Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Commie NedFlanders posted:

that's not how it works sorry

how interesting your perspective is sir did you invent the lagerphone or something? NOPE! Whites did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Commie NedFlanders posted:

that's not how it works sorry

do tell

Having lived in the late 60s-70s, I got to hear first hand some really awesome, inspired music that blacks were laying down. Nowadays? What the gently caress. It's pretty much exactly nothing like influential now, a simple steaming pile.

Back then they pretty much had a lock on awesome music. A monopoly of influential groovyness.

Where are the Etta Jameses of today? The Dobie Grays? Otis Redding?
WHERE DID SOUL MUSIC Disappear TO?*

gently caress.

Kanye West, Beyonce and that chick with the alien rear end? That's what we've got to listen to now.
Pretty loving sad.

*Seriously. Can someone link me some decent recent blues/soul music?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 12, 2015

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Fog Tripper posted:

do tell

Having lived in the late 60s-70s, I got to hear first hand some really awesome, inspired music that blacks were laying down. Nowadays? What the gently caress. It's pretty much exactly nothing like influential now, a simple steaming pile.

Back then they pretty much had a lock on awesome music. A monopoly of influential groovyness.

gently caress.

Kanye West, Beyonce and that chick with the alien rear end? That's what we've got to listen to now.
Pretty loving sad.

sorry xhe didn't clarify, thats not how it works for white people. everyone else its all good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Mtv also has a show called catfish or something

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

do tell

gently caress.

Pretty loving sad.

it's around you just have to not get your music from mainstream poo poo radio. :shrug:

the crap you're talking about is 'black stereotypes marketed to 12 year old to make money.' although the inspired influential stuff you're talking about is mostly rap I guess.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Fog Tripper posted:

do tell

gently caress.

Pretty loving sad.

are you a dentist

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

ArmZ posted:

are you a dentist

he didn't ask for smooth jazz

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

what's your favorite Clapton song to play

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

ArmZ posted:

are you a dentist

anti-dentite

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

it's around you just have to not get your music from mainstream poo poo radio. :shrug:

No suggestions?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

we don't need inspiring music anymore old man, we live inspiration. hash. loving. tag.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

No suggestions?

I don't really follow jazz or blues but Madlib (MF Doom) definitely has a lot of jazzy tracks. He is foremost a producer but he works with a lot of jazz artists. I've heard good things about 'The Funky Side of Life' and I like the few songs off 'Blunted in the Bomb Shelter' that I've heard. The first one is a jazz/funk album so it might be right up your alley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Funky_Side_of_Life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blunted_in_the_Bomb_Shelter

Dunno if you like rap or what type of rap you might like if you do but Andre Nickatina has some fire tracks that basically never get played.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 12, 2015

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

do tell

gently caress.

Pretty loving sad.

congratulations, you are the new oldest goon

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

why would i want to watch this?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

ArmZ posted:

what's your favorite Clapton song to play

Is it OK if its a Derek and the Dominos song?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

I don't really follow jazz or blues but Madlib (MF Doom) definitely has a lot of jazzy tracks. He is foremost a producer but he works with a lot of jazz artists. I've heard good things about 'The Funky Side of Life' and I like the few songs off 'Blunted in the Bomb Shelter' that I've heard. The first one is a jazz/funk album so it might be right up your alley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Funky_Side_of_Life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blunted_in_the_Bomb_Shelter

Dunno if you like rap or what type of rap you might like if you do but Andre Nickatina has some fire tracks that basically never get played.

While I respect and admire Jazz, I never got that into it or enjoyed it myself. Way too chaotic. I am speaking more about blues and soul music.

Rap? Just, no.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Fog Tripper posted:

While I respect and admire Jazz, I never got that into it or enjoyed it myself. Way too chaotic. I am speaking more about blues and soul music.

Have you ever heard about the righteous brothers, brother?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

TwoFire posted:

Have you ever heard about the righteous brothers, brother?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFO0TeFdAas

Where are today's Jimmy Hendrixes? :(

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hm I don't really know much blues/soul music. Sorry :(

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
white people are successful and this irritates me

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Just went to the doctor. Found out I'm white.
Did not have to pay and was also given a magic ring of privilege and an invite to the next Bilderberg meeting.

I've been below the poverty line since reaching adulthood. This magic ring is the best, you guys.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite part is that teacher who taught native Americans and was talking about how he had to take responsibility for genocides. Lol can you imagine pulling some random black man off the street and demanding he take responsibility for all the crimes the black panthers committed.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Volume posted:

My favorite part is that teacher who taught native Americans and was talking about how he had to take responsibility for genocides. Lol can you imagine pulling some random black man off the street and demanding he take responsibility for all the crimes the black panthers committed.

Try the same with a Turk and Armenian Genocide.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

hell yeha Andra Nickatina

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i like rap but i fear new experiences

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i like rap but i fear new experiences

Will Smith is safe. He just samples poo poo from the 60s.. or did 20 years ago.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
show would be better if it was about :goatsecx:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
is the term 'cis males' used in this MTV original series? otherwise idc

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

https://www.twitch.tv

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

ArmZ posted:

the world would be a better place if more people had an irrational sense of guilt instead of an irrational sense of persecution and self righteousness

It would be Japan.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Fog Tripper posted:

"i remember before the plague times, when this river wasn't choked with toxic poison under a perpetually blotted hellscape"

pfft whatever grandpa you don't understand culture *has three ears, blasts skrillex*

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Volume posted:

was it this guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY16_nKORb8

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

i like the teacher in how high who teaches black history and then when method man and redman walk out hes all like YES WALK OUT IN PROTEST. IT IS YOUR TURN TO LYNCH ME. LYNCH MEEEEE

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

just so everyone is clear

Nooner posted:

being white loving owns

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
im whiteku

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

"my teenage student called me a friend of the family so obviously I had to call him one right back"

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Owned, Obamailures.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Speaking as the whitest person in the room white people are boring why does anyone want to watch anything about us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

LethalGeek posted:

Speaking as the whitest person in the room white people are boring why does anyone want to watch anything about us?

To mock and feel cooler.

• Locked thread