Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ColdPie posted:

I dunno. I definitely see it Unironically. Do you want reports, or is gamefaqs posting cool now?

sfhut thes gently caress upl

Kewpuh posted:

All I can go off is what I see in reports since it's not really feasible to see every post in every thread, and from what I have seen recently is maybe 1 report for Stux that mentioned his lovely typing. I elected to let it stand because it's Stux and he's a dumbass and I punish him a lot for other things that aren't really as minuscule as lovely typing

who was it

Nasgate posted:

Games is pretty darn good. Even the regular Dota thread is tolerable and has actual discussion more often than not.

I will say I've seen posts like:

"Mods?!!"

More recently and they are always a waste of space.

mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

anyway my suggestions

ban PC game discusisoon rhere is a thread in yospos for such fail posts

getrid of the "real" cbone thread assit is a potitnless waste of time

close imp zone

thank

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

How Rude posted:

I think the stupid meme-y lovely posts like "MODS!?" after a dissenting opinion can get tiresome and overused, so banning fuckheads that spam the same kind of lame one word meme posts over and over would be a good move

shui the gently caress up

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Antoine Silvere posted:

bring back that shitposter thunderdome with rocket league 3v3s thanks in advance

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pirate Jet posted:

I like Games this year more than I did last year. I was pretty skeptical of the shitposter thunderdome but it actually seems to have made most of the participants either calm down or outright go away so maybe I didn't know what I was talking about.

Take care.

uck u

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NineBreaker posted:

For a few years now, Games to me has been the Vita thread, the Fallout New Vegas thread, and anything XCOM. Other threads do not exist, largely because my Vita is my only gaming device; I read the Fallout and XCOM threads out of fond remembrance. One time I read the Pillars of Eternity thread but that was only to complain about how long it took for me to receive my physical copy (I received it late July because I am on an island--the internet is not reliable enough to download anything, and the other month we ran out of rice for several weeks). Of course the game doesn't work on my machine, but that's perhaps my fault as one of my laptops is rather old and the other lacks a disk drive. Perhaps in a year or so I will get the chance to enjoy it.

Overall I feel like Games is one of the healthier sections of SA. Ever since GBS became FYAD-lite it's the only part of SA I frequent with any regularity, save for occasionally checking Ask/Tell for something interesting (there often isn't). It makes me feel connected to the world outside my island. One time a goon even sent me some games (Killzone and Uncharted), so there's that.

On a few occasions I have read the Game Developers thread, which I have found to be unintentionally comedic as game developers take their jobs very, very seriously. It's actually a good thing for someone to care about their work, of course, but here in the Federated States of Micronesia one can become easily frustrated at how little foreign presences care about the place. These days I have more respect for game developers than I do the UN, IOM, the embassies of several nations, and a plethora of NGOs that seem to excel at causing abject and profound harm. Meanwhile, nobody knows or cares because let's face it: do *you* know where the Federated States of Micronesia is? So it's really nice to read about people who have passion for what they do. It makes me wonder if sometime I ought to work in the field.

If nothing else, I appreciate how SA still has some degree of discussion and passion. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I'm not aware of another site that offers what SA does. SA provided me a means of venting about Natural Doctrine, which is either the love of my life or as abusive and bad for me as my former fiance, and for that I am grateful.

awful

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

close games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

close imp zone and bring back ycs

• Locked thread