Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I live in Massachusetts, just spent the past 5 days in Acadia Park. First time I've been here, and it's incredible. Couple things I would recommend-

Sunrise at the top of Cadillac Mountain. The entire park is open 24 hours a day, so you can get up there nice and early. Bring a blanket and flashlight. It can actually get a bit crowded.

Also on Cadillac, take a drive up late at night and check out the night sky. Acadia is one of the few places actually making an effort to have no light pollution and it shows. You can see the Milk Way and everything.

Sunset at Bass Harbor Lighthouse.

Park or take the bus into Bar Harbor and do the tourist thing, walking up and down Main St and checking out all the shops and restaurants. Killed a whole day doing that.

If your into hiking at all, do the beehive trail. If that doesn't freak you the hell out, do the precipice trail. They're pretty short but really fun and scary.

That's all I got right now. But I love this place. Do not want to go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Rojkir posted:

Wow that sounds excellent! Where did you stay?
@cheesemaster: yes metro north. Good suggestions about long island, shame we didn't consider that earlier

I stayed in Southwest Harbor. It's on the opposite side of the island from Bar Harbor, but its only a 25 minute drive over to that area, and they call it Quietside for a reason. It's definitely a lot less crowded and populated, but there's still some good places to eat.

• Locked thread