Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Thursday night on ESPN, he gets the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Smith looked like poo poo in the first preseason game and he forced two deep throws that he didn't have the skill to make and one was a pick. Reid should be smart enough to not let him to do that poo poo so let's hope it dies out real quick.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
What is real life

quote:

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 44m44 minutes ago
Perusing PFF's PS W1 ratings. Some interesting ratings. For example, the top offensive first-team player? RG J'Marcus Webb at +1.8. #Raiders

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

God that's why it looked so familiar
I thought it was hyperbole when I was reading the GDT thread, but watching it myself he really did remind me of JaMarcus, beyond just that coincidence. Bad line/collapsing pocket not helping things, questionable throws into double/triple coverage, made worse by poor accuracy on intermediate throws...but ok on longer throws when the receiver has space.

But on the plus side for him, he did seem to have better pocket awareness and enough mobility, and at least the short throws looked ok.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Blitz7x posted:

He looked okay. Those first throws were wonky but he settled in

And after those first few throws is when Minnesota took out their starts and he started playing better.

Bucs left most of their starters in for the entire first half, Minnesota didn't.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

What is real life

quote:

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 44m44 minutes ago
Perusing PFF's PS W1 ratings. Some interesting ratings. For example, the top offensive first-team player? RG J'Marcus Webb at +1.8. #Raiders

Mike Tice is a loving level Gandalf Master Wizard White Walker King

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
poo poo that bothers me about Jameis Winston, football skills and being a rapist thief aside?

Bitch, you went 9/19 with an INT. With starters stacked around you for what looked like all of the first half, to make your debut look good against opponent's 2nd and 3rd stringers. Yet dude still seems to think he's the #1 draft PROSPECT in full on kissing the babies mode. He's aaalllll about excuses, "oh it was just a preseason game, bla bla". You're not the one who should be making that excuse, sleazebag. What the gently caress are you gonna say when you lose a regular season game, or ten?

I bet the Bucs fans are going to be well tired of him before the season is over.

pigdog fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 16, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Are you okay?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mariota didn't make excuses for his mistake :smug:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I like the way Abdullah jumps through the line.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pigdog posted:

poo poo that bothers me about Jameis Winston, football skills and being a rapist thief aside?

Bitch, you went 9/19 with an INT. With starters stacked around you for what looked like all of the first half, to make your debut look good against opponent's 2nd and 3rd stringers. Yet dude still seems to think he's the #1 draft PROSPECT in full on kissing the babies mode. He's aaalllll about excuses, "oh it was just a preseason game, bla bla". You're not the one who should be making that excuse, sleazebag. What the gently caress are you gonna say when you lose a regular season game, or ten?

I bet the Bucs fans are going to be well tired of him before the season is over.

he is literally Satan

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Metapod posted:

Mariota didn't make excuses for his mistake :smug:

I like how Mariota was pissed at himself for his mistakes. Carr did the same thing then thanked his savior 40 times.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Ehud posted:

he is literally Satan

I very much enjoy rooting against him, that is true.

Not saying Mariota is necessarily better at football, but least he wiped a stupid smile off his face and didn't make excuses for getting rear end-beat.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
They might as well make these 4 preseason games actually count with the way people get overly worked up about them.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cruel and Unusual posted:

ive seen edison films with better frame rate than this

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

goc posted:

They might as well make these 4 preseason games actually count with the way people get overly worked up about them.

If noone else, it would probably be a good idea for rookie players to take them seriously.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

pigdog posted:

I see you are in week 4 cole form.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I can't think of anything to say about Loadholt's injury that doesn't sound like a cliche. Dude was having a great camp and it's a toss up between who was better, he or Sullivan. Sucks that he's out and I hope Clemmings can mature quickly. Is it strange that an OT is one of your favorite players?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Darth Brooks posted:

Is it strange that an OT is one of your favorite players?

Walter Jones is my favorite player of all time

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Orlando Pace made the Greatest Show on Turf work and it's a goddamn shame loving Jerome Bettis made it into the hall before him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TNG posted:

it's a goddamn shame loving Jerome Bettis made it into the hall.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Darth Brooks posted:

Is it strange that an OT is one of your favorite players?
I've always been a fan of Lincoln Kennedy. Who has been a Farmers insurance agent since 2009 and had a food eating challenge record at some restaurant according to Wikipedia.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

I'm excited for the Lions. I mean, this season is going to end in heartbreak the way it always does, but at least it should be fun to watch.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

Smith looked like poo poo in the first preseason game and he forced two deep throws that he didn't have the skill to make and one was a pick. Reid should be smart enough to not let him to do that poo poo so let's hope it dies out real quick.
I was pretty skeptical about his new found throwing prowess he supposedly had, and looks like we were right. It was nice to see him take a shot deep, even if it feel incomplete, but he still has his typical habits. He needs to still be more patient and be willing to step up in the pocket to deliver a throw before taking off on a run.

The INT was a rushed throw as Knile Davis completely missed the guy he was suppose to pick up on protection and Avant apparently running a different option than Smith thought. In an actual game, he takes the sack. I had more of a problem with him tossing a 3 yard pass to Albert Wilson on 3rd and 5 with Wilson at a dead stop and a defender sitting one yard behind him. The line was holding up well enough for him to not panic into making the wrong read and delivering that pass late in result. Wouldn't be an issue if he didn't have a huge problem with throwing before the sticks on 3rd down.

Guessing he will be about a 3500 yard passer with 19/10.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

TNG posted:

Orlando Pace made the Greatest Show on Turf work and it's a goddamn shame loving Jerome Bettis made it into the hall before him.

This is a very correct thing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I watched a ton of bitter Seahawks/Rams games in the mid-00s, and even with all the skill position firepower on display, Big Walt and Orlando Pace were always the two best players on the field.

it's a crime Pace didn't get in the HOF this year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
@movethesticks
Winston was better than I thought. 3rd 14, hits 40 yd deep ball..3rd 10, strike to VJ (no catch)..3rd 7, scramble TD. 2 scoring drives.

@movethesticks
Couple other positives for Winston: escaped 3 pressures and also stood tall and took some big hits in pocket. He will continue to improve.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

He's lucky he has a coach with no emotion because I think 98% of them would take one look at how he's carrying that ball and stroke out while beating him half to death with a clipboard.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There are rumors of QB controversy in Santa Clara. Apparently everyone loves Blaine Gabbert now.

Is Jed trying to crash and burn the team for insurance fraud? What the gently caress is happening?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Jed is trying to lower human overpopulation the only way he can.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Oh my god yes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I mean it was just some rear end in a top hat on Twitter who said it, but seriously, I wouldn't put it past Jedward et al at this point.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Whoah there motherfucker

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

If Jed York's really Springtiming for Hitler this, then I hope Tomsula turns out to be the best coach in NFL history.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Josh Robinson is good. We might miss him in Starkville more than I thought.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

wandler20 posted:

@movethesticks
Winston was better than I thought. 3rd 14, hits 40 yd deep ball..3rd 10, strike to VJ (no catch)..3rd 7, scramble TD. 2 scoring drives.

@movethesticks
Couple other positives for Winston: escaped 3 pressures and also stood tall and took some big hits in pocket. He will continue to improve.

The preseason rationalization begins

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
So, I finally had the chance to watch the Bills game. Pro-tip: recording preseason games owns, because knowing the outcome doesn't matter and watching commercials stuffed into meaningless football is painful. But you probably already knew that. In any case, our quarterbacks looked surprisingly good. After the horror stories out of camp, all four quarterbacks played well. Tyrod won the night: he was electric, and, aside from one poor decision to run for it on a 3rd-and-long, had an excellent outing. But Cassel and Manuel played well too. The former looked like a competent game manager. The latter had issues, but they were mostly not his fault(he did have one of his trademark ugly misses though), and his touchdown pass to Deonte Thompson was picture-perfect. Even Matt Simms did alright in limited time: he had a good scramble, and an additional good scramble and a long pass play called back on phantom penalties.
I really don't understand the hate getting heaped on Manuel, at least on the basis of this pre-season game. But I would definitely give the edge to Tyrod in the QB battle at this time. Especially since the staff seems to be eliminating Manuel already.

As far as other things, John Miller and Cyrus Kouandjio had good nights on the line. Karlos Williams and Bryce Brown(eternal back-up to Shady) had strong outings, and the first-team defense was positively stifling. Marqise Goodwin was up-and-down: it seemed like one play he was dropping an easy ball and the next he was making a big play. Hogan had a bit of a rough outing as well. Aside from Clay, the TEs were pretty bad. Lots of drops. Ronald Darby was tormented by Carolina's quarterbacks and giant receivers all game. IK got blown up by a camp-body TE.
Also, having not seen him since he was with the Browns, Derek Anderson was surprisingly not-terrible.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Coldforge posted:

Goal line stand was amazing. Also so what.

Jerryd Hayne is a good punt/kick returner

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Only important poo poo to happen this week was Tebow's touchdown...

Oh and Sanchez burying himself and sliding down to 3rd string.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I mean it was just some rear end in a top hat on Twitter who said it, but seriously, I wouldn't put it past Jedward et al at this point.

Please don't compare noted douchebag Jed York with the cool and handsome Irish boy band Jedward

• Locked thread