Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what should be done with the childrens
keep them locked up in a box
let them run free
some kind of compromise
View Results

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
coke is garbage :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Just wanted to state again for the record that op has self-identified as someone who drinks pepsi

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Pepsi :laffo:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
If women weren't so selfish (again) they would keep the kids inside for a bit longer so that they come out older and easier to manage. But no, they have to drop them when they're at peak annoyance level.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

if you dont familiarize your child to public spaces they become the type of mouthbreather who complains about children on an internet forum

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

if you dont familiarize your child to public spaces they become the type of mouthbreather who complains about children on an internet forum

there is an elegant solution to both of these probalems, which , is to not have children

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

there is an elegant solution to both of these probalems, which , is to not have children

That is mad elegant dawg good call

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

thathonkey posted:

That is mad elegant dawg good call

thank you friend :)

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i wish I had like a hundred children so I could throw them at you , op

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
poors love them babies

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

i wish I had like a hundred children so I could throw them at you , op

thats at least Ahundredfux

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also I am all for keeping children out of nice restaurants and bars and places that should be quiet and stuff, but it sounds like you were at some fast food chinese food place, akin to mcdonalds, so I don't think you can really have any expectations. Same thing with the icecream man, who plays childrens music over his vans PA because children are the target market for ice cream truck ice cream

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

poors love them babies

idiots everywhere, not just poor idiots, cant help but to spawn.

It's almost as if there is deeply engrained biological hard wiring that compels us to do so

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

good

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

JakeP posted:

Yo this mother fucker called an ice cream truck an ice cream van XD

What the gently caress is chocolate flake? What do you mean raspberry sauce with your pudding? Do you already have pudding and you are buying sauce from the ice cream man? What is a Mr Whippy? Is that pudding?

In America we have ice cream trucks because selling ice cream is a job done by professionals. They drive a truck cause it's real work. In Britain they have ice cream vans because in Britain ice cream is sold by pedophiles from vans.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

thathonkey posted:

idiots everywhere, not just poor idiots, cant help but to spawn.

It's almost as if there is deeply engrained biological hard wiring that compels us to do so

you can still get some birth-control and the lizard brain won't know the difference

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

In America we have ice cream trucks because selling ice cream is a job done by professionals. They drive a truck cause it's real work. In Britain they have ice cream vans because in Britain ice cream is sold by pedophiles from vans.

I'm picturing an F150 that has a bed filled to the brim with breyers.

p erotic

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JakeP posted:

also I am all for keeping children out of nice restaurants and bars and places that should be quiet and stuff, but it sounds like you were at some fast food chinese food place, akin to mcdonalds, so I don't think you can really have any expectations. Same thing with the icecream man, who plays childrens music over his vans PA because children are the target market for ice cream truck ice cream

i frequent a pub/brewery (because its real close) and all the hipster parents bring their spawn in to run around screaming while they sip their double ipas

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

i frequent a pub/brewery (because its real close) and all the hipster parents bring their spawn in to run around screaming while they sip their double ipas

i fuckin hate millennials

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
"These are my kids Adler, Attyson, Kierson, Bastian, Zaiden, Chesney and Jaydien! Aren't they cute! I had all of them over the shortest timespan possible and drag them screaming and making GBS threads everywhere! And I'm pregnant! Little baby Brook'Lynn is going to be the one who finally brings meaning to my life, I just know it!"

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
the hormone changes that parents go through when thye have a kid that makes them think its the greatest fuckin thing ever are disgusting and they should al be on meds so they can view their children as annoying little fucks like everyone around them imo

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

the hormone changes that parents go through when thye have a kid that makes them think its the greatest fuckin thing ever are disgusting and they should al be on meds so they can view their children as annoying little fucks like everyone around them imo

they should have minimum mandatory sentences for this kind of junkies too

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Well if you don't think my little Brayden and Jayden aren't the cuuuutest things ever than I am sorry for you. People who don't have kids are selfish. Don't you know that? *proceeds to pump out more consumers*

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

A misanthrope posted:

Well if you don't think my little Brayden and Jayden aren't the cuuuutest things ever than I am sorry for you. People who don't have kids are selfish. Don't you know that? *proceeds to pump out more consumers*

adopt a kid if u arent a selfish prick

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

JakeP posted:

Yo this mother fucker called an ice cream truck an ice cream van XD

What the gently caress is chocolate flake? What do you mean raspberry sauce with your pudding? Do you already have pudding and you are buying sauce from the ice cream man? What is a Mr Whippy? Is that pudding?

I'm glad you asked Barbara, it's a stick of flakey Cadbury milk chocolate a Mr whippy is just regular ice cream van whipped ice cream and the ice cream itself is the pudding it's another word for dessert hope this helps.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

adopt a kid if u arent a selfish prick

But they HAVE to have MY DNA!!! MINE!! MEE ME ME ME MEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEME

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i don't give a poo poo about passing my genes/DNA on because I'll still be dead

sorry, lizard brain

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

But they HAVE to have MY DNA!!! MINE!! MEE ME ME ME MEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEME

a legacy of 500 million years is hard to override. I get this part

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Having kids won't make you immortal. If you just want to leave a legacy, get your name on a library or a park bench or something.

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

Decebal posted:

If women weren't so selfish (again) they would keep the kids inside for a bit longer so that they come out older and easier to manage. But no, they have to drop them when they're at peak annoyance level.

women, amirite guys? :jerry:

Decebal posted:

you can still get some birth-control and the lizard brain won't know the difference

wtf is a lizard brain do people have a lizard brain if so why aren't we compelled to sun ourselves on rocks all day

A misanthrope posted:

"These are my kids Adler, Attyson, Kierson, Bastian, Zaiden, Chesney and Jaydien! Aren't they cute! I had all of them over the shortest timespan possible and drag them screaming and making GBS threads everywhere! And I'm pregnant! Little baby Brook'Lynn is going to be the one who finally brings meaning to my life, I just know it!"

hahaha! whew! that's like every parent ever! I give this post three jerrys for its excellent observational skills :jerry::jerry::jerry:

haha yeah can you imagine how awesome it would be if all children were universally despised I mean I spontaneously generated from a pile of old nes cartridges so I have no stake in the matter but lol!!!

Moridin920 posted:

i don't give a poo poo about passing my genes/DNA on because I'll still be dead

sorry, lizard brain

again with the lizard brain still not sure what this means as I've never once detached a body part to distract predators no matter how scared I was

dad gay. so what posted:

i fuckin hate millennials

this guy gets it

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

Having kids won't make you immortal. If you just want to leave a legacy, get your name on a library or a park bench or something.

or a sovereign nation

or a character in an isometric RPG

or a lunar rock formation

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

google THIS posted:

again with the lizard brain still not sure what this means as I've never once detached a body part to distract predators no matter how scared I was

youre missing out my man

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

google THIS posted:

haha yeah can you imagine how awesome it would be if all children were universally despised I mean I spontaneously generated from a pile of old nes cartridges so I have no stake in the matter but lol!!!

i think we can all agree the world would be better if none of us were born or spontaneously generated

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

or a sovereign nation

or a character in an isometric RPG

or a lunar rock formation

i'm working to be the first to have all of these

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Decebal posted:

a legacy of 500 million years is hard to override. I get this part

Eukaryotic life has been loving for a lot longer than since the Cambrian Explosion. But even back then the parents knew when to let their children have a bit of space to wander around and get into poo poo and face the consequences of that, even if back then it meant getting eaten by some trilobite that literally only ate the babies of other trilobites and consumed nothing else.

Point is, it's helicopter parenting that's making you all have a problem with kids. Basic way of doing things is you set kids boundries, and you loving say "No!" to them once in a while. And then you let them do things on their own once they're old enough, like make their own breakfasts and lunches and do laundry and buy poo poo if they want it. If kids had to interact with adults, like buying stuff at a store, without mommy (and mommy's solicitor) backing them up, they'd be a hell of a lot more polite.

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

i think we can all agree the world would be better if none of us were born or spontaneously generated

lol speak for yourself bro :grin:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

google THIS posted:

lol speak for yourself bro :grin:

nah man its time

its time to do the right thing

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i think you probably shouldnt take children to fancy restaurants but wok and go doesnt sound that fancy to me

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

IronClaymore posted:

Eukaryotic life has been loving for a lot longer than since the Cambrian Explosion. But even back then the parents knew when to let their children have a bit of space to wander around and get into poo poo and face the consequences of that, even if back then it meant getting eaten by some trilobite that literally only ate the babies of other trilobites and consumed nothing else.

Point is, it's helicopter parenting that's making you all have a problem with kids. Basic way of doing things is you set kids boundries, and you loving say "No!" to them once in a while. And then you let them do things on their own once they're old enough, like make their own breakfasts and lunches and do laundry and buy poo poo if they want it. If kids had to interact with adults, like buying stuff at a store, without mommy (and mommy's solicitor) backing them up, they'd be a hell of a lot more polite.

its too late for this, hosed up parents raising fcuked up kids to be hosed up parents,

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"I don't understand socializing"

- goons, r/childfree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

i think the real question here is why do people become parents if they can't handle their demon spawn.

kids are going to be kids. it's on the adult to learn to discipline correctly. it's like, "BUT WHY IS THE DOG BARKING ALL THE TIME SHUT THE DOG UP OH MY GOD THE DOG SUCKS" when the owner has never indicated in an effective way to the dog that barking all the time and loudly is bad.

children don't suck, about 80% people's parenting sucks.

• Locked thread