Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

I feel like Kumba has done something very similar before and flipped town anyways. Kumba, does this feel familiar at all?

i very rarely get lynched d1 but when i do it's because of something stupid, so probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's not very Quid of Quid to be ignoring the elephant in the room at -2, like a scumbo that doesn't know how to interact with it for fear of either me tooing or putting a late vote on someone he knows to be town

Quid are you scum

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

i very rarely get lynched d1 but when i do it's because of something stupid, so probably

mafia edit: when i say "something stupid" i am referring to me doing something stupid, not that the case on me is stupid

though i think in this case both me and the case are stupid, as it were

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

~gut~

What do you think about Hal, yuming?

This doesn't sit with me very well from a town quid perspective

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidnose posted:

What do you think about Hal, yuming?
I am confused... I don't know what I think about anyone.

Are there scums, what is a scum even~

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Quidnose posted:

I'm not a huuuuuge fan of this post.

And I'm not a huuuuuge fan of gut calls.

If it's about my something off-kilter, I'm just getting hung up on flavor calls still. People are claiming feral, non-feral, native and non-native animals without any issue, making me wonder what the hell the scum actually are. Flora and a tough climate?

Right now I'm looking at MC for flavor chasing before we really had settled on how important that is, and Kumba for some pretty hard (and not entirely sensible?) chasing. And for just nonchalantly brushing off someone outright lying on day 1.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Can either of you come up with an explanation for how you are town and feral animals? I know we can't copy pms or anything but mine implies you are both scum for your flavour if you're both telling the truth

Kumbamontu posted:

my flavor does not suggest this even a little bit
I like Kumba he is a stand up guy. I refuse to vote for him and implore others do to the same.

MCED however I do not like no sir.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Lunatic Sledge posted:

If it's about my something off-kilter, I'm just getting hung up on flavor calls still. People are claiming feral, non-feral, native and non-native animals without any issue, making me wonder what the hell the scum actually are. Flora and a tough climate?

Right now I'm looking at MC for flavor chasing before we really had settled on how important that is, and Kumba for some pretty hard (and not entirely sensible?) chasing. And for just nonchalantly brushing off someone outright lying on day 1.
Who is outright lying?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Lunatic Sledge posted:

like i said before, pig lies all the time, so that is irrelevant. my chasing kash was pretty dumb, yeah.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

Who is outright lying?

he's talking about pig flavor-claiming pig

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

yuming posted:

Who is outright lying?

Pig did, but it was just to poke around at Kash. I squint pretty hard when town lie about anything, though.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Right now I'm looking at MC for flavor chasing before we really had settled on how important that is

Sorry can you clarify what you mean here

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Kumbamontu posted:

I think it's not very Quid of Quid to be ignoring the elephant in the room at -2, like a scumbo that doesn't know how to interact with it for fear of either me tooing or putting a late vote on someone he knows to be town

Quid are you scum

I noticed people were voting Kashuno for pretty stupid reasons but didn't know he was at -2. I was more concerned with analyzing content than analyzing votes, Kumba, you should know how I work, especially D1.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pig lies. Last game with him I played he claimed a n0 perfect cop. Granted that was to get himself lynched but still

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Pig did, but it was just to poke around at Kash. I squint pretty hard when town lie about anything, though.
BUT WHAT IS A TOWN EVEN.

I am not suspicious of Cpig's flavor-whatevers.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

I noticed people were voting Kashuno for pretty stupid reasons but didn't know he was at -2. I was more concerned with analyzing content than analyzing votes, Kumba, you should know how I work, especially D1.

I am at -2. I was talking about me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

You're really dropping the ball here dude he's talking about himself

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lunatic Sledge posted:

This is also a weird followup.

You start by soft-calling me out for my gut call, but that was on Hal. Has absolutely nothing to do with you, so I assume you're going to talk about Hal, but you instead come out defending yourself for crap I wasn't even paying attention to, but now I am because you're hardcore trying to push this flavor issue and explain how you're not suspicious for doing so. Was anyone even saying that?

And then you go on to keep pushing this flavor issue. This seems like trying to get the conversation back on disctraction town.

##vote Lunatic

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh hey, it is Kumba, not Kashuno. Well someone got a lot of votes who's name started with a K and had h's, n's, and o's in it.

I don't think you understand how little I cared about those votes. The case on Kumba is bad to the point that I'm not even really paying attention to it. The case on Kushano is better and I could understand those votes more but well, here we are.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I thought you just said people were voting kash for stupid reasons quid

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Man, Pig did lie in my last game, too, and he was town then. Dishonesty is not conducive to healthy relationships, Capitalist Pig.

Sorry can you clarify what you mean here

Your role/flavor combo probably tells a different story than mine, but I was in no way confident out the gate that role and flavor weren't connected, and fishing for roles without knowing if they're important or not does not make me comfortable. People are now pretty well agreeing that flavor's not that relevant, but that was kind of a stiff call to make that quick in the game.

Quidnose posted:

This is also a weird followup.

You start by soft-calling me out for my gut call, but that was on Hal. Has absolutely nothing to do with you, so I assume you're going to talk about Hal, but you instead come out defending yourself for crap I wasn't even paying attention to, but now I am because you're hardcore trying to push this flavor issue and explain how you're not suspicious for doing so. Was anyone even saying that?

And then you go on to keep pushing this flavor issue. This seems like trying to get the conversation back on disctraction town.

##vote Lunatic

I soft called you on Hal because I like explanations for things (you still haven't given much of one, either). I tried to elaborate when you said you didn't like my post, but didn't say why, so I guessed. I wasn't going to bring it up if I didn't think it was relevant. I'm not all that gung-ho about it being a thing, but people keeping asking me to clarify poo poo I said, so I guess I'll keep clarifying? You're calling me out on elaborating my thought process, while mixing up names and making 100% gut calls. What the hell, Quid.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Two things can be stupid and one can be much stupider but that's a weird hedge IMO

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Meow meow meow meow.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I soft called you on Hal because I like explanations for things (you still haven't given much of one, either). I tried to elaborate when you said you didn't like my post, but didn't say why, so I guessed. I wasn't going to bring it up if I didn't think it was relevant. I'm not all that gung-ho about it being a thing, but people keeping asking me to clarify poo poo I said, so I guess I'll keep clarifying? You're calling me out on elaborating my thought process, while mixing up names and making 100% gut calls. What the hell, Quid.

Uh, nothing about your post mentions Hal or asking me to elaborate on him. You're retroactively adjusting your post to fit a narrative that didn't occur.

What do you accomplish by elaborating on why you aren't scummy rather than asking me "why don't you like my post?" That's an incredibly odd reaction. It looks more like a scum member going "poo poo, Quid is suspicious, gotta cover" rather than a town member going "what the gently caress is Quid doing."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Two things can be stupid and one can be much stupider but that's a weird hedge IMO

What do you mean? How am I hedging?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Your role/flavor combo probably tells a different story than mine, but I was in no way confident out the gate that role and flavor weren't connected, and fishing for roles without knowing if they're important or not does not make me comfortable. People are now pretty well agreeing that flavor's not that relevant, but that was kind of a stiff call to make that quick in the game.

There's obviously a kind of cute role connection to my flavour but I don't think it's obvious enough to make flavour fishing that problematic, and I'm not seriously going to vote someone for not flavour claiming d1

The point is my alignment is native fauna aligned and feral pigs and cats don't fit into that at all. My obsession with flavour came after yuming openly claimed cat. It's weird and I think there are other plays here but I want to know if I'm the only person whose alignment is specifically native aligned because I seem to be the only one weirded out by this

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Quidnose posted:

What do you mean? How am I hedging?

Just by saying that you kind of understand the kash votes, even if they're stupid

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I don't have a solid grip on Hal one way or the other, which is why I'm hoping for some sort of story on the "gut call." I'm all ears, I just don't see what I guess you're seeing.

poo poo, I still don't know what you didn't like about that post you called out of mine in the first place. I guess I'll ask now! Why didn't you like my post, Quid?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I could go into why I have a gut call on Hal, but I won't, because I want him to contribute more. Then it becomes more than gut and more on content. I don't want to speak more on it honestly because it's just a gut call based on many, many games I've played with Hal (he's probably the person I've played Mafia with most) and I want to see more from him without influencing his play with specific opinions currently. Hence, "gut."

I don't get how you aren't seeing why I didn't like that post because I've explained twice now, Lunatic, and your followup post is also reading incredibly weird to me in the way you're asking now. Feels like buddying. I don't like how you're engaging on this issue, it looks like someone who has been caught.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Just by saying that you kind of understand the kash votes, even if they're stupid

I mean, I kind of understand the Kash votes because in my reread I pointed out that the way he jumped in seriously was weird and his subsequent play has been odd. I don't think anyone deserves to be at -2 right now, because it's early, and that would be a stupid thing to do.

The two don't really have anything to do with each other. I don't understand the Kumba votes so I think they are stupid votes, not stupid choices regardless of someone's scumminess.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

There's obviously a kind of cute role connection to my flavour but I don't think it's obvious enough to make flavour fishing that problematic, and I'm not seriously going to vote someone for not flavour claiming d1

The point is my alignment is native fauna aligned and feral pigs and cats don't fit into that at all. My obsession with flavour came after yuming openly claimed cat. It's weird and I think there are other plays here but I want to know if I'm the only person whose alignment is specifically native aligned because I seem to be the only one weirded out by this
Yea who else is weirded out!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Uhhhh, what's going on with you, yuming?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Quidnose posted:

I could go into why I have a gut call on Hal, but I won't, because I want him to contribute more. Then it becomes more than gut and more on content. I don't want to speak more on it honestly because it's just a gut call based on many, many games I've played with Hal (he's probably the person I've played Mafia with most) and I want to see more from him without influencing his play with specific opinions currently. Hence, "gut."

I don't get how you aren't seeing why I didn't like that post because I've explained twice now, Lunatic, and your followup post is also reading incredibly weird to me in the way you're asking now. Feels like buddying. I don't like how you're engaging on this issue, it looks like someone who has been caught.

You went on a tangent about my follow-up. I mean this post, that you weren't a huuuuuge fan of.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

There's definitely some awkward day 1 fumbling for footing going on. Kash comes off as pretty shaky in defending himself, but Kash is kind of a shaky dude even (especially?) when he's town.

I think I might be reading something off kilter between the lines here in general, but I don't think I have enough to introduce a theory off of. I am sort of curious what the Hal feels are about.

Where I didn't push hardcore about the flavor thing (that like three other people are acting weird around/discussing/catering their behavior in lieu of), and really did just voice curiosity about the Hal case. You know, that one, the first one you mentioned.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidnose posted:

Uhhhh, what's going on with you, yuming?
I'm a cat I'm a cat I'm a cat.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I get Quid's not wanting to mention more of his Hal reasoning for now. I do, however, feel like he's stumbling a bit. Then again my first game with Quid he was town and stumbled hard at first, so I don't know if it is reason to doubt him just yet.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lunatic Sledge posted:

You went on a tangent about my follow-up. I mean this post, that you weren't a huuuuuge fan of.

Where I didn't push hardcore about the flavor thing (that like three other people are acting weird around/discussing/catering their behavior in lieu of), and really did just voice curiosity about the Hal case. You know, that one, the first one you mentioned.

You're right, I didn't explain that initial post. My bad.

Waffle on Kashuno without making a call, dismissing yourself from poetntially being wrong because you're "not reading well," and a final two sentences that were hard for me to parse. The last isn't damnable, but the first two aren't great, nor is your response~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I get Quid's not wanting to mention more of his Hal reasoning for now. I do, however, feel like he's stumbling a bit. Then again my first game with Quid he was town and stumbled hard at first, so I don't know if it is reason to doubt him just yet.

For what it's worth I got almost no sleep last night and just came off of 8 hours of listening to people talk about education theory at me all day. I'm pretty loving wiped so I apologize if I'm not being super coherent.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Yeah, I'm cool with waiting to see more from Hal, but latching onto me for being weirded out about ~flavor~ when other people are voicing confusion (or lying, or whatever) about the whole thing... I dunno, it's some weird stuff. Not looking at votes and totally confusing names because you KNOW who you WANT doesn't feel like good town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lunatic Sledge posted:

This struck me the wrong way. It seemed like a way to pick a fight with Quid over pedantic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Gut calls are good gut calls are the best.

##vote Grandicap

• Locked thread