Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Games in week 1 are in the books and we're that much closer to real football.

Packers secondary looked sharp. 2nd round pick Rollins broke up 4 passes by my count. Undrafted rookie Gunter also got a pick.

DE Pennel played really well. The defense caused 7 sacks which is either a good sign for the defense or a real bad sign for the Patriots.

3rd round WR Montgomery had a really nice catch that was ruled an incompletion, but also had a drop.

Bahktiari had a rough night, as did Barclay. Clinton Dix was a bit to overaggressive on pursuit partially leading to Gray's 50 yard TD.

All in all, lots to be happy about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

TubeStank posted:

Games in week 1 are in the books and we're that much closer to real football.

Packers secondary looked sharp. 2nd round pick Rollins broke up 4 passes by my count. Undrafted rookie Gunter also got a pick.

DE Pennel played really well. The defense caused 7 sacks which is either a good sign for the defense or a real bad sign for the Patriots.

3rd round WR Montgomery had a really nice catch that was ruled an incompletion, but also had a drop.

Bahktiari had a rough night, as did Barclay. Clinton Dix was a bit to overaggressive on pursuit partially leading to Gray's 50 yard TD.

All in all, lots to be happy about.

don't forget eddie lacy was in for ten seconds and killed 20 defensive linemen

midwat
May 6, 2007

Josh Boyce is a tire fire.

It seems like he's never in the right place to catch the ball and, when he is, he never catches it. It's hard to believe he's stuck with the Pats for this long.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Obviously preseason, but

- I really think the Patriots will have issues defending the run up the middle.
- Garoppolo looks accurate
- Malcolm Butler looks really good
- Josh McCown owns

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Raku posted:

don't forget eddie lacy was in for ten seconds and killed 20 defensive linemen

tryn'a focus on new / depth guys, mostly, but lacy averaging 7.2 yards per carry was pretty neat yeah

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Blitz7x posted:

Obviously preseason, but

- I really think the Patriots will have issues defending the run up the middle.
- Garoppolo looks accurate
- Malcolm Butler looks really good
- Josh McCown owns

none of their starting DTs ever went in though and their edge guys looked pretty good. I don't recall Hightower ever playing either and he was the guy they had loving plugging up Marshawn

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Raku posted:

none of their starting DTs ever went in though and their edge guys looked pretty good. I don't recall Hightower ever playing either and he was the guy they had loving plugging up Marshawn

If that's the case then nevermind, I thought their starters were in

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Can this be the new background of TFF

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Blitz7x posted:

Yeah there was a point where pretty much the only starter the Pats had in was Brady. Then on defense it was like they had whole position groups they were just trying the depth guys out for (DT, LB).

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

two injuries for green bay:

te justin perillo got a concussion
s kyle sebetic has an ankle injury that doesn't seem to be serious

no complaints

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Ameer Abdullah looks fuckin phenomenal

midwat
May 6, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

You could still be right. DTs Malcom Brown (the guy the Pats drafted to replace Wilfork) and Dominique Easley are both unknown quantities, and it's not like the run D was any good last year even with Wilfork.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

3rd-string QB runs it in for a game winning TD with 2 seconds left

Feels good

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Saints' tackling looking as good as expected.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
wth is wrong w/ his face lol

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
rivers looks like a cartoon character IRL

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

gbaby posted:

rivers looks like a cartoon character IRL

He is cool and good

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Extremely pleased by the Packers tonight.
Still looks like the D has issues with the run, maybe, but eh.

Thought Hundley looked crisp and have been eager to watch him.
I think he develops into the #2 spot, maybe even by the end of preseason over Tolzien. Maybe.

Everything else seemed, well, really solid. I didn't see anything egregiously bad happen other than normal pre-season stuff.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

niles paul done for the season

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Aw, yeah.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

TubeStank posted:

drat

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TubeStank posted:

the real ancient burial ground curse on the redskins is the inability to keep a decent tight end ever.

fred davis - humongous idiot
jordan reed - concussion magnet
niles paul - apparently committed to a position this year rather than just being a slightly larger WR and then snaps his ankle.

Cooley is almost definitely coming back, and while Cooley owns, I think he's like 45.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fitzpatrick had 2 good throws and ivory looked good. everyone else played bad. go jets.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TubeStank posted:

So all the skins TEs are now dead?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TubeStank posted:

@bmcnally14
Niles Paul has an ankle fracture and dislocation: "It's a huge loss for us" Gruden said. Season-ending injury
Gruden says "there is a chance" that Logan Paulsen is out for the season, too.
Gruden says possible MCL and ACL tear for reserve running back Silas Redd. Tough night.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

axeil posted:

So all the skins TEs are now dead?

paul's out, logan paulson probably needs surgery, some rookie got hurt today too, and jordan reed is on the roster as a tax write-off at this point

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Chris James 2 posted:

@bmcnally14
Niles Paul has an ankle fracture and dislocation: "It's a huge loss for us" Gruden said. Season-ending injury
Gruden says "there is a chance" that Logan Paulsen is out for the season, too.
Gruden says possible MCL and ACL tear for reserve running back Silas Redd. Tough night.

Silas noooo :(

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

shiksa posted:

paul's out, logan paulson probably needs surgery, some rookie got hurt today too, and jordan reed is on the roster as a tax write-off at this point

So Yes.

Well that sucks.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Golden Tate to the HoF, please.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

:toot: :toot:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
God Abdullah just looks so good. I love how decisive he is changing direction - dude is untouchable with just a few inches of space.

In pats news:
- even our depth guys have clearly been practicing some misdirections on defense. Masking vanilla stuff is sort of pointless but it's good practice.
- I liked what I saw from edge rushers.
- the O-line depth was having issues, but not as much as the run stuffing in the middle. Hightower should help there but even without him things looked squishy.
- James White could be a good player if he kept his goddamned focus up for more than half his snaps.
- Please just cut Boyce. He was a disaster.
- The loss of Vereen might be a problem for Jimmy G. He seemed unsettled in the pocket yet somehow remained oblivious to pressure. He really needs a veteran pass-blocking RB. I'm hoping they're at least considering signing Bradshaw, if only for those first four games.
- I love that Gostkowski still gets that pumped about a preseason field goal.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Torn whether to keep supporting my boy Tolzien or to switch to the Hundley side :ohdear:

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015

cant tell if lions good or jets really bad

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Lessail posted:

Torn whether to keep supporting my boy Tolzien or to switch to the Hundley side :ohdear:

Tolz owns

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
If I had to bet on it, Tolzien keeps the #2 spot this year, Hundley at #3, UWW guy on practice squad, and next year they cut Tolzien and bump the other two up a peg.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Washington team better sign Cooley and put that loving case of beer in the contract this time

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Pats D is gonna be awful.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Eifert Posting posted:

Pats D is gonna be awful.

It's a really young group, they could potentially gel through the season and improve. They had some impressive 4th down stands against the Green Bay #1 offense. The flashes of brilliance matched the flashes of stupid for them today - Fletcher had a 1 on 1 against Davante Adams that he played absolutely perfectly, and then later in the game tackled two of his own teammates to let a 4th string RB score. Chandler Jones still looks beastly.

Garoppalo looked thoroughly unimpressive, I thought. He did fine on the short little inside slants, but there could have been 3-4 more interceptions on the outside routes from a 1st string defense. It probably didn't help that Boyce was godawful, but the throws were bad in the dangerous way, too far inside on outside routes, too short on deep routes, etc.

Packers o-line wasn't giving Rodgers time to throw, way too many rushers in his face. The run offense looked good. Kind of weird to say I didn't see as much of the backups as I would have liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
Both Tolzien and Hundley looked really good, but I wouldn't be surprised if either of them got traded off to a QB-needy team at some point in the next couple of years for a good draft pick

• Locked thread