Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
IMHO the only really terrible new thread of the year was the one for Evolve and even then we got the best possible outcome which was watching the true believers and boring trolls slapfight it out until the entire world forgot it existed a week after launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad of evolve

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm sad that Evolve turned into a pile of poo poo, I really like asymmetric team games like that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yes....turned into

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I meant "turned out to be", I suck at typing; I was looking forward to it before it released

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I knew what you meant I was just kidding

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Don't sign your posts.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Kewpuh posted:

nah, changing GBS didn't really have much of anything to do with it. There was kind of fledgling forums userbase and then very high peak with bit torrent barnyard, and then the obvious dropoff after btb was shut down. there's been a steady but gradual decline since then but the main thing that caused the biggest drop in active users was the major outage last year. a lot of people just never came back and the numbers show

i love my dead gay internet comedy forum

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Ryoga posted:

Games has been running with almost no real issues except for the one where you can't post in certain threads without running the risk of getting stalked by the mentally ill. Stricter moderation very likely wouldn't fix this either anyway.

It did happened to me but this was back in YCS, someone "Dox" me and I stopped posting in that forum. Like he quoted the last 30 post I made on the forum and commented on them. I don't even know why it happened, I am not really an interesting poster.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Bleusilences posted:

It did happened to me but this was back in YCS, someone "Dox" me and I stopped posting in that forum. Like he quoted the last 30 post I made on the forum and commented on them. I don't even know why it happened, I am not really an interesting poster.

The scary thing is I have no idea who this even is, somehow they got some of my contact info and send me goatse images to my email, or call my phone to tell me I need to fix the hosed up RAM in my brain at least once a week.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ryoga posted:

The scary thing is I have no idea who this even is, somehow they got some of my contact info and send me goatse images to my email, or call my phone to tell me I need to fix the hosed up RAM in my brain at least once a week.

:stare:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ryoga posted:

:catstare:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Are you an Xbox one?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:stare:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ryoga posted:

That's hosed up. Your ram is perfectlyfine

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ryoga I'm sorry that happened man

doxxing is pretty hosed up and wrong

shouldn't bring IRL stuff into internet fights imo

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Stux posted:

the cells of your brain are made of the xbox one bad ram

Is it something like this?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Clearly Stux is in favour of doxxing and should be made an example of.

Ban Stux.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kewpuh can you please ban anyone who types the word "cuck" in future posts? This would greatly improve the Games posting experience for most users.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I haven't seen anyone use the word cuck outside GBS in months.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Shortest Path posted:

Kewpuh can you please ban anyone who types the word "cuck" in future posts? This would greatly improve the Games posting experience for most users.

Internet Kraken posted:

I haven't seen anyone use the word cuck outside GBS in months.

Ban these two for using the word 'cuck'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Seraph84 is the only bad part of games because he is a literally insane bitcoin and star citizen 'investor' who has concerns about the age of consent

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm concerned that the age of consent is not 18 in every state.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sleeveless posted:

IMHO the only really terrible new thread of the year was the one for Evolve and even then we got the best possible outcome which was watching the true believers and boring trolls slapfight it out until the entire world forgot it existed a week after launch.

was it this year that we had a 80 year old defending pedophilia in a MMO game or was it in 2014?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

Ban these two for using the word 'cuck'

This guy too.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

*climbs on top of desk and cups hands around mouth

CUCK!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys i think this guy said duck

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

gently caress with the ducks

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
games stopped cuckshaming really quickly because it's self-evident that we're all weirdos and virgin nerds, while gbs is still in denial

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive been watching an anime called Gintama recently and the main character is basically a Goon except in a neo-feudal Japan with aliens

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Eonwe posted:

ive been watching an anime called Gintama recently and the main character is basically a Goon except in a neo-feudal Japan with aliens

Gintama is extremely good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
true

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

littleorv posted:

Gintama is extremely good.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
I usually follow 3-6 threads for whatever games I care about at any given time. Mostly they've been fine. My style is 100% carepost but whatever shitpostiness has crept in around the edges hasn't ruined anything so far. Possibly this is due to the nature of most games I like - a lot of sim/strategy stuff that mostly huge nerds post about.

To be fair the KSP thread and a few others get lovely on occasion, maybe because their relative popularity means they attract a lot of posters. Then the law of large numbers guarantees that at least some horribleness is inevitable.

Awesome/Awful Mods thread continues to provide great entertainment month after month, great job on that everyone.

No idea what to do about the decline in activity, but I'm not sure it's the posters' job to care about that either. Maybe SA should advertise or something, it is a profit-seeking organization after all.

Overall I rate Games: 2015 Summer Slam Edition a solid :thumbsup:.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I enjoy Games quite a bit, and the lax rules help that I think. I used to get upset at shitposting and not capitilizing but now I don't care and my life is better for it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr E posted:

I enjoy Games quite a bit, and the lax rules help that I think. I used to get upset at shitposting and not capitilizing but now I don't care and my life is better for it.

Same thing happened to me and games is better for it

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Zombies' Downfall posted:

games stopped cuckshaming really quickly because it's self-evident that we're all weirdos and virgin nerds, while gbs is still in denial

Games' equivalent of The Cuck Meme is the pages of whitenoise posting about how Bethesda games are worse than Hitler because they get boring after 100 hours that pop up in every thread once a week.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the number of users browsing my control panel bookmarks is up from 0 to 1 in the last 2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I am a big fan of Eonwe's posting.

• Locked thread