Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

See, in hindsight the main reason like 75% of programmers got into programming in the first place is that they were really into video games when they were kids, and now those particular kids are the only ones that can manage to get decent jobs in the 2010s economy. Take that, Gary :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

The Far Side definitely hosed up my brain.

However the worst thing about the Far Side are all the lovely knock-offs it spawned.

Remember Close To Home?

god, Close To Home sucked

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Melmac posted:

lol what? It's pretty much common knowledge that video game programming is poo poo pay, poo poo security, poo poo hours, complete poo poo work.

I don't see how this is in any way relevant to what I said :confused:

Kids get really into video games, they get curious about how they are made, they learn to program, they go to college, they get a job somewhere in tech as the only type of professional that can actually find a job in the 21st century. Regardless of whether the job they end up getting is in games (and tons of people still want those jobs regardless of work hours or security because they like games that much), one of the most popular reasons anyone gained an interest in programming in the first place is because they liked games as a kid. See: the majority of the CS department in my college class, myself included.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 14, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In which farmers are racist to cows

• Locked thread