Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I know it's v weird and I'm not really sure what's going on!

p bad reasoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

nah, it's as good as any other way

HURRY UP Grandi tell us your shark powers
Got stuck in meetings then had lunch.
Scum, don't read this, you gotta pinky swear.

I'm a PGO, don't visit me. I will eat you.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can either of you come up with an explanation for how you are town and feral animals? I know we can't copy pms or anything but mine implies you are both scum for your flavour if you're both telling the truth

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Can either of you come up with an explanation for how you are town and feral animals? I know we can't copy pms or anything but mine implies you are both scum for your flavour if you're both telling the truth

my flavor does not suggest this even a little bit

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

my flavor does not suggest this even a little bit

mine could be interpreted that way, but it's not so blatant as to make me think they would have to be scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yes because d1 with no real pressure is the best time for scum to come out and say they're scum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm pretty sure the scum are non-native species and the town are native species.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm pretty sure the scum are non-native species and the town are native species.

Yeah, and I suppose feral stuff can still be native feral stuff

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Yes because d1 with no real pressure is the best time for scum to come out and say they're scum

Of course not, don't be an rear end. But someone could slip up and not realize their non-traditional scum flavor was actually scummy.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Of course not, don't be an rear end. But someone could slip up and not realize their non-traditional scum flavor was actually scummy.

I hadn't considered this before. Good point.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm keeping my vote where it is because regardless of pig lying about being a pig i dont like how kash is trying to use a word he wrote referring to someone else's action (sniffing) as part of his own flavor. doesn't compute.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm keeping my vote where it is because regardless of pig lying about being a pig i dont like how kash is trying to use a word he wrote referring to someone else's action (sniffing) as part of his own flavor. doesn't compute.

##vote Kumba

No really, this is still a real vote. Kumba is the scum.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
nope

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

lol ##vote kumba

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
excellent contribution

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Contribution: your vote is bad and you're more willing to be cool with someone lying than someone awkwardly bread crumbing.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Contribution: your vote is bad and you're more willing to be cool with someone lying than someone awkwardly bread crumbing.

pig lying is not indicative of his alignment hth

you said someone else was "sniffing" around and then tried to use that action to refer to yourself. i think you looked back at words you wrote and shoehorned a flavor out of it when pressed, it's as simple as that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And then didn't bat an eye at someone claiming the same thing?

I'm not nearly as good at mafia as you give me credit for.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i dont know what your first line is referring to

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

i dont know what your first line is referring to

pay attention Kumba

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pig claimed a flavor I had just claimed, and I didn't flinch at it. That should be telling. Pig even said he just wanted to see if he could catch me lying but clearly believed me after the fact.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hmph. that's actually a good point.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
And the whole conversation started in the first place because Kash sorta mostly kinda hesitated to reveal his flavor, which I don't think is scummy behavior either. Not yet. We don't really know if flavor indicates role or not in any meaningful way, it's a little early to be swinging out with

Unless you are talking about flavour claiming which I think we should all do for kicks

I don't personally know yet if the dingo is a serial killer and the pig is a cop* and the opossum can play dead or whatever. My flavor does actually feel a little bit tied to my role, so fishing for flavor strikes me in a not-so-fresh kind of way.

*Because pigs have such a good sense of smell, not because cops are pigs

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I agree with Lunatic, if I hadn't full claimed I wouldn't have flavor claimed. Probably.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty confident role and flavor aren't really related

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I a shark!!!

Also, people should look closer at Kumba, he is looking for reasons to pounce on things rather than trying to find scum. His motivations and his heart are impure.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
true

##vote Kumba

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Hal Incandenza posted:

At least tell us you have a *~*POWER ROLE*~*

ahahaha i haven't seen this in a long time, Grandi is in this game yay~

i'm home from my professional development megaday and i'm catching up mafia thread~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

sounds like you're sniffing around for roles to me

such an early serious callout, kasuno! space oddity~

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Grandicap posted:

I a shark!!!

Also, people should look closer at Kumba, he is looking for reasons to pounce on things rather than trying to find scum. His motivations and his heart are impure.

that's not true at all

it was a dumb gotcha i'll admit, but you can't say my vote on kitiara was "looking for reasons to pounce on things" and those are the only two votes i've made, so

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno feeling more defensive and less earnest scumhunting Kashuno than I remember from my last few games with him.

Lunatic, what do you think, we just had a three way spat in Bullshit where we were all town, does this look the same to you?

I like MCEd for town. I am getting a ~vibe~ from Hal that I need to reread him on.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, I think Hal is scum. ##vote Hal

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Yeah, I think Hal is scum. ##vote Hal

I'm sure you've got a good reason and I want to hear it

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Quidnose posted:

Kashuno feeling more defensive and less earnest scumhunting Kashuno than I remember from my last few games with him.

Lunatic, what do you think, we just had a three way spat in Bullshit where we were all town, does this look the same to you?

I like MCEd for town. I am getting a ~vibe~ from Hal that I need to reread him on.

There's definitely some awkward day 1 fumbling for footing going on. Kash comes off as pretty shaky in defending himself, but Kash is kind of a shaky dude even (especially?) when he's town.

I think I might be reading something off kilter between the lines here in general, but I don't think I have enough to introduce a theory off of. I am sort of curious what the Hal feels are about.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Morning folks. What did I miss as Anidav, Timezone explorer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Silly stuff

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I feel like Kumba has done something very similar before and flipped town anyways. Kumba, does this feel familiar at all?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am confused. :sparkles:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I'm sure you've got a good reason and I want to hear it

~gut~

yuming posted:

I am confused. :sparkles:

What do you think about Hal, yuming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lunatic Sledge posted:

There's definitely some awkward day 1 fumbling for footing going on. Kash comes off as pretty shaky in defending himself, but Kash is kind of a shaky dude even (especially?) when he's town.

I think I might be reading something off kilter between the lines here in general, but I don't think I have enough to introduce a theory off of. I am sort of curious what the Hal feels are about.

I'm not a huuuuuge fan of this post.

• Locked thread