Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So I am sitting at work and saw they were cleaning the mens bathroom and was like "welp, I'll just go into the womens" but then the cleaning person came out and opened the mens and I went in there.

I got to thinking, would I get in trouble for doing that? I mean its the same toilet, just in a different room, right?

I ask my supervisor and he didn't really know. He said I'd get in trouble but didn't know how or why. I mean, what policy is it violating? You're not going in there to spy on women, you're not going in there to j/o or whatever, you just had to take a poo poo or piss in the other room.

Is it against the law? I don't think so.

Is it sexual harassment? I'm not sure how that can be unless you think going to the bathroom is itself a sexual act in a restroom, somehow?

Is it grounds to discipline someone for violating social norms? I'm not sure that would hold up either.

Goons, should I go do it just to see what happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Just do it. You gotta go you gotta go

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
theres going to be a lot of pearl clutching about potential assaults itt and it will be bad. sorry about your thread, op

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a lot of places I've worked consider that sexual harassment yeah

idk it depends on the bathroom; there's those bathrooms that are just the one room one toilet one sink and a locked door and I feel like there isn't an issue with those but if you're hanging out in a stall while women go in and out of the regular bathroom that's probably no bueno

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Men and women can work in the same office sure, but relieve themselves? That's where we draw the line. You wouldn't let a lifeguard save your drowning daughter would you? Same deal.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

You wouldn't let a lifeguard save your drowning daughter would you? Same deal.

this actually happened (in some arab country)

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

blowfish posted:

Thats probably why he said it. GOD drat DUDE.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

blowfish posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
At conventions I often use the men's restroom because it's less busy. No one's ever stopped me.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Pick posted:

At conventions I often use the men's restroom because it's less busy. No one's ever stopped me.

lol not getting it

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

a lot of places I've worked consider that sexual harassment yeah

idk it depends on the bathroom; there's those bathrooms that are just the one room one toilet one sink and a locked door and I feel like there isn't an issue with those but if you're hanging out in a stall while women go in and out of the regular bathroom that's probably no bueno

Well not "hanging out". Like the women come and go, come and go, you're in there poopin it out, and thing are fine. Then you open the door, wash your hands, and AGAGHOAIHFIOASHASASH!!!???

I don't see the issue here other than pearl clutching as someone said.

How is that sexual harassment?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Well not "hanging out". Like the women come and go, come and go, you're in there poopin it out, and thing are fine. Then you open the door, wash your hands, and AGAGHOAIHFIOASHASASH!!!???

I don't see the issue here other than pearl clutching as someone said.

How is that sexual harassment?

that in of itself isn't but I think all the peeping tom weirdos who were hanging out jacking it or whatever ruined it for everyone else so now it's just a blanket 'don't go into the opposite gender bathroom'

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

blowfish posted:

If that's your gimmick I'd run with it. Stating the obvious gets people gnashing their teeth and ripping their hair out

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I watched that South Park episode and maybe you should just use whatever toilet you're most comfortable using?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Piss out the window like the guys in the boardroom do

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

this whole thread is just like when people say "is it really wrong is an 18 year old high school kid dates an under 18 high school kid? therefore do we need age of consent laws at all??"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just bring your own unisex bathroom sign and put it wherever you need it OP.

Now they don't have a leg to stand on.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Commie NedFlanders posted:

this whole thread is just like when people say "is it really wrong is an 18 year old high school kid dates an under 18 high school kid? therefore do we need age of consent laws at all??"
apples to oranges imo but i see your point

oldpainless posted:

Just bring your own unisex bathroom sign and put it wherever you need it OP.

Now they don't have a leg to stand on.
gbs presents a good idea. :aaa:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno.

"Sorry we had to let him go. Why? Oh no, he was a GREAT worker! Real leader on the team! Made everyone feel special. Nah, we had to let him go because he. Well...he um. How do I put this. He used the WRONG BATHROOM. No, no, no, no the other one was under going maintenance and no one else was around so he took a dump in the ladies room. Mary came in, saw the masculine shoes and let us know, and, well, we wanted to avoid a lawsuit. Good worker, just sat in the wrong stall"

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Why can't you just go poo in front of the cleaning ladies?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
just have your cellphone recording video so you'll have proof if they try to fire you for any hanky panky

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why is it considered a "sexual harassment" situation if I take a piss in the womens room, but if someone is checking out dongs in the mens room its not the same thing. Seriously you're more likely to be made to feel uncomfortable from standing next to someone pissing then sitting in a separate stall.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
OP were you making poops or peeps?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Jastiger posted:

So I am sitting at work and saw they were cleaning the mens bathroom and was like "welp, I'll just go into the womens" but then the cleaning person came out and opened the mens and I went in there.

I got to thinking, would I get in trouble for doing that? I mean its the same toilet, just in a different room, right?

I ask my supervisor and he didn't really know. He said I'd get in trouble but didn't know how or why. I mean, what policy is it violating? You're not going in there to spy on women, you're not going in there to j/o or whatever, you just had to take a poo poo or piss in the other room.

Is it against the law? I don't think so.

Is it sexual harassment? I'm not sure how that can be unless you think going to the bathroom is itself a sexual act in a restroom, somehow?

Is it grounds to discipline someone for violating social norms? I'm not sure that would hold up either.

Goons, should I go do it just to see what happens?

i feel you OP, the other day i took a poo poo in the janitors closet because its closer to my office and for SOME reason that means they have grounds to fire me

pretty bullshit

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
One time I was as at a bus station (crazy, right?) and it was pretty early in the morning and I was tired so as I went to the bathroom I didn't even notice that I'd accidentally walked into the ladies restroom instead of the men's. As soon as I got inside and noticed there were no urinals I realized my mistake though and there was a middle aged asian lady in there who saw the confusion on my face and just started giggling. Then I high tailed it out of there and into the men's room.

Well that's my story thanks for listening. I wasn't arrested or anything.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I think people will understand if there are extenuating circumstances (diarrhea), but if you're just going in there because you want to then yeah you will probably get in trouble.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I've worked as a janitor and cleaned them both, people need to get over it.

Jastiger posted:

Why is it considered a "sexual harassment" situation if I take a piss in the womens room, but if someone is checking out dongs in the mens room its not the same thing. Seriously you're more likely to be made to feel uncomfortable from standing next to someone pissing then sitting in a separate stall.

Whistling while using the urinals isn't good either.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Jastiger posted:

You sound like a loving retard and should be shot in the head regardless of which bathroom you feel like using, imho.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Just tell them you're a troon without your make-up. And stopping you from going to the ladies is genderly unequal

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jastiger posted:

Once legit had a guy peek over the urinal divider at my junk. I just shook it around and gave him a little show. I still relish the look of shock and awe on his face.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

I think people will understand if there are extenuating circumstances (diarrhea), but if you're just going in there because you want to then yeah you will probably get in trouble.

Why though? I don't get the why?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
one time I was drunk and in a gas station and had to piss and some fuckerlord was monopolizing the men's room so I went to the vacant lady's room because I figured they'd rather I do that than have to deal with a drunk guy pissing all over the floor

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jastiger posted:

That's what Im saying. Its why I always change in the womens locker room at the gym.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Jastiger posted:

You're a broken human being. Do us all a favor and end it already.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
as a wise man once said: when you gotta go you gotta go

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if I'd get in trouble if I just went in there to wash my hands.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jastiger posted:

Because unless you can demonstrate that you're not in there trying to take candid upskirt pics, society assumes that's why you're there.
Also get ready to really have your mind blown: a woman would almost certainly never get in trouble for using a men's room.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Because unless you can demonstrate that you're not in there trying to take candid upskirt pics, society assumes that's why you're there.
Also get ready to really have your mind blown: a woman would almost certainly never get in trouble for using a men's room.

I was going to go there next, but wanted to focus on the bathroom thing in general.

My boss said I"d get in trouble for using it, but couldn't articulate why. Sounds like some of the stupid poo poo against gay marriage. Its just non existent silliness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Just tell them you're a troon without your make-up. And stopping you from going to the ladies is genderly unequal

i read a story about a city that either did or is trying to create a law to fine people like $250 if they question someones bathroom choice

• Locked thread