Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TidyHole
Apr 23, 2015
I've been reading "The Disaster Artist" and Wiseau's behavior keeps reminding me of a high functioning autisic: difficulty with empathy towards other people and understanding what empathy is, tendency to focus and obsess on specific fixtures and things despite not having the ability to do anything with that knowledge, his desire for other people to know nothing about him/distancing himself. On the other hand it's mentioned the dude has been in several car accidents, two of which were extremely bad, so it's possible he suffered brain damage and that accounts for his behavior.

What do you think idiot savante or just plain idiot remember he has made a movie and you have not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Yes

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
no

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
He's foreign.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
who is tommy whatever ?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
and

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
He is an immortal vampire, but dont tell anyone or he will bite me.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sometimes genius is unbound by temporal cultural strictures

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the room was pretty good imo

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
an idiot masterpiece of a person

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I met him and yes he is weird and that book is not an exaggeration.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Its spelled "auteur"

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Same poo poo right?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh hi Mark

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I made a movie with your mom op

naem
May 29, 2011

stabbing

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

he is an angel.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

spud posted:

Oh hi Mark

Hai doggy.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

TidyHole posted:

What do you think idiot savante or just plain idiot remember he has made a movie and you have not.

I made a movie. It was with your mother she is good at sex

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i wish he would follow fellow luminary james nguyen and be more prolific

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
IIRC he grew up in Poland and had a really lovely childhood, then he got to America and somehow made a shitload of money (possibly through a Sugar Daddy) and finally he decided he wanted to become a successful actor/producer/director. I don't he's autistic, just a sad guy who wanted to escape from his lovely life.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
He spent like 85% of the 6 million dollar budget on painkillers and spent all the time he wasn't on screen slumped in a chair in the side of the set.

Periodically he'd stir and vaguely wave his arm about and mutter "more spoons. more spoooooons" and then lapse back into his torpor. Then, rested for his sex scene with lisa and that thing in her neck he'd climb aboard.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

TidyHole posted:

I've been reading "The Disaster Artist" and Wiseau's behavior keeps reminding me of a high functioning autisic: difficulty with empathy towards other people and understanding what empathy is, tendency to focus and obsess on specific fixtures and things despite not having the ability to do anything with that knowledge, his desire for other people to know nothing about him/distancing himself. On the other hand it's mentioned the dude has been in several car accidents, two of which were extremely bad, so it's possible he suffered brain damage and that accounts for his behavior.

didnt read

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I wish someone or something would get my dick hard and suck it off :(

naem
May 29, 2011

dad gay. so what posted:

I wish someone or something would get my dick hard and suck it off :(

same (the same) (a laidy)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What if Tommy was vampire?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

me underwears

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
He was sent down by God to give us a message. Unfortunately God communicates on a level that is above our comprehension so we don't understand what it is.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He's foreign.

why wont he admit to being Polish?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

TidyHole posted:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

TidyHole posted:

You don't understand anything, man. Leave your stupid comments in your pocket!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Linux Pirate posted:

me underwears

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

mfw reading this thread

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
it's called a retard. hes a retard

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

it doesn't matter, he's more famous and successful, his creative works more celebrated and viewed than literally anyone posting in this forum

the question is not what's wrong with him, it's how can we be him

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tommy Wiseau adds you back on facebook. His movie is funny too.

However the complete mystery surrounding his past and origins is worrisome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chaosbreather posted:

it doesn't matter, he's more famous and successful, his creative works more celebrated and viewed than literally anyone posting in this forum

the question is not what's wrong with him, it's how can we be him

What about Dr Derek Smart Phd.

• Locked thread