Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Ok, sorry for the delay! All caught up and ready to go.

Bid for Woodcutter with 1 Yellow Meeple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

65 keyples left. 42 skill tiles left. 19 greens not in circulation.
Player Order: Bubble-T - Broken Loose - Baron Fuzzlewhack - Millions

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Use Peddler with 2 red.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Use Alehouse with a Blue

Millions posted:

Use Peddler with 2 red.

:stare:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Bubble-T posted:

Use Alehouse with a Blue

oh gently caress you so goddamned hard

Bid on Apprentice Hall with 1 Green.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Broken Loose posted:

oh gently caress you so goddamned hard

Bid on Apprentice Hall with 1 Green.

It begins

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

65 keyples left. 42 skill tiles left. 18 greens not in circulation.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
we're, like, a turn into this game and i'm somehow totally hosed. this is amazing. i love it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Broken Loose posted:

we're, like, a turn into this game and i'm somehow totally hosed. this is amazing. i love it.

Keyflower's really rough because man there's just so much to keep track of on all sides.

My advice to a first-time player would proooobably be to not put too much stock in your winter tiles - there's other victory tiles that can be built towards much more reliably in autumn. Right now, the biggest benefit is to get tiles that will be likely to get people to use them later (because then you get more workers and thus more buying power), so dropping a green on the 'give me a skill' tile was probably a very good idea.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

It's actually really hard to be hosed this early. You'd have to deliberately overbid or something.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Bubble-T posted:

It's actually really hard to be hosed this early. You'd have to deliberately overbid or something.

Experience goes a long ways in Keyflower. I taught my friend how to play and he got absolutely destroyed by me and the other guy who has played before. Granted, I had a meeple factory in my village, but still...

This game would be a good filter as to who would become a good Sith Lord. Yesss, gently caress that guy over. Let hatred consuuume you.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I knew nothing about this game beyond its brutality before I read the rules, but after reading them this basically became an instant buy. I'm already hugely impressed. And totally groping around in the dark.

Bid on Quarryman with 1 Blue.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

^^^ That's how Stelas gets you. You're watching a pbp then all of a sudden your wallet's empty and you're staring down a box of imported cardboard and meeples.

Bid on Alehouse with 2 blue

Millions fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 17, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not sure I ever managed to get anyone to pick up a copy of Robinson Crusoe, though. Maybe Eldritch Horror.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I'm wondering who's gonna go for the reds/greens. They're ripe for the taking right now.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Bid for Peddler with a Red.

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 18, 2015

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Bid on Peddler with 2 Red.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

it begins!!!

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Just making sure appropriate prices are paid :P

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Yesssss :getin:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I'm staying out of it!

Bid on Key mine with 1 Blue.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Bid on 3rd Boat Pick with 1 yellow

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Bid on Keywood with 1 yellow

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Bid on Keystone Quarry with 1 Yellow.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Bid on 2nd Boat Pick with 1 Yellow.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Bid on Woodcutter with 2 yellow

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Here is where I remind new players that lost bids can be moved, provided they're all moved together.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stelas posted:

Here is where I remind new players that lost bids can be moved, provided they're all moved together.

Observer mode: You can use them to start a new bid, supplement an existing bid or produce. Just thought it was worth clarifying that last; sometimes people remember you can move meeples but think they have to stay in bids.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Maybe Jedit said it and I'm just dense, but you can also use a losing bid to pay for stuff when you use a tile. Eg. throw away a losing yellow bid to get a green keyple.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Bid 3 Blue on Alehouse

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

:mad:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Electric Hobo posted:

Maybe Jedit said it and I'm just dense, but you can also use a losing bid to pay for stuff when you use a tile. Eg. throw away a losing yellow bid to get a green keyple.

The rulebook isn't clear on the point, but I'm fairly sure you can only pay costs with things behind your screen. If you had a bid of 2 yellow you couldn't activate the Peddler with it because it only requires 1 and so you'd be splitting them. Stelas will have to confirm or deny that, though, it is his game.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Yeah you can use losing bids as part of an exchange but you still have to use the whole bunch. So if you have a losing bid of 2 yellows, you can use Peddler to exchange them both and you still only get 1 green.

e: Hmm, I actually can't see this in the rules. I got the ruling from the Watch it Played video.

Aston fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 18, 2015

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
It was clarified in the BGG forums. You can use losing bids in exchanges such as the Peddler, but they still get consumed "as a group", so you may not want to take the loss.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
The rulebook linked in the OP looks like the first edition. It's clarified in the 2. edition that "If workers are outbid, they can be moved elsewhere (including to other bids, to production on village tiles, or to the bag as part of an exchange) but must remain together. When moving outbid workers, a player may supplement these with other losing workers or with workers from behind their screen. Workers cannot be moved back behind a player's screen."

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Oh, so can you move two meeples from two different tiles/bids to one single bid elsewhere in one turn? Or is it strictly one tile >> one tile?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Yes, you can combine all the losing bids that you want to.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
That's quite useful, thanks for the clarification!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Use Keystone Quarry with 1 Yellow.

• Locked thread