Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams for Hall Of Fame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

SlipUp posted:

Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams for Hall Of Fame.

This. Fisher just bypassed the concussion protocols to kill his own QB. And of course the Rams remain cheap shot headhunter fuckbags.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I feel like the Giants have been completely overlooked in the NFC East race. Maybe it's just the stuff I'm reading and listening to, but everyone only ever talks about the Eagles and STILL the Cowboys like they have a shot to win it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

NC-17 posted:

I feel like the Giants have been completely overlooked in the NFC East race. Maybe it's just the stuff I'm reading and listening to, but everyone only ever talks about the Eagles and STILL the Cowboys like they have a shot to win it.

The Giants are the generally accepted playoff spot for the NFCE, which means speculating about them going to the playoffs is boring. Everyone wants to believe The Rotting Corpse Formerly Known as the Philadelphia Eagles or Tony Romo and Dez Bryant Feat. The Cowboys can do it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

Four year bullshit. The face of your demise is *derp*

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
This rear end in a top hat http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14198899/jason-hatcher-washington-redskins-says-refs-treat-team-unfairly-nickname

This jerk at least got penalized, :owned: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14202280/marvin-lewis-cincinnati-bengals-calls-penalty-end-phantom-call

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It doesn't matter the season, Jeff Fisher is always an appropriate choice.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I didn't see much football this weekend - what did Jeff Fisher and Greg Williams do?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Duke Chin posted:

I didn't see much football this weekend - what did Jeff Fisher and Greg Williams do?

Case Keenum got concussed on a hit (you could clearly see him struggle to get up and was woobling around afterward with some balance issues), and Fisher kept him in. After the post-game presser, Fisher didn't mention a word about the concussion. Basically, he Brady Hoke'd it.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

NC-17 posted:

And even Washington (despite getting pounded by Carolina) has a better chance than the Eagles and Cowboys. They'll be leading the division with a win against New York next week!

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Duke Chin posted:

Also they have a reputation of promoting headhunting and have just coincidentally I'm sure injured four QBs this season.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

seiferguy posted:

Case Keenum got concussed on a hit (you could clearly see him struggle to get up and was woobling around afterward with some balance issues), and Fisher kept him in. After the post-game presser, Fisher didn't mention a word about the concussion. Basically, he Brady Hoke'd it.

As bad as you make it sound, I still think you're underselling it. He had to be picked up by an offensive lineman and still couldn't keep his feet. Foles knew right away something was up and started warming up.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

seiferguy posted:

Dattserberg posted:

As bad as you make it sound, I still think you're underselling it. He had to be picked up by an offensive lineman and still couldn't keep his feet. Foles knew right away something was up and started warming up.

Yeah I went and watched the video of the hit and hotbrain as he was trying to be pulled off the turf and, hah, yeah he should have been yoinked immediately. Yeesh.

SlipUp posted:

Also they have a reputation of promoting headhunting and have just coincidentally I'm sure injured four QBs this season.
Oh I'm well aware of Fisher's history despite his many, many years on the competition committee (♫ iiiiiiiiiirony ♫) I was just curious as to this particular episode of "Oh, Jeff. :allears:"

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Well in particular this weekend, same game as the Keenum poo poo, Flacco, Forsett, and Monroe were injured, the first two for the season. Sooo gently caress Jeff Fisher a bunch.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

SlipUp posted:

Well in particular this weekend, same game as the Keenum poo poo, Flacco, Forsett, and Monroe were injured, the first two for the season. Sooo gently caress Jeff Fisher a bunch.

Flacco tripped on his own player, Forsett was sort of a freak accident, no idea about Monroe. Rams have a bunch of dirty hits, but they couldn't tackle worth a gently caress in the Raven's game much less hit anyone.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Flacco was rolled up on by an olineman and a dlineman. I'm not inclined to give a Fisher/Williams defense any benefit of the doubt anymore.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

seiferguy posted:

It doesn't matter the season, Jeff Fisher is always an appropriate choice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Bump for Omar Kelly, who is so bad at his job, that Miami players have to correct his lovely tweets.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Haha

I loving love love love when Players call out Omar.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmao

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I hope Bob Kraft is going to be in the list this year for bitching out and appealing to Goodell to get the Pats 1st rounder back.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Jerry Rice

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Alter Ego posted:

I hope Bob Kraft is going to be in the list this year for bitching out and appealing to Goodell to get the Pats 1st rounder back.

You can nominate him here, post a link to the story

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

You can nominate him here, post a link to the story

Excellent. I officially nominate Robert Kraft for this story that came out fairly recently:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/pats-owner-kraft-writes-goodell-deflategate-picks-article-1.2572140

Patriots fan or no, how is this not the ultimate bitch move? Just suck it up and take the punishment. It might make the story go away sooner.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 24, 2016

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Just a heads up, running the douche thread is going to be a bit tricky for me this year because I finally have a real job that has me training two states away five days a week until mid May. I should be able to do it still, but I don't think that I'll be able to start the nominations the day after the draft like I have been in the past.

If anyone wants to be a really cool guy or gal that has enough time on their hands to take it over (30 minutes a day, tops) and run it in my place, post in this thread and I'll give you the go ahead. If not, I'll do it as soon as I'm back home more regularly.

On a personal note, my Poli Sci degree seems to be the garbage that I suspected it was because I found a fast food management gig with the fastest expanding chain in the country that pays assistant managers $60k. That's high class living in Starkville.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Just a heads up, running the douche thread is going to be a bit tricky for me this year because I finally have a real job that has me training two states away five days a week until mid May. I should be able to do it still, but I don't think that I'll be able to start the nominations the day after the draft like I have been in the past.

If anyone wants to be a really cool guy or gal that has enough time on their hands to take it over (30 minutes a day, tops) and run it in my place, post in this thread and I'll give you the go ahead. If not, I'll do it as soon as I'm back home more regularly.

On a personal note, my Poli Sci degree seems to be the garbage that I suspected it was because I found a fast food management gig with the fastest expanding chain in the country that pays assistant managers $60k. That's high class living in Starkville.

I'll help out again, man.

Don't fret, bro, my poli sci degree is also poo poo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Your knowledge of Machiavellian leadership tactics will surely help your rise to power.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm pretty good at organizing things and can help out too. For example if you want a spreadsheet made I can make the hell out of a spreadsheet. I have PMs or you can email me at my user name at gmail.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

What chain?

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

effectual posted:

What chain?

Cook Out

And thanks to those who said they'd volunteer to help. I'll figure out something in the next month and contact everyone through PMs when I do. If anyone else wants to lend a hand, just mention it in this thread.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 25, 2016

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'd also like to nominate Adam Schefter for his complete willingness to buy into Greg Hardy's crap: http://deadspin.com/of-course-adam-schefter-bought-into-greg-hardys-bullshi-1769223362

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Eh, dude has to protect and maintain his relationships in order to do the job he does.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

swickles posted:

Eh, dude has to protect and maintain his relationships in order to do the job he does.

I understand the need to swallow poo poo at times for the bigger picture, but Hardy is almost certainly out of the league and is near universally reviled around the NFL. There's no need to carry water for him here.

If anything, Schefter probably shouldn't have been the one to do the interview. Have Schaap or someone who fills the "journalist" role versus the reporting that Schefter/Mort do.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

swickles posted:

If it was an agent or a media personality, I might have understood, but Greg Hardy is just one player, and he's pretty universally reviled as a shithead.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Cook Out

And thanks to those who said they'd volunteer to help. I'll figure out something in the next month and contact everyone through PMs when I do. If anyone else wants to lend a hand, just mention it in this thread.

Congratulations! Cook Out is delicious!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
All Schefter said was it doesn't matter what he believes. He hasn't endorsed or defended Hardy's stance. Deadspin is angry because Schefter didn't act angry enough for their tastes.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

swickles posted:

All Schefter said was it doesn't matter what he believes. He hasn't endorsed or defended Hardy's stance. Deadspin is angry because Schefter didn't act angry enough for their tastes.

lol, no

Schefter posted:

I went in with the idea that this guy is a monster. I came out of there with a very different feeling. I came out of there feeling this is a guy who has managed to say the wrong things at the wrong time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

My local radio station played a 30 second clip of Hardy "explaining himself" and uh... yeah. I came out thinking he's a moron AND an abuser.

It was basically like:

Hardy: "I've never laid hands on a woman"
Schefter: "bruh, we've seen photos of bruising on your ex, everyone has seen them"
Hardy: "I'm not going to say I didn't do anything wrong..."

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 9, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Whoever loving shot will smith.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15174873/will-smith-former-new-orleans-saints-player-shot-killed-traffic-collision

I know it doesn't fit the contest criteria, but I'm saying it anyway. :colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Whoever loving shot will smith.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15174873/will-smith-former-new-orleans-saints-player-shot-killed-traffic-collision

I know it doesn't fit the contest criteria, but I'm saying it anyway. :colbert:

Hopefully he will join the ranks of Adolf Hitler, Ted Bundy, and Curtis Lemay, demons who earned their place in hell through their noteworthy douchebaggery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
A Curtis Lemay reference on my dead gay sports forum??

• Locked thread