Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The issue is clearly with the women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ultimately your sense of worth should come from you, not from your interactions with other people.

If you get rejected you have to feel like it's her loss, not yours, and legit believe it.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Zzulu posted:

The issue is clearly with the women

I never said that. I'd be just as concerned about creepshaming if I were gay.

Moridin920 posted:

Ultimately your sense of worth should come from you, not from your interactions with other people.

If you get rejected you have to feel like it's her loss, not yours, and legit believe it.

What? How on earth could I believe it would be their loss unless through massive self-delusion?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Benny Harvey posted:

What? How on earth could I believe it would be their loss unless through massive self-delusion?

Because if you're someone with interesting hobbies and poo poo to talk about and things to offer then it really is their loss. Obviously you're not at that point now so I'm saying self-improve until you can at least somewhat believe that. Your self image is obviously very poor and you should work to improve it.

You yourself said you have no hobbies or interests so you don't have poo poo to talk about. What makes you think anyone is going to want to be in a relationship with that? Would you want to date someone that you just gently caress sometimes and couldn't carry a conversation otherwise?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm a refined obese gentleman on antidepressants. I have no goals, interests or hobbies. I spend my cash on whores. I'm only interested in women who are way hotter than me.

Why are women rejecting me?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i didn't have sex in high school, but instead of playing video games and crying i learned stuff and built up skills and hobbies i could be proud of.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Because if you're someone with interesting hobbies and poo poo to talk about and things to offer then it really is their loss.

Not necessarily and thinking so is kinda vain imo.

Moridin920 posted:

You yourself said you have no hobbies or interests so you don't have poo poo to talk about. What makes you think anyone is going to want to be in a relationship with that? Would you want to date someone that you just gently caress sometimes and couldn't carry a conversation otherwise?

I actually don't care about getting a girlfriend beyond fulfilling my social obligations so I probably will start dating someone that I just gently caress sometimes and couldn't carry a conversation otherwise (ie. another train-wreck like me).

Zzulu posted:

I'm a refined obese gentleman on antidepressants. I have no goals, interests or hobbies. I spend my cash on whores. I'm only interested in women who are way hotter than me.

Why are women rejecting me?

Jokes on you buddy, women don't reject me anymore.

Because I don't try.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i didn't have sex in high school, but instead of playing video games and crying i learned stuff and built up skills and hobbies i could be proud of.

What skills and hobbies?

e: also it seems like very few people I've met have hobbies.

Benny Harvey fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 21, 2015

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
well, do you create anything? do you write, make music, draw, build stuff, whatever else?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

i am whole foods. posted:

well, do you create anything? do you write, make music, draw, build stuff, whatever else?

No.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

kill urself

Zeroville
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

Benny Harvey posted:

What skills and hobbies?

Most people don't. It's so funny how goons of all people are trying to pretend that missing out on your formative friends and not having friends, social experiences, and girlfriends is no big deal. If you missed out on that you will never be a complete human being no matter how much weight you can lift, or how many adult arts and crafts groups you belong to. Keep loving coping losers. No amount of adult kickball games will ever make up for being sixteen and not making sweet love to your high school sweetheart, and being completely in love.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Benny Harvey posted:

What skills and hobbies?

mostly music writing/production stuff, some writing, building electronics, etc. whatever kept my attention.

i don't think i've met anyone without any hobbies. have you asked these people about what they're interested in?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

mostly music writing/production stuff, some writing, building electronics, etc. whatever kept my attention.

i don't think i've met anyone without any hobbies. have you asked these people about what they're interested in?

Good point. I'm too afraid to really get to know people because then that's one more person that knows what a waste of space I am.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Benny Harvey posted:

Not necessarily and thinking so is kinda vain imo.

Nah. I'm not saying be a cocky douche, I'm saying legit think you are a good person with good things to offer other people. If you don't think that then you need to self examine.

I mean if you just think you're a piece of poo poo and hoping someone will eventually ignore that then you're right you won't ever have a girlfriend.

quote:

I actually don't care about getting a girlfriend beyond fulfilling my social obligations so I probably will start dating someone that I just gently caress sometimes and couldn't carry a conversation otherwise (ie. another train-wreck like me).

I mean idk what to tell you anymore. You're like fundamentally so invested into this persona you've crafted for yourself that it should be obvious why people reject you out of hand. You think people can't tell you're depressed and desperate?

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

do you want to?

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014
i lost my butt virginity to jarde fogle in elementary school

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Benny Harvey posted:

Good point. I'm too afraid to really get to know people because then that's one more person that knows what a waste of space I am.

Like at this point you're either a gimmick or you are depressed and need some help besides a girl to gently caress you.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Nah. I'm not saying be a cocky douche, I'm saying legit think you are a good person with good things to offer other people. If you don't think that then you need to self examine.

I mean if you just think you're a piece of poo poo and hoping someone will eventually ignore that then you're right you won't ever have a girlfriend.

I mean idk what to tell you anymore. You're like fundamentally so invested into this persona you've crafted for yourself that it should be obvious why people reject you out of hand. You think people can't tell you're depressed and desperate?

Being a good person with good things to offer doesn't necessarily mean it's someone's loss for rejecting you though.

I haven't crafter a persona for myself, this is who I am.

do you want to?

No.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Benny Harvey posted:

Being a good person with good things to offer doesn't necessarily mean it's someone's loss for rejecting you though.

Yeah it does, because they missed out on the good conversation/jokes/times/whatever they could have had with you.

For example, if I enjoyed brewing my own beer and got pretty good at it, people would enjoy drinking it. If they were assholes who rejected me out of hand, they'd miss out.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Like at this point you're either a gimmick or you are depressed and need some help besides a girl to gently caress you.

I am depressed but I don't see how therapy is going to help. How can someone convince me that I enjoy things? It's not even objectively wrong to not like anything.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah it does, because they missed out on the good conversation/jokes/times/whatever they could have had with you.

They could still have that in a platonic relationship with you. Anyway, some people just don't fit well together.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Benny Harvey posted:

I am depressed but I don't see how therapy is going to help. How can someone convince me that I enjoy things? It's not even objectively wrong to not like anything.

if you enjoy literally nothing there's something wrong like a chemical imbalance or something.

it's not 'objectively wrong' to not like anything but at that point you might as well be a complete nihilist and kill yourself. What's the point of living if you don't like anything? I'm not saying kill yourself, I'm saying maybe try to change things instead of just wallowing in misery.

Benny Harvey posted:

They could still have that in a platonic relationship with you. Anyway, some people just don't fit well together.

of course but I'm not friends with every single person I've asked out. sometimes it becomes platonic, most of the time if she doesn't want to kick it in that way there's not really much else to talk about; i've got enough friends as it is.

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014
oh i cant get girls

maybe get a six pack stomach retards or at least not something you can call a gut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyuWfrh0pU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

if you enjoy literally nothing there's something wrong like a chemical imbalance or something.

it's not 'objectively wrong' to not like anything but at that point you might as well be a complete nihilist and kill yourself. What's the point of living if you don't like anything?

How do you know you're not just pathologising a personality trait?

I won't kill myself because it would be painful.

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014

Benny Harvey posted:

So you gonna keep being a loving self pitying pussy loser or are you gonna maybe take a step and get some therapy and feel better about yourself.

Your choice.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Benny Harvey posted:

I won't kill myself because it would be painful.

Not liking anything or not finding joy in anything including yourself isn't a personality trait.

You're gonna wake up in 10-15 years and realize you've squandered your youth on this self pity poo poo.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 21, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why do you keep trying moridin, jeez

you're not gonna fix that mess lol

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

Benny Harvey posted:

have you enjoyed something at any point in your life, something gave you happiness and/or or a sense of purpose?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

why do you keep trying moridin, jeez

you're not gonna fix that mess lol

idk man I just feel bad because everyone deserves some love

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
doesnt even really sound like he wants help

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Not liking anything or not finding joy in anything including yourself isn't a personality trait.

You're gonna wake up in 10-15 years and realize you've squandered your youth on this self pity poo poo.

I'll try but tbh, I feel that whatever I do is wasted time because I'm incapable of enjoying anything. I'm going to my GP next Wednesday, I'll bring up the depression then.

have you enjoyed something at any point in your life, something gave you happiness and/or or a sense of purpose?

No, I've just drifted through life.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
do you like anime

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Zzulu posted:

do you like anime

Watched Dragonball-Z once because lots of kids at school were raving about it but I thought it was poo poo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you will die alone

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I may of graduated highschool an awkward virgin, but I was the only one at my school to clear heroic Ulduar on release :smuggo:

(And like everyone else I managed to get laid freshman year so in the end meh)

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Benny Harvey posted:

Jesus, even I don't want to die just because women won't touch my dick for free. Honestly, if someone cries because they can't have sex that's a sign of real emotional problems.

no poo poo. that's why i posted it. the whole point was i got better. you may not be as bad as i got as of yet but eventually you'll get there. it takes a long time.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Benny Harvey posted:

I don't get how having a casual conversation leads to sex without at least one party deliberately steering it that way. And sure I could talk to women and get nowhere (and I'd be OK with that) but then people will think I'm deliberatley sabotaging myself.

But I'm depressed. So although I could take up some activities, I just wouldn't be able to engage with what I'd be doing and if I tried talking about them it would sound like a dispassioate list of things.

two things:

1) people don't necessarily "steer the conversation toward sex," they start talking and feel a connection and spend time together and then sex happens; this isn't always what goes down but not every sex situation is "hey wanna gently caress?" "okay sure"

2) taking up activities is one way to work yourself out of depression

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Benny Harvey posted:

Then how come women have also tried forcing me to approach women in clubs and bars?

these women are not giving you good advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Benny Harvey posted:

i'm not kidding here: keep asking yourself this question over and over and over until the egg splits open and the yolk comes out

• Locked thread