Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Draft season is upon us and to keep the general fantasy football thread from getting mucked up with RMT stuff, here's a different thread.

Rules:

State your format (PPR, 2 QB, 3 WR, etc)
State the number of teams in your league
Put your pick slot or your auction values. You can post final results or your drafting order, whichever works best for you.

I'm going to repost my NFL.com team because seriously what is this team (10 team league)
#1 overall pick
Standard Scoring w/6 pt passing TDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

What the gently caress who did you draft with.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Draft season is upon us and to keep the general fantasy football thread from getting mucked up with RMT stuff, here's a different thread.

Rules:

Put your pick slot or your auction values. You can post final results or your drafting order, whichever works best for you.

I'm going to repost my NFL.com team because seriously what is this team (10 team league)
#1 overall pick

Haha, looks good! Top 2 QB, something like 4-5 top 20 RBs, though I'm sure a couple will bust unexpectedly, great starters and depth at WR. Can I ask what the hell happened in your draft that you (I assume) got Bell at 1.01, then Green and Luck lasted to 20 and 21?? Any dumb (in your opinion) reaches in the first two rounds?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The answer to both of your questions is idiots. Idiots who make NFL.com in-draft room ranks and idiots who follow them. Here was the first 3 rounds. This draft was a joke, and it wasn't so much awful reaches as it was people following the NFL.com draft grades.

Le'Veon Bell
Adrian Peterson
Eddie Lacy
Jamaal Charles
Marshawn Lynch
Matt Forte
Antonio Brown
Aaron Rodgers
LeSean McCoy
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Jeremy Hill
Rob Gronkowski
Odell Beckham
CJ Anderson
Calvin Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
Jordy Nelson
DeMarco Murray
AJ Green
Andrew Luck
Alshon Jeffery
Randall Cobb
Mark Ingram
TY hilton
Lamar Miller
Kelvin Benjamin
Mike Evans
Justin Forsett
DeAndre Hopkins

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
From my first mock draft. ESPN mock lobby that was active and chatting. 10 teams, standard ESPN scoring.
I took what came to me and the Hill/Gio pairing is expensive, and I probably wouldn't do it in my real draft. Picked sixth.

Big Ben
CJ Anderson
Jeremy Hill
Sammy Watkins
Eric Decker
Mark Ingram
Pats D
Stephan Gostkowski
BENCH
Gio Benard
Brandon LaFell
Torrey Smith
Andre Williams
Anquan Boldin
Terrance West

e; I know bye weeks are a problem. I would look to trade. But I think it was okay for a first draft against real people, only 3 bots.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Spoeank posted:

Rules:

#1 overall pick

Unfortunately, you have two Steelers on the team which lowers it in my eyes. The good news is that the rest of the team is fairly decent to good! Luck, Gore, Green and Spiller are all stand up guys not to mention all those rookies! Overall: B.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

The answer to both of your questions is idiots. Idiots who make NFL.com in-draft room ranks and idiots who follow them. Here was the first 3 rounds. This draft was a joke, and it wasn't so much awful reaches as it was people following the NFL.com draft grades.

Le'Veon Bell
Adrian Peterson
Eddie Lacy
Jamaal Charles
Marshawn Lynch
Matt Forte
Antonio Brown
Aaron Rodgers
LeSean McCoy
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Jeremy Hill
Rob Gronkowski
Odell Beckham
CJ Anderson
Calvin Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
Jordy Nelson
DeMarco Murray
AJ Green
Andrew Luck
Alshon Jeffery
Randall Cobb
Mark Ingram
TY hilton
Lamar Miller
Kelvin Benjamin
Mike Evans
Justin Forsett
DeAndre Hopkins

So I just realized it was standard scoring, which makes it a little less ridiculous. Bell, Spiller, and Abdullah all are worth a decent bit less with no PPR. Though then I'd definitely not take Forte at 6 and prooobably would take Dez or Julio over Brown at 7. But like you said, nothing too egregious in the first three rounds. It just seems crazy that you could start with Luck, Bell, and Green! I guess Forte at 6 and McCoy at 9 are both like at least a half round early, though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank, I hope that was a money league because you're going to be ballin'

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Spoeank posted:

Le'Veon Bell
Adrian Peterson
Eddie Lacy
Jamaal Charles
Marshawn Lynch
Matt Forte
Antonio Brown
Aaron Rodgers
LeSean McCoy
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Jeremy Hill
Rob Gronkowski
Odell Beckham
CJ Anderson
Calvin Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
Jordy Nelson
DeMarco Murray
AJ Green
Andrew Luck
Alshon Jeffery
Randall Cobb
Mark Ingram
TY hilton
Lamar Miller
Kelvin Benjamin
Mike Evans
Justin Forsett
DeAndre Hopkins
Other than Aaron Rodgers at 1.08 there is really nothing outright egregious with this list. You can nit pick by a few rankings here or there, but no one took a defense or something. This just sort of happens with a 10 man and the first pick. There is a ton of meat left on the bone at the 2/3 turn. The rest of the team is the real triumph - how you managed Kelce, Gore and Melvin Gordon is beyond me.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

cheese posted:

Other than Aaron Rodgers at 1.08 there is really nothing outright egregious with this list.

Egregious that he didn't go earlier? 6 pt passing TDs, yo.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

10 person league QB 2RB 2WR TE flex no ppr

QB Wilson
RB Forte
RB Hill
WR Kelvin Benjamin
WR Beckham
TE Olsen
Flex Alfred Morris
Bench: Sankey, Doug Martin, Jordan Matthews, Martavis Bryant (drafted before it was apparent that Wheaton is number 2), Eifert, Bridgewater
DEF: Miami
K: who cares

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Fear not Arctic Baldwin Wheaton being number two is basically garbage nonsense.

That team is really solid but Sankey puked all over himself today so you may want to start searching out a replacement (David Cobb is a good, clean 1-for-1 trade)

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I may go for whatever shithead eventually looks to be winning the Houston RB situation. I feel like Polk is probably the lead but who can tell

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: Wrong loving thread

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 15, 2015

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Arctic Baldwin posted:

QB Wilson
RB Forte
RB Hill
WR Kelvin Benjamin
WR Beckham
TE Olsen
Flex Alfred Morris
Bench: Sankey, Doug Martin, Jordan Matthews, Martavis Bryant (drafted before it was apparent that Wheaton is number 2), Eifert, Bridgewater

Jeremy Hill is a very egregious ethical mistake, but the rest of the team looks fine except for the Steeler.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arctic Baldwin posted:

QB Wilson
RB Forte
RB Hill
WR Kelvin Benjamin
WR Beckham
TE Olsen
Flex Alfred Morris

Looks good. Matthews and Bryant are good WR depth, Sankey and Martin aren't great but them + waiver wire should cover your bye weeks fine.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
12 team PPR, obviously I am streaming qbs and I need to drop 2 guys to get a kicker and defense for week 1.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

old dog child posted:

Alright, I think I'm going with Hopkins. I weighed what everybody said against my own list (even you, Doltos :glomp:). Then I mocked a few scenarios for seven owners picking ahead of me. The three most plausible ones look pretty good for picks 10/11. Note that plausible means how my dumb friends typically draft. Listed in order from least to most likely.

1) All seven draft RBs so my RB2/3 are from Ingram, Forsett, Miller (lawl), Gordon, Ellington, L Murray. If this happens I may pull the trigger on a top WR and Gronk and gamble on getting value RBs later in the draft.
2) Two to four people draft WRs/Gronk (Brown, DT, ODB, Jones/Megatron) and I end up with two of Forte/McCoy/Gore/Forsett/Miller or one RB plus a top WR in Megatron/AJ
3) Four people draft WRs/Gronk and I end up with better slightly higher end RBs than #2.

I really, really like the idea of keeping Lamar since I have to weather Bell's suspension for two weeks. But I think if I have Jordy/Hopkins as my WR1/2 I can afford to go RB/RB in the first and second so I'll have a pretty strong flex/backup once Bell is playing again. I'll also be in a good position to go for a WR or Gronk if the higher tier RBs I like are gone. So basically Hopkins gives me more flexibility due to the league's roster. Thanks for your thoughts, goons.

10 teams, 0.5ppr, cumulative IDP-scoring for D/ST, 3 keepers and I had 10th pick

edit: roster- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/T, W/T/R, D/ST, K, 6Be, IR

So scenario 2 happened but in the best goddamn way. Cobb went 1.1 followed by AP, Julio (K), Forte, Forsett, Gronk, Lynch (K), Rodgers (K), CJ, so take a wild guess who I picked. :getin:

QB: Bradford, Bridgewater
RB: L Bell (K), McCoy, Spiller, Abdullah, Muscle Hamster
WR: A Brown, Jordy (K), Amari Cooper, Nelson Agholor, Hopkins (K), Brian Quick
TE: Eifert
D/ST: Denver
K: Novak

I reached for Cooper and Spiller but otherwise I think I drafted everyone else where I should've.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 15, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

old dog child posted:

10 teams, 0.5ppr, cumulative IDP-scoring for D/ST, 3 keepers and I had 10th pick

So scenario 2 happened but in the best goddamn way. Cobb went 1.1 followed by AP, Julio (K), Forte, Forsett, Gronk, Lynch (K), Rodgers (K), CJ, so take a wild guess who I picked. :getin:

QB: Bradford, Bridgewater
RB: L Bell (K), McCoy, Spiller, Abdullah, Muscle Hamster
WR: A Brown, Jordy (K), Amari Cooper, Nelson Agholor, Hopkins (K), Brian Quick
TE: Eifert
D/ST: Denver
K: Novak

I reached for Cooper and Spiller but otherwise I think I drafted everyone else where I should've.

Cobb at 1.01? Ha. Looks good man. Great starters, and Spiller, Abdullah, Cooper, and Agholor are really nice depth.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Yeah, he's a massive Packers homer. I don't know why people do that poo poo in money leagues. e: he did that last year, too, but it was forgivable because he didn't have first pick.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 15, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Ya a money league is a little different. I don't make 'homer' picks, but I am ON Duke Johnson in my free league, going to keeper this year if he falls to me. That is it.

e; also am planning on letting the draft come to me. I am doing ESPN Lobby Mocks with 12 teams, I took Anderson, McCoy, Hyde, and Stewart with the first 4 picks, yes ppl were idiots, and still had solid WR's and depth and WR. But, taking 4 RB's with my first 4 picks, my league has 2 flex so this won't happen there, put me in a jam and basically made me take WRs, I got I think Allen, VJax, Allen Robinson, T Smith, and Malcom Flyod. We start 4 WRs because of one TE/WR flex slot. Also have Tannehill and Duke Johnson and Delanie Walker, would like that team a lot I think.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 15, 2015

Chairman Moo
Apr 10, 2006

QB Matt Ryan
RB Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Joseph Randle, Isaiah Crowell, David Cobb, Alfred Blue
WR Demaryius Thomas, Alshon Jeffery, Jordan Matthews, Andre Johnson, Breshad Perriman, Anquan Boldin
TE Delanie Walker, Tyler Eifert
D/ST Dolphins
K None

I picked in the 8 spot. I'm really happy with how it turned out, as long as Lynch and Gore don't die...

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
10 team 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1Flex No PPR

1. LeVeon Bell
2. Odell Beckham
3. Jeremy Hill
4. Melvin Gordon
5. Kelvin Benjamin
6. Keenan Allen
7. Eli Manning
8. Latavius Murray
9. TJ Yeldon
10. Josh Hill
11. Steve Smith
12. Anquan Boldin
13. Joe Flacco
14. Shane Vereen
15. Green Bay
16. Knile Davis
17.Shaun Suisham

People were loading up on QBs early and I tried to wait as long as I could but I still feel like I stretched to grab Eli. Still this was a weird draft, the first defense went in the 7th and then someone else spent rounds 10-14 grabbing defenses and kickers.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Papes posted:

12 team PPR, obviously I am streaming qbs and I need to drop 2 guys to get a kicker and defense for week 1.

Why would you take Mariota? Your WR are stack as gently caress. I would cut one of Helu/Woodhead and probably either Bush or Quick. Those 3 WR are starting except for injuries or bye weeks, in which case Boldin takes their place and Periman is your lottery ticket. Hard to see Quick ever being played by you.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Papes posted:

Nice draft. Plan on dropping Bush and Quick unless Hyde gets hurt in preseason or something.

Guys please don't drop Woodhead in ppr, and give Helu a chance to show what he can do in oakland.

quote:

10 team 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1Flex No PPR

1. LeVeon Bell
2. Odell Beckham
3. Jeremy Hill
4. Melvin Gordon
5. Kelvin Benjamin
6. Keenan Allen
7. Eli Manning
8. Latavius Murray
9. TJ Yeldon
10. Josh Hill
11. Steve Smith
12. Anquan Boldin
13. Joe Flacco
14. Shane Vereen
15. Green Bay
16. Knile Davis
17.Shaun Suisham

On paper, this is a phenomenal draft and you got value all over the goddamned place. However, you went high-risk on each of the first 5 picks, which is something you need to do if you're playing against sharks (where getting lucky on a high-variance strategy is probably the only way to win), but can backfire in a league where you can expect to work the WW for value. Rounds 8-14 gave you such great depth, though, you can probably withstand a bust/injury or two.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

cheese posted:

Why would you take Mariota? Your WR are stack as gently caress. I would cut one of Helu/Woodhead and probably either Bush or Quick. Those 3 WR are starting except for injuries or bye weeks, in which case Boldin takes their place and Periman is your lottery ticket. Hard to see Quick ever being played by you.

I'm probably more bullish on Mariota as a fantasy player than most people, but the reason I took him is the bucs are awful on defense and week 1 is all I'm concerned about for him.

I'll probably never play quick but he has wr1 upside. If he hits, I'll have wrs out the rear end to upgrade qb or rb. He's the kind of player you stash until week 3 and then trade/cut them.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Papes posted:

I'm probably more bullish on Mariota as a fantasy player than most people, but the reason I took him is the bucs are awful on defense and week 1 is all I'm concerned about for him.

I'll probably never play quick but he has wr1 upside. If he hits, I'll have wrs out the rear end to upgrade qb or rb. He's the kind of player you stash until week 3 and then trade/cut them.

I like Quick too but he ain't going to be a WR1.

Here are the WR1s in ppr (according to rank):

1 Antonio Brown
2 Julio Jones
3 Demaryius Thomas
4 Dez Bryant
5 Odell Beckham Jr.
6 Calvin Johnson
7 A.J. Green
8 Jordy Nelson
9 Randall Cobb
10 Alshon Jeffery
11 Mike Evans
12 Ty Hilton

You honestly see Quick outperforming these guys?

Perriman has more upside and Boldin has more floor so he is your most expendable WR. As you might notice, you already have three players that are actually WR1s which makes you beyond stacked at the position.

Pour one out for losing a smartly drafted pick and cut him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

1 Antonio Brown
2 Julio Jones
3 Demaryius Thomas
4 Dez Bryant
5 Odell Beckham Jr.
6 Calvin Johnson
7 A.J. Green
8 Jordy Nelson
9 Randall Cobb
10 Alshon Jeffery
11 Mike Evans
12 Ty Hilton

I don't know who he should replace but I feel like cooks is going to be a wr1 in ppr

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

1 Antonio Brown
2 Julio Jones
3 Demaryius Thomas
4 Dez Bryant
5 Odell Beckham Jr.
6 Calvin Johnson
7 A.J. Green
8 Jordy Nelson
9 Randall Cobb
10 Alshon Jeffery
11 Mike Evans
12 Ty Hilton

Not likely but he was on pace for a 1200 yard 12 td season before getting injured last year, which would put him above Hilton for sure.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
12 team league, standard scoring. How'd I do? Picked 4th, went RB/WR/RB and was very happy to land Charles and Julio Jones in the first 2 rounds. Not 100% sure about things after that, would have liked a bit more RB depth.

I figure if (when, right?) CJ?K signs with Arizona he could be worth the 11th rounder I got him for.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Pancakes by Mail posted:

12 team league, standard scoring. How'd I do?

I think that's pretty solid everywhere but TE. Ertz didn't do much last season and he's already injured. I'm also not a huge fan of TJ Yeldon, but he could be ok assuming Denard doesn't steal a bunch of carries.

Just finished my big money league draft tonight. 14 man, .5 ppr, 4pptd $200 Auction.

QB: Ryan Tannehill - $9
QB: Nick Foles - $2
RB: Lamar Miller - $33
RB: Joseph Randle - $26
RB: LaGarrett Blount - $12
RB: Knile Davis - $4
WR: A.J. Green - $39
WR: Jordan Matthews - $23
WR: Allen Robinson - $16
WR: Nelson Agholor - $6
WR: Eddie Royal - $2
TE: Travis Kelce - $20
TE: Dwayne Allen -$2
K: Mason Crosby -$2
D: Dolphins -$2

I think I did pretty well for a 14 man league, but I'm a little afraid I drank too much of the "breakout" cool-aid and took too many guys without a proven track record. This team could go down in flames fast if Randle and Blount don't pan out.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
ESPN Pubby 12 Team Auction, think I did well, especially when more than one person was bragging about 'cornering the market' on QB's, TE's and D's in the chat.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Just going to tell you now that the odds of dgb having a lot of production is really low

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Pancakes by Mail posted:

12 team league, standard scoring. How'd I do? Picked 4th, went RB/WR/RB and was very happy to land Charles and Julio Jones in the first 2 rounds. Not 100% sure about things after that, would have liked a bit more RB depth.

I figure if (when, right?) CJ?K signs with Arizona he could be worth the 11th rounder I got him for.

That's a really nice roster with some solid bench depth, nice job. I'm not super high on Ertz personally, and don't know if Chris Johnson is really worth rostering - can't imagine he'll do much even if he gets signed. 11th round seems early for such a dart throw pick. A guy like Danny Woodhead or Roy Helu may have been around then and have a chance at much more meaningful production.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Metapod posted:

Just going to tell you now that the odds of dgb having a lot of production is really low

Ya, lotto ticket. I spent on Lacy and then waited for some value, then waited so I could get everyone I wanted with my last 5 picks or so.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

Ya, lotto ticket. I spent on Lacy and then waited for some value, then waited so I could get everyone I wanted with my last 5 picks or so.

Don't keep him passed week 3 if he isn't getting on the field much

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Metapod posted:

Don't keep him passed week 3 if he isn't getting on the field much

Agreed. Better end of draft WR lotto tickets in standard: Stevie, Stills, Royal, Perriman, Twill, Quick, Marquess, Parker, Funchess.

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
12 team league, standard scoring, auction draft with $200 budget

QB Matthew Stafford 1
RB Adrian Peterson 70
RB/WR Jordy Nelson 42
WR Calvin Johnson 46
WR/TE Kelvin Benjamin 25
TE Jason Witten 6
FLEX Darren McFadden 1
D/ST Rams D/ST 1
K Adam Vinatieri 1
BE Breshad Perriman 1
BE Kendall Wright 1
BE Knile Davis 1
BE Theo Riddick 1
BE Denard Robinson 1

McFadden, Wright, and Riddick were casualties of autobid because my laptop sucks.

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013

tenaciousduy posted:

QB Matthew Stafford 1
RB Adrian Peterson 70
RB/WR Jordy Nelson 42
WR Calvin Johnson 46
WR/TE Kelvin Benjamin 25
TE Jason Witten 6
FLEX Darren McFadden 1
D/ST Rams D/ST 1
K Adam Vinatieri 1
BE Breshad Perriman 1
BE Kendall Wright 1
BE Knile Davis 1
BE Theo Riddick 1
BE Denard Robinson 1

McFadden, Wright, and Riddick were casualties of autobid because my laptop sucks.

This team can be good if you stay super active on the waivers. That bench is super ugly. If it's a 12 man, there's probably a QB out there you could grab in case Stafford falls on his face. Maybe Palmer or Dalton?

Fairly happy with my team in a 10 man standard scoring league. Not many eye-popping players though....

QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Brandin Cooks
WR: Brandon Marshall
RB: Jeremy Hill
RB: Frank Gore
TE: Heath Miller

BN: Todd Gurley
BN: Rashad Jennings
BN: Nelson Algholar
BN: Charles Johnson
BN: Alfred Blue
BN: Andy Dalton

K: Dan Bailey
Def: Dallas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

tenaciousduy posted:

QB Matthew Stafford 1
RB Adrian Peterson 70
RB/WR Jordy Nelson 42
WR Calvin Johnson 46
WR/TE Kelvin Benjamin 25
TE Jason Witten 6
FLEX Darren McFadden 1
D/ST Rams D/ST 1
K Adam Vinatieri 1
BE Breshad Perriman 1
BE Kendall Wright 1
BE Knile Davis 1
BE Theo Riddick 1
BE Denard Robinson 1

Wright for a dollar is a steal

• Locked thread