Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I think the kid who voiced baby Grizz is the same one who voices Catbug on Bravest Warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

People are still posting ugly anime versions of cartoon bears? Lol
personally i don't wanna see em anymore.

Those were good eps by the way.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Y-Hat posted:

personally i don't wanna see em anymore.

Those were good eps by the way.

I personally want to see an anime human Panda drawing an anime character. SO META.

Also, best episode of the week was Emergency.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to calm down."
"Okay okay I'm sorry! ...How do you get a crab off of a polar bear?"
*click*

"The internet says that if we don't get this treated it could get all swelly and infected! There... might even be pus involved."
"Is that a photo?"
*click*
"OH JEEZ NO WHY?!" :gonk:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ShadowCatboy posted:

I personally want to see an anime human Panda drawing an anime character. SO META.

Also, best episode of the week was Emergency.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to calm down."
"Okay okay I'm sorry! ...How do you get a crab off of a polar bear?"
*click*

"The internet says that if we don't get this treated it could get all swelly and infected! There... might even be pus involved."
"Is that a photo?"
*click*

That was pretty great. So true to life.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

EccoRaven posted:

My roommate and I were a little annoyed that they weren't babies from the beginning because that episode was so freaking cute it was almost painful.

I hope they do tons more episodes showing the baby bears. It's so cute I want to explode.

ThermoPhysical posted:

I think the kid who voiced baby Grizz is the same one who voices Catbug on Bravest Warriors.

Yep, and also Baby Panda. I knew I found the voice familiar.

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 20, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm sure there will be more baby bear episodes. They'll probably want to tell us how the bears got to the Bay Area. More non-Nom Nom cuteness for everyone!

ShadowCatboy posted:

"Is that a photo?"
*click*
I'd like to believe that they wanted to make a nod to Goatse with that joke. Probably not, but who knows.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Y-Hat posted:

I'd like to believe that they wanted to make a nod to Goatse with that joke. Probably not, but who knows.

I sort of brought this up earlier but I think it's just a reference to how googling any disease/medical condition will always bring up graphic extreme cases of said disease.

That's the neat thing about this show, it mixes the silly and the lowkey.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like baby bears are back this coming week:

https://youtu.be/mZmveDrdkAE

Edit:

:siren: :siren: Correction! Another full 5 days of episodes coming up this week! :siren: :siren:

ShadowCatboy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 2, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Poor Charlie. Even though he's oblivious to the point of being annoying, he just wants to be left alone.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a specific reference the writers were working towards in Tote Life where the Bears became creepy warped tote bag hermits? It seems familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I don't know if there's a specific reference. They were probably just garden-variety shut-ins.

I don't think you need to spoiler that, either, seeing as it already aired. There's not much in the way of storyline on this show to begin with.

Edit: Tonight's a "Panda doing online dating" episode. If we've already had one of those episodes, I haven't seen it.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 5, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I relate more to charlie than perhaps I should.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

EccoRaven posted:

I relate more to charlie than perhaps I should.

I think we all have a little Charlie in us.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
drat, that last episode with the baby bears was sadly adorable.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

PicklePants posted:

drat, that last episode with the baby bears was sadly adorable.

The baby bears are so cute, but the episodes with them have a lot of sad parts.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So I was watching Emergency with my cousins and my sister the other day and sis pointed out this little detail that went unnoticed (check the background):

That's right. The bears passed by a vet when trying to wheel Ice Bear to a hospital. Twice. Technically it was like four or five times because the animators reused the background multiple times but whatever

Also, if you guys missed the humanified bears, http://askgrizzles.tumblr.com/ is taking up the slack!

Also here's Nom Nom, Chloe, and Charlie for ya.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

p hosed up to imply chloe isn't a human tbqh

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

please stop posting tumblr fan art

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Nice nod to Cameron and the Seurat when Ice Bear first spots the ad for the albino alligator. :3:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

ShadowCatboy posted:

So I was watching Emergency with my cousins and my sister the other day and sis pointed out this little detail that went unnoticed (check the background):

It's not actually a "little" detail. It was immediately obvious at the time.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i like the tumblr fanart

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
There's also a new short up, Log Ride: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWNEc1Igadg

Also this is all I can find as a sneak peek for tonight's episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh8g0X4DEIg

EDIT: Correction, sorry. Looks like the Cupcake episode is on tomorrow, and there's only one more episode after that before this first half-season wraps up.

ShadowCatboy fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 12, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i like the tumblr fanart
I'm not one to judge (well... maybe a little), and I'm not trying to backseat mod here, but wouldn't PYF be a better place for it? I just like the show and talking about it. Just link to the Tumblr of the person who makes the humanized bears and call it a day.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Y-Hat posted:

I'm not one to judge (well... maybe a little), and I'm not trying to backseat mod here, but wouldn't PYF be a better place for it? I just like the show and talking about it. Just link to the Tumblr of the person who makes the humanized bears and call it a day.

i don't like your posts

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
I don't care about the fan art one way or another, but it seems like the thread would be better off if folks who didn't like the art just moved on and didn't post about it, because then it would just be one post to scroll past instead of several arguing about it :shrug:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Now I understand why fandoms love to bully fanartists into committing suicide. Because it means less lovely fanart to clutter up good threads for good shows.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Ice Bear is sick of your bickering.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Flobbster posted:

I don't care about the fan art one way or another, but it seems like the thread would be better off if folks who didn't like the art just moved on and didn't post about it, because then it would just be one post to scroll past instead of several arguing about it :shrug:

Yeah that's what the Steven Universe thread kept suggesting. People don't listen and kept complaining and the thread became 100% that fight and now it is gone.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It was quite common to post fanarts in the ATLA and Korra threads. Gives something to munch on between episodes & seasons.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Flobbster posted:

That seems fair enough to me. Live and let live.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm the OP I think the fanart is a little strange but I don't mind it being posted at all because I am not a goony goon just a regular goon.

also I don't really use my tumblr very often so imo post fanart here and as long as it's not actually terrible it's better than nothing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It would be better if the fanart wasn't trumblr anime imitation trash.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

It would be better if the fanart wasn't trumblr anime imitation trash.

you're right, they need to step up and produce the genuine article of tumblr anime trash, not an imitation

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

sup guys just prompted a fight on the internet about a cartoon about cute dumb bears

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This week on We Bare Bears, Grizz develops an eating disorder.

wuthering
Oct 31, 2012

I think the anime girl body pillow that Panda both owns and feeds is a more pressing concern at this point in time.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I didn't expect this cartoon to weigh in on the topic of race, but here we are.

Also, anime is bad.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I love it when the show enters into bear facts time. I wonder if they'll ever bring up raccoons since they're known as Wash Bears in most languages (and have been historically associated with bears...for some reason.)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Paladinus posted:

I didn't expect this cartoon to weigh in on the topic of race, but here we are.

Also, anime is bad.
Apparently, Panda disagrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

What piece of merchandise is the California flag with the bears on it supposed to be? Whatever it is, I want it. Also the Ice Bear t-shirt.

• Locked thread