Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

http://hrwiki.org/wiki/Pistols_For_Pandas_%28organization%29

Nice to know that his organization's still going strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Holy poo poo that panda
Endangered species my rear end

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

That panda seems pretty pleased with his right to bear arms.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
That's some pretty badass wildlife, geeze. :stare: And it's not even a regular tiger, but a sabre-toothed one.

Combat Lobster posted:

ddegenha posted:

Yep. He eats shoots and leaves.

:cripes:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Combat Lobster posted:

But who has the right to arm bears?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dasmause posted:

Holy poo poo that panda

You can't arm them enough to make more pandas just appear out of thin air! :argh:

Also, holy poo poo that is way more intimidating a set of mobs than I was expecting to see just starting out.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Dragonball has always been about giant-rear end monsters inhabiting the wilderness.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
And that's one reason I think this game's so great. It really uses the setting well. Visiting Orin Temple as Krillin was a smart choice.

Also "Panda monster with a revolver" fits right in with all the other monsters and demons that just seem to wander around the Earth's wilderness of DB. :allears:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Realism? Not in DB/DBZ! :v: Considering it's a series where we have balls of the dragon that summons a giant gently caress off dragon, PHYSICAL GODS and talking cats, I'm good with a panda with a gun. Not to mention all the animal people who are pretty much there to add to the scenery.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

dasmause posted:

Holy poo poo that panda

Pandas are endangered because they just suck at breeding, or anything not involving eating and sleeping.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Silegna posted:

Pandas are endangered because they just suck at breeding, or anything not involving eating and sleeping.

I've never been too busy shooting martial artists to take a break for some breeding.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Silegna posted:

Actually, they really suck at eating, too. One of the major problems with pandas is that they basically still have carnivore intestines, and gain barely any nutrition from bamboo. But for whatever reason (genetic quirk, lack of prey, abundance of bamboo, inability to taste savory?) they just gave up on meat two million years ago, and kinda half-assed modifying their digestive tract. So they have to eat fourteen hours a day just to stay alive.

Pandas: Not entirely terrible at sleeping.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Who lives in the east in the bamboo woods?
Second Amendment Panda!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
If you go out in the woods today, you're in for a big surprise.
If you go out in the woods today, bring Kevlar and protect your eyes.
Beneath the trees where nobody sees
He'll pull out his gun and shoot out your knees
Today's the day the dangerous panda kills you!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm just going to leave this here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

Don't do that, put it in the update too! Honestly! LPers just leaving their gifs all over the floor willy-nilly with no thought for other people. :v:

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Where did the punster go when he was defeated? The "punitentiary"!

AnotherGamer posted:

http://hrwiki.org/wiki/Pistols_For_Pandas_%28organization%29

Nice to know that his organization's still going strong.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to have that come to mind.

Honestly, this LP is off to a great start. I can only imagine it getting better from here on out. :allears:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

RareAcumen posted:

Don't do that, put it in the update too! Honestly! LPers just leaving their gifs all over the floor willy-nilly with no thought for other people. :v:

"I swore I left my gif somewhere around here... Oh well, I'll make 5000 more and just leave them lying around!"

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Keeshhound posted:

"I swore I left my gif somewhere around here... Oh well, I'll make 5000 more and just leave them lying around!"

LPers

No sense of right and wrong

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
I'm sure Krillin doesn't know how to fly yet at this point of the story.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mkwong98 posted:

I'm sure Krillin doesn't know how to fly yet at this point of the story.

Yamcha, Tien and Krillin all knew how to by the end of Dragon Ball

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mateo360 posted:

Yamcha, Tien and Krillin all knew how to by the end of Dragon Ball

We're not at the end of Dragonball yet. If my memory's correct we're in between the King Piccolo arc and the Piccolo Jr arc. Krillin first demonstrates levitation during the latter arc's Tenkaichi Budokai. Then can levitate at this point however. Yamcha sucks and doesn't matter.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Tien was able to levitate during his introduction; no one else showed that ability until after Piccolo fell.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Leavemywife posted:

There are quite a few things to love about this gif. Krillin's face, the bear's smug face, the gigantic claws on the Granda Bear there, his super-fly vest...

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
This thread reminded me that I needed to get caught up on DBZA.

It was only two episodes but they were everything I could have hoped for. :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

RickVoid posted:

It was only two episodes but they were everything I could have hoped for. :allears:

The use of Shadow of the Colossus music was loving inspired.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Some Numbers posted:

The use of Shadow of the Colossus music was loving inspired.

Seriously, they never get enough credit for the choices of music and stuff like using the original sound effects. It makes it feel a hell of a lot more professional than any number of abridged series'. That, and some of the legitimately badass one-liners.

"Oh, hang on, I think I see a light."

"WALK TOWARD IT!"

*deathsplosion*

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Seriously, they never get enough credit for the choices of music and stuff like using the original sound effects. It makes it feel a hell of a lot more professional than any number of abridged series'. That, and some of the legitimately badass one-liners.

"Oh, hang on, I think I see a light."

"WALK TOWARD IT!"

*deathsplosion*

"Seriously, what the gently caress's a Kami?!"

"It means God. Now bow."

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Tien's awesome.

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014

BattleCattle posted:

Tien's awesome.

Honestly, that episode was like, the only part of the Cell saga I really remember all that well from when I was a kid, aside from right at the end when Gohan kills him. I remember watching Tien blast the poo poo out of Cell and I was all, "I know he's definitely not gonna kill him 'cause Gohan does later but holy poo poo."

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Brewsuke posted:

Honestly, that episode was like, the only part of the Cell saga I really remember all that well from when I was a kid, aside from right at the end when Gohan kills him. I remember watching Tien blast the poo poo out of Cell and I was all, "I know he's definitely not gonna kill him 'cause Gohan does later but holy poo poo."

Even tien knows he can't kill cell at that time, he is literally killing himself in one of the most epic delaying actions I've ever watched by beam spam stun-lock piledriving Cell into the ground with his life force using super attack.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

That scene was like the one thing I perfectly remembered from my childhood before I rewatched DBZ.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RickVoid posted:

"Kiko-gently caress yourself.":worship:
DBZA Cell saga is almost (almooosssst) matching the frieza saga for funnies.

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"Kiko-gently caress yourself.":worship:
DBZA Cell saga is almost (almooosssst) matching the frieza saga for funnies.

I think Cell's shaping up to be absolutely hilarious.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brewsuke posted:

One more top notch episode like the last two and it'll be better.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Brewsuke posted:

His voice actor doing an impression of the Wishmaster during Cell's first form, then the "BBBBbbbbbbbb" fun in the second form sold me. Cell's been really good.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Not to interrupt Abridged chat, but I won't have an update tonight. I'm at work until midnight, so it'll come tomorrow.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
You could fill a thread with nothing but Abridged quotes. Some of the jokes have been so slow burn that we're just finally getting the pay off now:

Goku: Paragon until death!
Vegeta: You ruined it!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

RickVoid posted:

You could fill a thread with nothing but Abridged quotes. Some of the jokes have been so slow burn that we're just finally getting the pay off now:

Goku: Paragon until death!
Vegeta: You ruined it!

Remember Tom from Myspace? He appeared last episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

Not to interrupt Abridged chat, but I won't have an update tonight. I'm at work until midnight, so it'll come tomorrow.

Depending on how long this LP goes, it may be anywhere from one to seven or beyond that times that we'll run through every quote in DBZA.

• Locked thread