remember his name but hes all like trying to be super british and it makes me uncomfortable

I think he was banned, and is now rereged as the op

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Mange Mite posted:

dissapointing

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Nigel Farage posted:

What rubbish is this, i make my own Stornoway black puddings, and that is what i call it. Stornoway black puddings.

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

Mange Mite posted:

Nope. Only been here a couple of months.

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

Rambling Robot posted:

What rubbish is this, i make my own Stornoway black puddings, and that is what i call it. Stornoway black puddings.

I reported to your feds you crim.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Really loving angry and the egregious waste of eels those cockneys partake in

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
never had jellied eel what it taste like

i eat a lot of gross poo poo like tripe and kidneys so hosed up eels is extremely my poo poo

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Really loving angry and the egregious waste of eels those cockneys partake in

Eels are loving everywhere in our rivers all up and down the country. We keep the population of eels in check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigel Farage
Jun 20, 2015

by Ralp

cram me sideways posted:

never had jellied eel what it taste like

i eat a lot of gross poo poo like tripe and kidneys so hosed up eels is extremely my poo poo

It just tastes fishy . Nothing really gross about it.

• Locked thread