Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RCarr posted:

I just did my first draft of the year. I had my schedule cleared for the night and my beersheets ready. Then at 2pm I get a call from my friend. She had just been given amazing Yankee tickets. 15 rows behind the Yankee dugout. I couldn't pass that up, so I ended up drafting on my phone at the stadium (while very drunk). In the 5th round my phone died and I got stuck autodrafting Drew Brees. I was able to borrow my friends phone after, but I'm super pissed about that. Pretty sure that pick blew my draft. Here's what I ended up with:

(1) LeVeon Bell
(2) Jeremy Hill
(3) Mike Evans
(4) Jordan Matthews
(5) Drew Brees gently caress
(6) Travis Kelce
(7) Jarvis Landry
(8) Mike Wallace
(9) Giovani Bernard
(10) Devonte Freeman
(11) Ryan Tannehill
(12) Kenny Stills
(13) Ryan Matthews
(14) Breshard Perriman
(15) Owen Daniels

I definitely needed a WR in the 5th. That Drew Brees autopick killed me. I probably should have gone with a WR in the 6th (Martavius Bryant went 1 pick before me :(), but I took Kelce over guys like Maclin, VJax, Cooper, Edelman.

Please feel free to tell me how bad this is. At least I got 2 stud running backs right?

12 teams or 10 teams? That still looks like a pretty solid team. Bell & Hill is an awesome RB1/RB2 combo, and I'd feel very confident starting Evans and J. Matthews in my WR1 and WR2 slots. Jarvis Landry should provide a solid floor as a flex play, and you've got lots of high upside picks that could be slotted in that spot as well (Wallace, R. Mathews, Perriman, etc.) or fill in during a bye week. The main thing I'd worry about is one of your RBs going down with an injury. Unless this is 1 PPR, I wouldn't feel confident starting Gio or Freeman, though depending on how things pan out, Ryan Mathews could be a servicable RB3 splitting time, or an RB1 if Murray misses any time. Insane value on Mathews in the 13th round. Kelce is also good value in the 6th.

IMO the biggest thing you missed by taking Brees in the 5th is a 3rd RB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

12 teams or 10 teams?

I edited the original post but it was a 10 team league. Weirdly it doesn't have a flex position. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE

Here's to Bell and and Hill staying healthy!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 19, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

I just did my first draft of the year. I had my schedule cleared for the night and my beersheets ready. Then at 2pm I get a call from my friend. She had just been given amazing Yankee tickets. 15 rows behind the Yankee dugout. I couldn't pass that up, so I ended up drafting on my phone at the stadium (while very drunk). In the 5th round my phone died and I got stuck autodrafting Drew Brees. I was able to borrow my friends phone after, but I'm super pissed about that. Pretty sure that pick blew my draft. Here's what I ended up with:

(1) LeVeon Bell
(2) Jeremy Hill
(3) Mike Evans
(4) Jordan Matthews
(5) Drew Brees gently caress
(6) Travis Kelce
(7) Jarvis Landry
(8) Mike Wallace
(9) Giovani Bernard
(10) Devonte Freeman
(11) Ryan Tannehill
(12) Kenny Stills
(13) Ryan Matthews
(14) Breshard Perriman
(15) Owen Daniels

10 team non-ppr. 2 RB 3 WR 0 Flex

I definitely needed a WR in the 5th. That Drew Brees autopick killed me. I probably should have gone with a WR in the 6th (Martavius Bryant went 1 pick before me :(), but I took Kelce over guys like Maclin, VJax, Cooper, Edelman.

Please feel free to tell me how bad this is. At least I got 2 stud running backs right?

Dude you did fine. Your top-draft feels similar to mine. I went: Charles, ODB, Forsett, Evans, Hyde, Brees (6), Spiller. Your BE is questionable but not awful. You can make some moves now and see if anyone wants to do bench swaps.

Look at it this way. You have a very accurate QB (one of the most accurate in the game) who is barely going to get touched. I see you grabbed Tanny, but I didn't bother picking up a QB2 because I feel I can pick someone up off waivers should he get injured. I did get a TE2 because Jordan Cameron is a few hits away from being featured on McDonald's dollar menu.

While you may not have that surefire WR1, you have two surefire WR2's who can easily pop off and win games for you, Matthews in particular.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 19, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for the replies guys. I feel a lot better about my team now. :)

From my experience it seems like you could make some money doing a bunch of Yahoo public leagues. There were a lot of weird picks. Guys going way too late or way too early. There were 2 dudes in the lobby seriously considering trading Peyton for Demaryius...

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Awesome! Can't wait, going to try to set mine up for as close to the season as possible.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Meh, I hate having to use two different interfaces. Does ESPN do public money leagues?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm almost positive they do.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
DO NOT DO ESPN MONEY LEAGUES THEY ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK! You don't win 'money' you win like prizes or some poo poo, at least the last time I looked at it. Yahoo is much better IMHO, but I have never done a public money league so uh, ya.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Michael Corleone posted:

DO NOT DO ESPN MONEY LEAGUES THEY ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK! You don't win 'money' you win like prizes or some poo poo, at least the last time I looked at it. Yahoo is much better IMHO, but I have never done a public money league so uh, ya.

Yahoo only takes 10% off the total prize pool, which is reasonable. CBS "Premium" leagues are a joke with how much they take out as a percentage. Had no idea ESPN even did "money leagues," but good to know they're not what they make themselves out to be.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

12-team standard ESPN

QB: Tony Romo (8)
RB: CJ Anderson (2)
RB: Alfred Morris (4)
WR: Antonio Brown (1)
WR: Alshon Jeffrey (3)
FLEX: Legarrette Blount (5) [I don't know how this happened]
TE: Tyler Eifert (13)
D/ST: Dolphins (14)
K: Cody Parkey (15)

Bench: Edelmen (6), Ivory (7), Boldin (9), Woodhead (10), Baldwin (11), Harvin (12)

My main worry is Brown being my only real stud. I like Alshon but I have no idea how he's going to look drawing Marshall's doubleteams now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I like that team a lot. Especially for a 12 team league. Good job.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sir Plus posted:

12-team standard ESPN

QB: Tony Romo (8)
RB: CJ Anderson (2)
RB: Alfred Morris (4)
WR: Antonio Brown (1)
WR: Alshon Jeffrey (3)
FLEX: Legarrette Blount (5) [I don't know how this happened]
TE: Tyler Eifert (13)
D/ST: Dolphins (14)
K: Cody Parkey (15)

Bench: Edelmen (6), Ivory (7), Boldin (9), Woodhead (10), Baldwin (11), Harvin (12)

My main worry is Brown being my only real stud. I like Alshon but I have no idea how he's going to look drawing Marshall's doubleteams now.

I can see your concern as ABrown is your "best bet" guy for his tier, across all your skill positions. I might have gone with a different RB2 than Morris. CJ Anderson should be good but he's just not that concrete, surefire guy that you can bet your nuts the team will use as a bellcow. I would have gone for Forsett or JHill if they were avail. Morris is a workhorse but could be more involved in passing downs if camp reports that he's improved in that game are true, but again he's not a sure bet. I probably would have gone with Gore there. Blount is a fine flex, I think Bill rides him as long as he doesn't fumble. Remember that this year with all the vicious defensive lines they will be facing that protecting Brady will be at a premium for his RBs. Romo is fine as a value QB, you certainly didn't reach for him. Drop Harvin and pick up Royal, Funchies or Wheaton.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Sir Plus posted:

12-team standard ESPN

My guess is exactly how he did last year

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Finally finished my big-money work league that I've been mocking for for weeks. Thankfully I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I couldn't decide between the top RBs this year and am gun-shy of drafting Peterson again this year in the first, so I just went with Brown and built from there.

12-team, .5ppr pick 3

QB - Big Ben (6)
RB - Justin Forsett (3)
RB/WR - Joseph Randle (4)
WR - Antonio Brown (1)
WR - Alshon Jeffery (2)
Flex - Andre Johnson (5)
TE - Owen Daniels (12)
DST - Dolphins (13)
K - Matt Bryant (14)

B - Giovani Bernard (7)
B - Isaiah Crowell (8)
B - Marques Colston (9)
B -Danny Woodhead (10)
B - Devin Funchess (11)
IR - empty

Having 5 bench spots makes depth kind of a problem, but I think my starters are pretty solid. Thanks Custom Beersheets!

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 20, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Forsett in the 3rd round is super value but Jeffery in the second not so much. Im guessing there was a serious run on WRs after the top RBs went off the board. The 3rd pick this year is pretty strong and I think you missed an opportunity there. You have ABrown + Forsett but (I'm projecting) you could have had any one of AP/Jamaal/Leveon/Lacy + Jordy/ODB/other tier 1 wideout.

For a 12 team league your starting team is still pretty stacked. Your bench is suspect, so see if the JHill owner is interested in Gio.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Was trying to figure out how to pause an ESPN draft to accommodate a user who couldn't log in, never found it, but drafted this team while talking with them on Facebook. 10 team, standard ESPN scoring except for 6 point passing touchdowns.

QB Ben Roethlisberger 6
RB Adrian Peterson 57
RB/WR Justin Forsett 34
WR Odell Beckham Jr. 44
TE Travis Kelce 15
FLEX Joseph Randle 14
D/ST Patriots D/ST 1
K Cody Parkey 1
BE C.J. Spiller 9
BE Jarvis Landry 5
BE Brandon Marshall 6
BE Nelson Agholor 4
BE Ameer Abdullah 2
BE Arian Foster 1
BE John Brown 1
Total: 200
Remaining: 0

Money was flying something fierce since this was the league's first auction draft. My only real regret is Brandon Marshall for 6. If Arian Foster comes back, that's the steal of the draft there.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Suave Fedora posted:

Forsett in the 3rd round is super value but Jeffery in the second not so much. Im guessing there was a serious run on WRs after the top RBs went off the board. The 3rd pick this year is pretty strong and I think you missed an opportunity there. You have ABrown + Forsett but (I'm projecting) you could have had any one of AP/Jamaal/Leveon/Lacy + Jordy/ODB/other tier 1 wideout.

For a 12 team league your starting team is still pretty stacked. Your bench is suspect, so see if the JHill owner is interested in Gio.

Looking back at the draft, my other Round 1 - 3 options would have been 1. APeterson 2. Jeffery or Cobb and 3. Forsett or Hopkins. ODB went in the 1st round and Jordy went 16th overall. I've just been burnt by round 1 running backs so many years in a row I wanted to try something different taking the #1 WR. I don't disagree with you that there are a lot of options 1-3 though.

Edit: Already getting trade offers for Devin Funchess, I guess people are reading the news.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 20, 2015

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
12 Team Standard

QB: Tannehill
RB: J. Charles
RB: L. Miller
WR: D. Bryant
WR: A. Cooper
TE: M. Bennett
FLEX: C. Ivory

BE: T. Coleman, R. Helu, N. Agholor, K. Stills, K. Wright, A. Seferian-Jenkins
(K: C. Parkey, DEF: Houston)

I think I did ok? Have some solid starters and some potential breakouts (Cooper, Agholor). Please let me know how wrong I am!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

timmmmaaaah posted:

12 Team Standard

QB: Tannehill
RB: J. Charles
RB: L. Miller
WR: D. Bryant
WR: A. Cooper
TE: M. Bennett
FLEX: C. Ivory

BE: T. Coleman, R. Helu, N. Agholor, K. Stills, K. Wright, A. Seferian-Jenkins
(K: C. Parkey, DEF: Houston)

I think I did ok? Have some solid starters and some potential breakouts (Cooper, Agholor). Please let me know how wrong I am!

Looks pretty good. Wr2 could be better but you have good depth everywhere. I think it's likely that Wright or Agholor will replace Cooper in your starters in non-ppr. Helu is probably who you drop for promising WW pickups in non ppr, but we won't know his usage until week 1.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

12-team PPR:

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - CJ Andersen
RB - Mark Ingram
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Brandon LaFell
TE - Travis Kelce
FLEX - Ryan Mathews

Also a bench of handcuffs like Mathews, Montee Ball, and Fred Jackson with guys like Perriman, Sims, Toon, and Hurns thrown in. Personally think it was the best roster I've had in years after so many seasons of dumpster fires.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

12-team PPR:

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - CJ Andersen
RB - Mark Ingram
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Brandon LaFell
TE - Travis Kelce
FLEX - Ryan Mathews

Also a bench of handcuffs like Mathews, Montee Ball, and Fred Jackson with guys like Perriman, Sims, Toon, and Hurns thrown in. Personally think it was the best roster I've had in years after so many seasons of dumpster fires.

There's a lot of risk to this team.

Peyton: age, Broncs will lower his passes and focus on the run game
CJ: has able-bodied threats behind him. I know Kubiak doesn't do timeshares, but if CJ falters for any reason, can't protect Pyeton, fumbles, etc for an extended period, Kubiak doesn't do timeshares and could implement another bellcow (Hillman most likely, then Ball)
Ingram: A suitable RB2 but if the Saints play behind, could lose touches to Spiller, although Ingram would still be called in for goal-line formations
Julio: Your strongest player for his position, no concerns
Marshall: Don't like him as your WR2 due to his situation. I believe he will also continue being on Inside the NFL, and some felt it was a distraction for him last year. We know he has documented mental issues, it's reasonable to suggest that his focus isn't where it needs to be. I feel like he's positioning himself for a career outside of football by staying on the show.
LaFell: Great value pick at your WR3, let's just hope his injury isn't more serious than it is. The Patriots are secretive about poo poo like this.
Kelce: Super high-upside guy on a moped offense. Owners are pretty much hoping that the Walrus and Alex Smith feed him the ball, and that's not a comforting place to be, so where I have Kelce I also have a lotto ticket TE2.
Mathews: not a bad flex option. High value if Murray gets injured.

Your depth is OK but really injury dependent.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I love auctions. Pretty much the only time I end up with stud QBs. Nominated 1.1, and kicked things off with Luck.

10-team standard. $200

QB: Luck ($42)
RB1: CJ Anderson ($50)
RB2: Demarco Murray ($43)
WR1: Julio Jones ($38)
WR2: Keenan Allen ($3)
TE: Travis Kelce ($8)
Flex: Joseph Randle ($6 :stare:)
K: none
DST: Rams ($1)

BN: Ryan Matthews ($1)
BN: Chris Ivory ($2)
BN: Dough Martin ($1)
BN: Anquan Boldin ($2)
BN: Eric Decker ($1)
BN: Nelson Agholor ($1)
BN: John Brown ($1)

Moderately chuffed. CJ/Murray wasn't my ideal pair (not crazy about either), but I got both for a few bucks lower than I expected (my approach was to bid on almost every player nominated until I got my RB/RB/WR1). Gore went much later for under $20 though - might have preferred that.

Particularly stoked about the bench, however. On a shoestring budget, I managed to end up with a balance of bye-week high-floor guys and upside fliers at both WR and RB, along with picking up my handcuff for Murray. Good mix of risk and upside.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

I love auctions. Pretty much the only time I end up with stud QBs. Nominated 1.1, and kicked things off with Luck.

10-team standard. $200

QB: Luck ($42)
RB1: CJ Anderson ($50)
RB2: Demarco Murray ($43)
WR1: Julio Jones ($38)
WR2: Keenan Allen ($3)
TE: Travis Kelce ($8)
Flex: Joseph Randle ($6 :stare:)
K: none
DST: Rams ($1)

BN: Ryan Matthews ($1)
BN: Chris Ivory ($2)
BN: Dough Martin ($1)
BN: Anquan Boldin ($2)
BN: Eric Decker ($1)
BN: Nelson Agholor ($1)
BN: John Brown ($1)

Moderately chuffed. CJ/Murray wasn't my ideal pair (not crazy about either), but I got both for a few bucks lower than I expected (my approach was to bid on almost every player nominated until I got my RB/RB/WR1). Gore went much later for under $20 though - might have preferred that.

Particularly stoked about the bench, however. On a shoestring budget, I managed to end up with a balance of bye-week high-floor guys and upside fliers at both WR and RB, along with picking up my handcuff for Murray. Good mix of risk and upside.

Yeah, that's a ridiculous bench for 4% of your budget! Kelce, Allen, and Randle are also super good value. Dang.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Is there any way to set up a mock draft with a group of goons or otherwise knowledgeable people? The ESPN drafts aren't even useful in anyway when someone spends 110 on Antonio Brown, or all the other BS that goes on there. My league is 12 team standard, 6 for passing tds and 2 wr/rb flex and 2 wr/te flex. Nothing for that at all, I did find this one site where you draft against like AI, but the layout is convulted and really the 'bots' are not very smart at all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I thought I joined a mock draft last night but apparently it was a real draft. 2 RB, 3 WR, no flex. Ten teams.

1. (1) Adrian Peterson RB
2. (20) Jordy Nelson WR
3. (21) A.J. Green WR
4. (40) Alfred Morris RB
5. (41) Jonathan Stewart RB
6. (60) Ameer Abdullah RB
7. (61) Allen Robinson WR
8. (80) T.J. Yeldon RB
9. (81) Tom Brady QB
10. (100) John Brown WR
11. (101) Nelson Agholor WR
12. (120) Carson Palmer QB
13. (121) Tyler Eifert TE
14. (140) Miami DEF
15. (141) Matt Prater K

I've decided I'm fully in on the Pissed Off Tom Brady strategy. Allen Robinson was a reach but I didn't like who else was available around there as a WR. Didn't realize I'd end up with John Brown & Agholor later. If I knew that I would have snagged a TE there instead of Eifert.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Spoeank posted:

I thought I joined a mock draft last night but apparently it was a real draft. 2 RB, 3 WR, no flex. Ten teams.

1. (1) Adrian Peterson RB
2. (20) Jordy Nelson WR
3. (21) A.J. Green WR
4. (40) Alfred Morris RB
5. (41) Jonathan Stewart RB
6. (60) Ameer Abdullah RB
7. (61) Allen Robinson WR
8. (80) T.J. Yeldon RB
9. (81) Tom Brady QB
10. (100) John Brown WR
11. (101) Nelson Agholor WR
12. (120) Carson Palmer QB
13. (121) Tyler Eifert TE
14. (140) Miami DEF
15. (141) Matt Prater K

I've decided I'm fully in on the Pissed Off Tom Brady strategy. Allen Robinson was a reach but I didn't like who else was available around there as a WR. Didn't realize I'd end up with John Brown & Agholor later. If I knew that I would have snagged a TE there instead of Eifert.

With the way TEs are right now Eifert could easily be a 2nd at the end of the year.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
How many teams? Pretty solid draft in my opinion. The RB2 situation is a little shaky but you have a lot of guys that could start producing. WR depth is a little bit of an issue but you should be fine playing the WW. Your AP/Jordy/Green combo is pretty sweet.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Are we evaluating mocks?

My money league moved from 12 to 14 players this year, and I drew slot 12, and I cannot figure out how to draft here.

In the past I went the old school route of RB RB, but the 1 -> 2 turn in 14 teams is a crap shoot for RB's. I can either take DeMarco Murray or Lesean McCoy :gonk: or reach for Gore / Miller in the beginning of the 2nd.

I am usually going WR/WR but I just can't get used to not having a solid RB core and its throwing me off.

Here is my latest mock (14 team, FantasyFootballCalculator)

QB: R. Wilson(4)
RB: J. Stewart(3), C. Ivory(5), B. Sankey(7), F. Jackson(11), L. Taliaferro(13)
WR: D. Thomas (1), Calvin Johnson(2), Charles Johnson(6), P. Garcon(8), Steve Johnson (10)
TE: T. Eifert(9), A. Gates(12)
DEF: MIN (14)
K: Meh

Edit:

Michael Corleone posted:

Is there any way to set up a mock draft with a group of goons or otherwise knowledgeable people? The ESPN drafts aren't even useful in anyway when someone spends 110 on Antonio Brown, or all the other BS that goes on there. My league is 12 team standard, 6 for passing tds and 2 wr/rb flex and 2 wr/te flex. Nothing for that at all, I did find this one site where you draft against like AI, but the layout is convulted and really the 'bots' are not very smart at all.

I try and do mocks on a few different websites. The main websites (ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/NFL) are usually a crap shoot. I try and mix in a few more fantasy focused sites to find better draft competition. FantasyFootballCalculator is usually my go to, as I mentioned above.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Your RB's are pretty rough dude, even if you do have beastly WR's. Was Jeremy Hill not available in the 2nd? What RB's were available in the 1st that got picked up before your pick? Oh also is this PPR?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Hill was taken a pick before.

I think his hype is catching up to him, from what I've seen I've seen he is going in the 10-12 range now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Have yet to see a goon team with Charlie Sims burn this poo poo to the ground

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Hype or not, JStew as an RB1 is scary. What RBs were available in the first and is this PPR?

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
12 -team keeper league's can be bitch to draft. With my keepers and draft pick trades, I went into it fairly confident, but left a little shaken.

QB/2RB/2WR/Flex/TE/D/K

QB: Ryan
RB: ADP, Yeldon, Ellington, Freeman, Denard Robinson
WR: Julio, Matthews, Cooks, T.Williams, B.Coleman
TE: Witten
D: ARI
K: Vinny

It wasn't until I got home until I realized how reliant I am on the Falcons; Julio falling to me in the second was a no brainer, and Ryan kept dropping where I felt I HAD to take him, and Freeman was just a depth signing.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Reggie Died posted:

12 -team keeper league's can be bitch to draft. With my keepers and draft pick trades, I went into it fairly confident, but left a little shaken.

QB/2RB/2WR/Flex/TE/D/K

QB: Ryan
RB: ADP, Yeldon, Ellington, Freeman, Denard Robinson
WR: Julio, Matthews, Cooks, T.Williams, B.Coleman
TE: Witten
D: ARI
K: Vinny

It wasn't until I got home until I realized how reliant I am on the Falcons; Julio falling to me in the second was a no brainer, and Ryan kept dropping where I felt I HAD to take him, and Freeman was just a depth signing.

Not bad for a 12 teamer. You came out with legit Tier 1 guys at both RB and WR, that's a coup in itself. RB2 could be shakey but you have the right prospects in place. Same goes for WR2, which will be far less of a liability. I see you flexing one of your WRs for most of the early season.

Witten is going to be maddingly pedestrian for this team.

Edit: "RB2 could be shakey"

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 22, 2015

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
I had 1.1 and 2.1, but was still shocked he fell to me in the second. I thought I had the first two round's dialed in, and was planning on taking Arod with my pick.

Witten was a late round "safe" pick. Rudolph was still on the board, so I might pick him up before the season starts. Coleman was a huge lottery ticket pick (just read a blurb on his great camp right before the draft...that's all I knew about him), but might get dropped at some point.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Reggie Died posted:

I had 1.1 and 2.1, but was still shocked he fell to me in the second. I thought I had the first two round's dialed in, and was planning on taking Arod with my pick.

Witten was a late round "safe" pick. Rudolph was still on the board, so I might pick him up before the season starts. Coleman was a huge lottery ticket pick (just read a blurb on his great camp right before the draft...that's all I knew about him), but might get dropped at some point.

Brandon Coleman is getting some hype on the Saints boards, and I can't disagree with them. A second year 6'6" WR that Drew might just chuck it up to like he did with Jimmy? Not a horrible pick at all. The only bad thing about the Saints is that you never know who will get the ball that day besides Drew.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Hype or not, JStew as an RB1 is scary. What RBs were available in the first and is this PPR?

No PPR and it was DeMarco, McCoy then 5-6 pics until Lamar Miller and such got picked.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

OxySnake posted:

No PPR and it was DeMarco, McCoy then 5-6 pics until Lamar Miller and such got picked.

In no PPR, I would be very concerned drafting WR/WR with the first two picks. I would probably take the risk and pick up Demarco instead of relying on JStew as your RB1. A solid RB is just too valuable in non PPR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Metapod posted:

Have yet to see a goon team with Charlie Sims burn this poo poo to the ground

My 29 player roster dynasty team has him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
How many teams are in that dynasty league?

• Locked thread