Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
First real-talk draft of the season.

Format: .5 ppr, 2 RB, 2 WR, flex
10 teams
Picked 3rd overall

QB: Brees (6)
RB: Jamaal Charles (1)
RB2: Forsett (3)
WR: ODB (2)
WR2: Mike Evans (4)
flex: Hyde (5)
TE: Jordan Cameron (8)

BE: Spiller, Agholor, LaFell, Woodhead, David Cobb, Eddie Royal, Larry Donnell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
We had our draft this weekend (and yes, I know the league rules are completely retarded)

14 teams, .5 ppr, snake draft, 1 point/20 return yards, picking 13th.

QB1: Tannehill
QB2: Carr
RB1: Lacy
RB2: Latavius Murray
WR1: AJ Green
WR2: Jarvis Landry
WR3: Allen Robinson
TE: Bennett
K: Barth
D/ST: Bills
BN: Rashad Jennings
BN: Montee Ball
BN: DGB
BN: Tyler Lockett

I decided to take a flier on my bench receivers because the pickings were very slim at the point that I was drafting them given the size of our league.

shitbutt cockfag
Dec 19, 2004
Is this internet, or am I only dreaming?
Just drafted tonight for my work league. 10 team, 0 PPR standard ESPN. I had pick 8

QB: Matthew Stafford (10)
RB: Jeremy Hill (2)
RB: Justin Forsett (3)
WR: Antonio Brown (1)
WR: Mike Evans (4)
TE: Ertz (9)
FLEX: Joseph Randle (5)
DST: AZ (15)
K: Crosby (16)

BE: Latavius Murray (6)
BE: TJ Yeldon (7)
BE: Martavis Bryant (8)
BE: Allen Robinson (11)
BE: Anquan Boldin (12)
BE: Charles Johnson (13)
BE: Marques Colston (14)

I used Beer Sheets. I almost thought a top RB was gonna fall to me because Dez went 1.01. The depth of my football knowledge isn't great so I'm curious to see what you guys think.

shitbutt cockfag fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 17, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

10 teams
Picked 3rd overall

Even in a 10 team league you made some sick pickups. OBJ and Evans are both a round later than they should be, and while Brees in the 6th is a little early that's likely offset by how many QBs were drafted by other teams. Overall I like this team a lot and think you did great. Spiller and Agholor make for some awesome depth, and your other picks have upside as well. Good job.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

We had our draft this weekend (and yes, I know the league rules are completely retarded)

14 teams, .5 ppr, snake draft, 1 point/20 return yards, picking 13th.

QB1: Tannehill
QB2: Carr
RB1: Lacy
RB2: Latavius Murray
WR1: AJ Green
WR2: Jarvis Landry
WR3: Allen Robinson
TE: Bennett
K: Barth
D/ST: Bills
BN: Montee Ball
BN: DGB
BN: Tyler Lockett

I decided to take a flier on my bench receivers because the pickings were very slim at the point that I was drafting them given the size of our league.

Tannehill/Carr scares me in a 2QB league; I would have liked to see some depth there with an upside pick like RG3 or Kaepernick. That's a tiny bench for such a large team and frankly I don't like the depth I'm seeing there. Jennings is solid, and Lockett seems like a good option for return duties. Not so sold on Ball or DGB.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Even in a 10 team league you made some sick pickups. OBJ and Evans are both a round later than they should be, and while Brees in the 6th is a little early that's likely offset by how many QBs were drafted by other teams. Overall I like this team a lot and think you did great. Spiller and Agholor make for some awesome depth, and your other picks have upside as well. Good job.

Thanks. I felt it went well too. You are dead-on about the QB situation. Russell went a lot sooner than I anticipated (the 4rth round) so I wanted to secure at least a tier 2 QB who would keep me in most games, and I felt confident grabbing him when I did after doing pretty good on the earlier rounds. This year I'm going for "best starters I can field" while still keeping an eye on positional scarcity, in redraft leagues.

I did make a bold prediction that the guy who drafted Foster will be out of playoff contention before Foster is a viable starter. His TE and wideouts are sick but his RB1 is Gore and Foster was his RB2.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

shitbutt cockfag posted:

Just drafted tonight for my work league. 10 team, 0 PPR standard ESPN. I had pick 8

I used Beer Sheets. I almost thought a top RB was gonna fall to me because Dez went 1.01. The depth of my football knowledge isn't great so I'm curious to see what you guys think.

Not bad. I like all the picks minus Randle, and Stafford. I just havent seen enough to trust Randle at an ADP of round 5. I've been wrong before though. As for Matt S. I just think there are many other QBs at better prices. He throws a lot, but also throws a ton of picks.

Here is mine I just did Saturday. 10 team, 0.5 ppr, QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex/K/Def
1. (8) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
2. (13) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
3. (28) Mike Evans (TB - WR)
4. (33) DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
5. (48) Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
6. (53) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
7. (68) Allen Robinson (Jax - WR)
8. (73) Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
9. (88) John Brown (Ari - WR)
10. (93) Tyler Eifert (Cin - TE)
11. (108)Kendall Wright (Ten - WR)
12. (113)Reggie Bush (SF - RB)
13. (128)Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TB - TE)
14. (133)New England (NE - DEF)
15. (148)Michael Floyd (Ari - WR)

The plan was to get a RB in the 4th-5th spots, but I couldn't pass up Hopkins in the 4th. RB is weak, and I put all my prayers into JSTew, but only starting one RB makes the spot so much of a priority.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

shitbutt cockfag posted:

You did great. Obviously QB and TE are your weak spots so I would drop Colston and pick up a TE prospect. Keep in mind that TEs that breakout typically do so in the first few weeks. Aside from Colston your bench is very strong. Your core RBs and WRs make for what should be a very successful team. As a fellow Evans owner I hope his athleticism makes up for Jameis Winston's rookiness.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

10 teams
Picked 3rd overall

My man :hfive:

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Practicing for Money 12 team PPR work league picking 2nd. Strategy is try and go more boom/bust since, despite being a league full of "sharks" I nearly won entirely off the wire as well as having hit on Mike Evans and Jeremy Hill and I'm confident I could do it again this year if I had to.

1: Adrian Peterson
2: Mike Evans
3: TY Hilton
4: TJ Yeldon
5: Todd Gurley
6: Cam Newton
7: Nelson Agholor
8: Bishop Sankey
9: Breshad Perriman
10: DeAngelo Williams (misclick-thought I had drafted Le'Veon for some reason)
11: Eddie Royal
12: Kenny Stills
13: Kyle Rudolph
14: Jerrick McKinnon
15: Derek Carr

Williams gets dropped for a kicker

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Aug 17, 2015

shitbutt cockfag
Dec 19, 2004
Is this internet, or am I only dreaming?

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Not bad. I like all the picks minus Randle, and Stafford. I just havent seen enough to trust Randle at an ADP of round 5. I've been wrong before though. As for Matt S. I just think there are many other QBs at better prices. He throws a lot, but also throws a ton of picks.

Suave Fedora posted:

You did great. Obviously QB and TE are your weak spots so I would drop Colston and pick up a TE prospect. Keep in mind that TEs that breakout typically do so in the first few weeks. Aside from Colston your bench is very strong. Your core RBs and WRs make for what should be a very successful team. As a fellow Evans owner I hope his athleticism makes up for Jameis Winston's rookiness.

Thanks guys. Yeah I knew I made my biggest mistakes with Stafford and Ertz of course. Either should have drafted better players earlier or waited another round or so. I don't think anyone else had their eye on Stafford anyway. Then again, Wilson was the first QB off the board so I didn't know what to expect.

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013
Any suggestions for my team in a 10 man standard scoring league? Picking Dallas was an accident, but I plan to stream defenses anyway so it's not a killer mistake or anything.

QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Brandin Cooks
WR: Brandon Marshall
RB: Jeremy Hill
RB: Frank Gore
TE: Heath Miller

BN: Todd Gurley
BN: Nelson Algholar
BN: Charles Johnson
BN: Alfred Blue
BN: Andy Dalton

K: Dan Bailey
Def: Dallas

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Axl Rose posted:

Any suggestions for my team in a 10 man standard scoring league? Picking Dallas was an accident, but I plan to stream defenses anyway so it's not a killer mistake or anything.

QB: Philip Rivers
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Brandin Cooks
WR: Brandon Marshall
RB: Jeremy Hill
RB: Frank Gore
TE: Heath Miller

BN: Todd Gurley
BN: Nelson Algholar
BN: Charles Johnson
BN: Alfred Blue
BN: Andy Dalton

K: Dan Bailey
Def: Dallas

I'm not a fan of Marshall as your WR3 but you have good WR depth/prospects to weather that one. Your WR1 and 2 are strong, as are your RBs. Heath Miller is dicey so look into breakout candidates and possibly drop Dalton, as Rivers should be more than serviceable and we know Dalton is not likely to become a world-beater at any point in any season.

If the Titans are still available, pick them up. They play TB then CLE.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

If the Titans are still available, pick them up. They play TB then CLE.

First time anyone has ever said that

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

First time anyone has ever said that

True. They got picked up last night much to our puzzlement then we realized he would be streaming D's.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Colts have a pretty nice first 5 weeks too.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Thanks for reminding me...I decided I'm not going to be doing my regular "streaming D's" thread where I made bold predictions based on Vegas odds + other variables. I still find the conversation helpful and would welcome anyone else giving it a go; I'm just not going to have the spare cycles this season to do it.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
12 Team .5ppr pick #3

QB: Ryan Tannehill (11)
RB: Andre Ellington (4)
RB/WR: Antonio Brown (1)
WR: AJ Green (2)
WR: Mike Evans (3)
Flex: Andre Johnson (5)
TE: Owen Daniels (12)
D/ST: Patriots (14)
K: Mason Crosby (15)

B: Isaiah Crowell (6)
B: Chris Ivory (7)
B: Alfred Blue (8)
B: Devonta Freeman (9)
B: Anquan Boldin (10)
B: Danny Woodhead (13)

Basically since its .5ppr and we can start 4 WR, I went full on zero-RB. I think Brown, Green, Evans and AJ80 is about as solid a 4-WR set as you can field without some really pants-on-head retarded picks in front of you. What do you think?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm pretty sure my draft on Saturday was terrible:
10 Team, .5 ppr., 10th pick

1. (10) Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
2. (11) Jeremy Hill (Cin - RB)
3. (30) Lamar Miller (Mia - RB)
4. (31) Alfred Morris (Was - RB)
5. (50) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
6. (51) T.J. Yeldon (Jax - RB)
7. (70) Martellus Bennett (Chi - TE)
8. (71) Nelson Agholor (Phi - WR)
9. (90) Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB)
10. (91) Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE)
11. (110)Houston (Hou - DEF)
12. (111)Breshad Perriman (Bal - WR)
13. (130)Steven Hauschka (Sea - K)
14. (131)Devin Funchess (Car - WR)
15. (150)Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)

May have to retire my drunk drafting strategy.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm pretty sure my draft on Saturday was terrible:
10 Team, .5 ppr., 10th pick

1. (10) Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
2. (11) Jeremy Hill (Cin - RB)
3. (30) Lamar Miller (Mia - RB)
4. (31) Alfred Morris (Was - RB)
5. (50) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
6. (51) T.J. Yeldon (Jax - RB)
7. (70) Martellus Bennett (Chi - TE)
8. (71) Nelson Agholor (Phi - WR)
9. (90) Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB)
10. (91) Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE)
11. (110)Houston (Hou - DEF)
12. (111)Breshad Perriman (Bal - WR)
13. (130)Steven Hauschka (Sea - K)
14. (131)Devin Funchess (Car - WR)
15. (150)Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)

May have to retire my drunk drafting strategy.

Your starting RB's are solid, but I really don't like the Alfred Morris pick at the top of the 4th. I would have liked to see another WR like a Deandre Hopkins or Emmanuel Sanders to make sure you had two viable starters. Dez is as solid as you can be but it is anyone's guess what Agholor is going to do but I would be surprised if he was a viable WR2 this year.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Your starting RB's are solid, but I really don't like the Alfred Morris pick at the top of the 4th. I would have liked to see another WR like a Deandre Hopkins or Emmanuel Sanders to make sure you had two viable starters. Dez is as solid as you can be but it is anyone's guess what Agholor is going to do but I would be surprised if he was a viable WR2 this year.

I did forget to mention my roster requirements: QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex (WR/RB/TE) x3/K/DST, but I feel I should have gone WR/WR, instead of Yeldon gone for Ameer, and I pulled far too early on my TE.

Here's to hoping my rookie WRs pan out.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

MrSargent posted:

To go along with his post. Here is my team reposted from the same league.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

To go along with his post. Here is my team reposted from the same league.

Didn't even notice your post above me. This guy's in my league. Since he posted his team, I figured hell, have our whole draft!

Edit: Fixed the image to be the right draft board. I drunkenly traded my 70, 71 for a 59 and 79. I wasted that 59 on Bennett.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 17, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I like the Shaun, Afro, Drax and Chancey teams.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

I like the Shaun

Can you expand on this? It's my team and I feel terrible about it's composition. Unless you were saying you liked my team because it was funny, then yeah I agree haha.

Also, in case you missed it, I don't have Martavis or Jordan Cameron, those were traded for Martellus and Nelson Agholor. I think Honore_de_Balzac (JSmash) has one of the better teams, but I'm all for finding reasons to like mine.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Can you expand on this? It's my team and I feel terrible about it's composition. Unless you were saying you liked my team because it was funny, then yeah I agree haha.

Also, in case you missed it, I don't have Martavis or Jordan Cameron, those were traded for Martellus and Nelson Agholor. I think Honore_de_Balzac (JSmash) has one of the better teams, but I'm all for finding reasons to like mine.

Yeah, I was actually going to say, unless it's a start 1-2 WR league, I feel like you're really lacking in WRs. What are the starting requirements? Your RB depth is phenomenal, with the slight caveat that Hill and Morris are both a bit devalued in PPR. Still, I like your RBs a lot, up there with Afro and Chancey. But I agree with whoever said you should've gone for a WR instead of Morris.

I'd add that, while I know you couldn't have known Tannehill would be available later, Ben with the 50th pick was too early too. If you are taking the fourth QB off the board, you picked too late (missing the top 3) and also way too early (very little difference in the next 8-9 QBs taken, but you spent the most capital on it). I also just personally really wouldn't have made Ben the 4th QB off the board. You really could've used another WR there, and the 6th and 7th rounds had tons of guys with value. One of Agholor or Perriman or Funchess could be a viable WR2, but I wouldn't put much money on it.

Barbarosa or Satan or jsmash might all be willing to send WR talent your way for an RB. Maclin or Allen Robinson or even Hopkins would be big improvements for you. Not sure exactly what kind of trade you'd be able to work out, but those are the guys I'd sound out! I'd say try to trade Ben or Tannehill too, but in a 10 team league I don't think you're going to get anything for either, ya know? While your team is unbalanced, it isn't bad at all. Probably not contender as it stands, but you have a ton of depth where you need it most. You also went for established guys that are relatively secure in their workloads at the top of your draft, too, as opposed to guys with a lot more unknowns like Randle or Graham or even Demarco Murray.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 17, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, I was actually going to say, unless it's a start 1-2 WR league, I feel like you're really lacking in WRs. What are the starting requirements? Your RB depth is phenomenal, with the slight caveat that Hill and Morris are both a bit devalued in PPR. Still, I like your RBs a lot, up there with Afro and Chancey. But I agree with whoever said you should've gone for a WR instead of Morris.

I'd add that, while I know you couldn't have known Tannehill would be available later, Ben with the 50th pick was too early too. If you are taking the fourth QB off the board, you picked too late (missing the top 3) and also way too early (very little difference in the next 8-9 QBs taken, but you spent the most capital on it). I also just personally really wouldn't have made Ben the 4th QB off the board. You really could've used another WR there, and the 6th and 7th rounds had tons of guys with value. One of Agholor or Perriman or Funchess could be a viable WR2, but I wouldn't put much money on it.

Barbarosa or Satan or jsmash might all be willing to send WR talent your way for an RB. Maclin or Allen Robinson or even Hopkins would be big improvements for you. Not sure exactly what kind of trade you'd be able to work out, but those are the guys I'd sound out! I'd say try to trade Ben or Tannehill too, but in a 10 team league I don't think you're going to get anything for either, ya know?

Roster requirements: QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex (WR/RB/TE) x3/K/DST, but I feel I should have gone WR/WR, instead of Yeldon gone for Ameer, and I pulled far too early on my TE.

I jumped for Ben because I liked him more the middle tier guys, but didn't think he'd make it through next round (I was right as a competitor exclaimed how I "stole his dude". I won't disagree I probably could have done better, especially since I was able to snag Tannehill.

Thanks for the trade advice as well. I was thinking of looking for a trade, probably with Morris, Miller, and/or Big Ben involved. I might squat on Ben for a couple weeks to see how Pitt and Miami are faring before shipping one, but you are 100% on the money about QBs having little to no trade value in a 10 team league.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 17, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Roster requirements: QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex (WR/RB/TE) x3/K/DST, but I feel I should have gone WR/WR, instead of Yeldon gone for Ameer, and I pulled far too early on my TE.

I jumped for Ben because I liked him more the middle tier guys, but didn't think he'd make it through next round (I was right as a competitor exclaimed how I "stole his dude". I won't disagree I probably could have done better, especially since I was able to snag Tannehill.

Thanks for the trade advice as well. I was thinking of looking for a trade, probably with Morris, Miller, and/or Big Ben involved. I might squat on Ben for a couple weeks to see how Pitt and Miami are faring before shipping one, but you are 100% on the money about QBs having little to no trade value in a 10 team league.

Well that's a lot of flexes, so I actually like your draft a good bit more. It isn't like you need a ton of depth to cover one WR spot. Guys like Agholor and Perriman and Funchess are probably ideal for that, too, because it isn't like you're counting on them to start every week. All you need is one of them to hit and be a top 30 guy, and you'll have a startable WR to compete for a flex spot and cover byes.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

RVProfootballer posted:

Well that's a lot of flexes, so I actually like your draft a good bit more. It isn't like you need a ton of depth to cover one WR spot. Guys like Agholor and Perriman and Funchess are probably ideal for that, too, because it isn't like you're counting on them to start every week. All you need is one of them to hit and be a top 30 guy, and you'll have a startable WR to compete for a flex spot and cover byes.

The starting requirements are important to factor. Since you only have to start on rb/wr it makes it where there aren't really roster limitations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I love our triple flex league setup, and encourage more leagues to emulate it.

RVP, I'm slowly coming around on my team. I do agree with the "need more WRs" sentiment though.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MacheteZombie posted:

I love our triple flex league setup, and encourage more leagues to emulate it.

RVP, I'm slowly coming around on my team. I do agree with the "need more WRs" sentiment though.

Yah ignore my post above because I didn't realize it was 3-flex. You have a pretty solid team dude, couple reaches at QB/TE that could have been used for a less risky WR possibly but all in all I don't think you should abandon your drunken drafting strategy.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

It's not terribly composed. You have as good a RB and WR combo that a person can field this season with JHill and Dez. Everybody is high on Miller for good reason, so no reason not to expect greater fantasy success for the Fins this year compared to last. Alfred Morris is a bit ho-hum but you can do worse for a flex. You have an above-average team for sure.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Maybe it's just all the big rookies hitting last year but I feel like there's great value at WR especially in the 8-10 round range. Another 12 team PPR practice mock @ pick 2

1) ADP
2) Mike Evans
3) Lamar Miller
4) TJ Yeldon
5) Jeremy Maclin
6) Rashad Jennings
7) DJax
8) Boldin
9) Eli
10) Devin Funchess
11) Kyle Rudolph
12) Jerrick McKinnon
13) Denver D
14) Kenny Stills
15) Random kicker

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

The SituAsian posted:

Maybe it's just all the big rookies hitting last year but I feel like there's great value at WR especially in the 8-10 round range. Another 12 team PPR practice mock @ pick 2

1) ADP
2) Mike Evans
3) Lamar Miller
4) TJ Yeldon
5) Jeremy Maclin
6) Rashad Jennings
7) DJax
8) Boldin
9) Eli
10) Devin Funchess
11) Kyle Rudolph
12) Jerrick McKinnon
13) Denver D
14) Kenny Stills
15) Random kicker

I'm not that high on TJ Yeldon, would take Carlos Hyde if he was available but as an RB 3 that's not bad at all. Jeremy Maclin as a WR2 might be rough and I might have tried to pick up a Golden Tate or something in the 4th. Maclin could pan out but is a bit of a risk. I like your depth at RB/WR. It's tough drafting at #2.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I originally posted this in the main FF thread, but thought I'd cross-post it anyways for some feedback:

Dynasty Auction Start-Up, 12 Teams, .5 PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLX/TE/DST/K

QB: Rivers, Palmer, Bortles
RB: Foster, Gore, Abdullah, Ivory, Ryan Mathews, Dunbar, Herron, Polk
WR: Dez, DJax, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Jones, Stevie Johnson, Josh Huff, Jeff Janis
TE: Gronk, Donnell
D/ST: Jets
K: Blair Walsh

I tried to go a mix of old/young, with the thought that I'd make some trades during the season to flip older players for younger prospects.

It sounds like Foster could be back as early as week 6, so so long as I can net some wins early on I may have a shot to compete.

Think it is worth trying to hang onto Ryan Mathews, or should I try to flip him to the Murray owner for Joique (and a plus, if I can get it)? With Murray's risk of injury, Ryan Mathews could end up being a nice plug-in RB2 - and with Joique, I may be giving myself tough decisions on starting him or Abdullah each week.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'd prefer Mathews over Joique, personally

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Zypher posted:

Probably has more upside than Joique this year, and with my RB situation not being ideal until Foster returns, I may hold him as a lotto ticket unless the Murray owner wants to buy him for an exorbitant price. Thanks!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Cervixalot posted:

Probably has more upside than Joique this year, and with my RB situation not being ideal until Foster returns, I may hold him as a lotto ticket unless the Murray owner wants to buy him for an exorbitant price. Thanks!

This is a good idea. I am targeting K. Davis as a lotto ticket, but if the JC owner wants to take out an expensive insurance policy with me I would have to consider it.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Zypher posted:

On that note, not that i plan on spending a pick of significance on him but is Darren Sproles worth rostering? I remember he had a stretch early in the season where he was getting decent points and it is still a really prolific offense. Havent followed camp at all really but it seems Matthews is more of the insurance policy and Sproles will remain the guy on most passing downs.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 19, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

The SituAsian posted:

On that note, not that i plan on spending a pick of significance on him but is Darren Sproles worth rostering? I remember he had a stretch early in the season where he was getting decent points and it is still a really prolific offense. Havent followed camp at all really but it seems Matthews is more of the insurance policy and Sproles will remain the guy on most passing downs.

Murray is the guy on passing downs IMO. Sproles was a special teams guy, he only had 29 catches after those first two weeks. I don't think Sproles is worth rostering except as a deep deep flier. Mathews and Murray can both catch the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just did my first draft of the year. I had my schedule cleared for the night and my beersheets ready. Then at 2pm I get a call from my friend. She had just been given amazing Yankee tickets. 15 rows behind the Yankee dugout. I couldn't pass that up, so I ended up drafting on my phone at the stadium (while very drunk). In the 5th round my phone died and I got stuck autodrafting Drew Brees. I was able to borrow my friends phone after, but I'm super pissed about that. Pretty sure that pick blew my draft. Here's what I ended up with:

(1) LeVeon Bell
(2) Jeremy Hill
(3) Mike Evans
(4) Jordan Matthews
(5) Drew Brees gently caress
(6) Travis Kelce
(7) Jarvis Landry
(8) Mike Wallace
(9) Giovani Bernard
(10) Devonte Freeman
(11) Ryan Tannehill
(12) Kenny Stills
(13) Ryan Matthews
(14) Breshard Perriman
(15) Owen Daniels

10 team non-ppr. 2 RB 3 WR 0 Flex

I definitely needed a WR in the 5th. That Drew Brees autopick killed me. I probably should have gone with a WR in the 6th (Martavius Bryant went 1 pick before me :(), but I took Kelce over guys like Maclin, VJax, Cooper, Edelman.

Please feel free to tell me how bad this is. At least I got 2 stud running backs right?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 19, 2015

• Locked thread