Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
From Wikipedia:
White People is a 2015 American documentary film directed, produced and starring Jose Antonio Vargas which explores white privilege in the United States.

What does it mean to be white? MTV’s ‘White People’ is a groundbreaking documentary on race that aims to answer that question from the viewpoint of young white people living in America today. The film follows Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and filmmaker, Jose Antonio Vargas, as he travels across the country to get this complicated conversation started. ‘White People’ asks what’s fair when it comes to affirmative action, if colorblindness is a good thing, what privilege really means, and what it’s like to become the “white minority” in your neighborhood. For more information on ‘White People,’ and to join the conversation, head to race.lookdifferent.org.

It's a solid watch. Really makes you think about how privileged some of us are -- something we shouldn't take for granted. Check it out when you have some time, but be prepared to feel like an rear end in a top hat afterwards. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zjj1PmJcRM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
being white loving owns

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
we already had this thread dipshit. Pretty sure it was sent to the gaschamber because too many millennials had white guilt or whatever.

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

being white loving owns

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Any white bros wanna invent a super cool secret handshake hit me up

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

JakeP posted:

Any white bros wanna invent a super cool secret handshake hit me up

lets do that cool thing where we grab eachothers forearms instead of hands like the guys do on the cool castle shows

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735553

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

lets do that cool thing where we grab eachothers forearms instead of hands like the guys do on the cool castle shows

Interesting, but not nearly white enough. I suggest we do the thing where we shake each other's ankles.

Here are a couple professional white people demonstrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlxdCGvqHAs

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
Brought to you by Viacom, which isn't full of privileged white people.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the world would be a better place if more people had an irrational sense of guilt instead of an irrational sense of persecution and self righteousness

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Is this that white history month I never stop hearing about?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Richard McBeef posted:

Interesting, but not nearly white enough. I suggest we do the thing where we shake each other's ankles.

holy gently caress lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

please let this be what kills MTV

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Richard McBeef posted:

the only good white people

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

symbolic posted:

please let this be what kills MTV

they're too big the only hope we have is education and the dissemination of cable and satellite services

which sucks because i really dig my xm on long road trips

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
remember when mtv used to show music videos? now its all just pregnant teens and white homos :rolleyes:

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

dad gay. so what posted:

remember when mtv used to show music videos? now its all just pregnant teens and white homos :rolleyes:

kind of like E! then?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

TwoFire posted:

kind of like E! then?

who knows?? :shrug:

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

lol not me i dont have cable i have insurance to pay for

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I wouldnt know. lmao, just , just lmao is you even own a TV

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i watch ishows on my snow white ipad

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
White people YAY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiyLtMPuWRA

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Nooner posted:

I wouldnt know. lmao, just , just lmao is you even own a TV

How else can i watch physical media that I own the rights to? :confused:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
if a thing is on mtv then that's a sign it's going out of style hopefully so maybe dumbshit white people can stop having self-flagellating white-offs on twitter already

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i just stream netflix directly to my smartphone

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Nooner posted:

i just stream netflix directly to my smartphone

lets see 789" 1080p vs 4" 480p and a cramping non-wank arm.. let me decide.. let me decide.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I can't find the Pre-School Race War clip from this show and I am sad.

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
I looked up "wondershowzen race war" and it came right up. Assuming this was the video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOMEBKloS2E I don't really remember that one.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's the one. I swear it didn't come up. Bizarre.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
asian and jewish privilege because they are more successful and less threatening overall

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

this documentary seems really cool, i think it's a good thing that MTV made this and that they are pushing this into the spotlight because white people need to be forcefed education because education is sometimes uncomfortable and white people don't know poo poo about accepting discomfort

anyway, i'm excited about this and as a non-white i'm very much looking forward to watching this documentary with my beautiful WHITE wife :v:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Man, this thing sure is dumb

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i feel some sympathy for ignorant white kids who can't participate ancestral or heritage pride because they equate it with white supremacy

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Commie NedFlanders posted:

this documentary seems really cool, i think it's a good thing that MTV made this and that they are pushing this into the spotlight because white people need to be forcefed education because education is sometimes uncomfortable and white people don't know poo poo about accepting discomfort

anyway, i'm excited about this and as a non-white i'm very much looking forward to watching this documentary with my beautiful WHITE wife :v:

white lives matter

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

white lives matter

they do :gbsmith:

just because they're the only lives that have ever mattered, doesn't mean they should stop mattering!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

who gave frankie muniz dioxin poisoning

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Then again I grew up in a different culture than America so maybe I see these things differently. Or I just dont care... white person problems

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Squeezy Farm posted:

Really makes you think about how privileged some of us are -- something we shouldn't take for granted.

I am privileged by all the awesome things my color/race has invented and created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Fog Tripper posted:

I am privileged by all the awesome things my color/race has invented and created.

that's not how it works sorry

• Locked thread