Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Papes posted:

12 team PPR, obviously I am streaming qbs and I need to drop 2 guys to get a kicker and defense for week 1.

Nice draft. Plan on dropping Bush and Quick unless Hyde gets hurt in preseason or something.

Guys please don't drop Woodhead in ppr, and give Helu a chance to show what he can do in oakland.

quote:

10 team 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1Flex No PPR

1. LeVeon Bell
2. Odell Beckham
3. Jeremy Hill
4. Melvin Gordon
5. Kelvin Benjamin
6. Keenan Allen
7. Eli Manning
8. Latavius Murray
9. TJ Yeldon
10. Josh Hill
11. Steve Smith
12. Anquan Boldin
13. Joe Flacco
14. Shane Vereen
15. Green Bay
16. Knile Davis
17.Shaun Suisham

On paper, this is a phenomenal draft and you got value all over the goddamned place. However, you went high-risk on each of the first 5 picks, which is something you need to do if you're playing against sharks (where getting lucky on a high-variance strategy is probably the only way to win), but can backfire in a league where you can expect to work the WW for value. Rounds 8-14 gave you such great depth, though, you can probably withstand a bust/injury or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Papes posted:

I'm probably more bullish on Mariota as a fantasy player than most people, but the reason I took him is the bucs are awful on defense and week 1 is all I'm concerned about for him.

I'll probably never play quick but he has wr1 upside. If he hits, I'll have wrs out the rear end to upgrade qb or rb. He's the kind of player you stash until week 3 and then trade/cut them.

I like Quick too but he ain't going to be a WR1.

Here are the WR1s in ppr (according to rank):

1 Antonio Brown
2 Julio Jones
3 Demaryius Thomas
4 Dez Bryant
5 Odell Beckham Jr.
6 Calvin Johnson
7 A.J. Green
8 Jordy Nelson
9 Randall Cobb
10 Alshon Jeffery
11 Mike Evans
12 Ty Hilton

You honestly see Quick outperforming these guys?

Perriman has more upside and Boldin has more floor so he is your most expendable WR. As you might notice, you already have three players that are actually WR1s which makes you beyond stacked at the position.

Pour one out for losing a smartly drafted pick and cut him.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Metapod posted:

Don't keep him passed week 3 if he isn't getting on the field much

Agreed. Better end of draft WR lotto tickets in standard: Stevie, Stills, Royal, Perriman, Twill, Quick, Marquess, Parker, Funchess.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

timmmmaaaah posted:

12 Team Standard

QB: Tannehill
RB: J. Charles
RB: L. Miller
WR: D. Bryant
WR: A. Cooper
TE: M. Bennett
FLEX: C. Ivory

BE: T. Coleman, R. Helu, N. Agholor, K. Stills, K. Wright, A. Seferian-Jenkins
(K: C. Parkey, DEF: Houston)

I think I did ok? Have some solid starters and some potential breakouts (Cooper, Agholor). Please let me know how wrong I am!

Looks pretty good. Wr2 could be better but you have good depth everywhere. I think it's likely that Wright or Agholor will replace Cooper in your starters in non-ppr. Helu is probably who you drop for promising WW pickups in non ppr, but we won't know his usage until week 1.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I love auctions. Pretty much the only time I end up with stud QBs. Nominated 1.1, and kicked things off with Luck.

10-team standard. $200

QB: Luck ($42)
RB1: CJ Anderson ($50)
RB2: Demarco Murray ($43)
WR1: Julio Jones ($38)
WR2: Keenan Allen ($3)
TE: Travis Kelce ($8)
Flex: Joseph Randle ($6 :stare:)
K: none
DST: Rams ($1)

BN: Ryan Matthews ($1)
BN: Chris Ivory ($2)
BN: Dough Martin ($1)
BN: Anquan Boldin ($2)
BN: Eric Decker ($1)
BN: Nelson Agholor ($1)
BN: John Brown ($1)

Moderately chuffed. CJ/Murray wasn't my ideal pair (not crazy about either), but I got both for a few bucks lower than I expected (my approach was to bid on almost every player nominated until I got my RB/RB/WR1). Gore went much later for under $20 though - might have preferred that.

Particularly stoked about the bench, however. On a shoestring budget, I managed to end up with a balance of bye-week high-floor guys and upside fliers at both WR and RB, along with picking up my handcuff for Murray. Good mix of risk and upside.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Seebee posted:

I just had my first Auction Draft. I am definitely week at WR, but I feel like people were bidding pretty high on them. I messed up a couple times though with the bidding. For example, I didn't draft a kicker and tried to drive the price higher on Woodhead, woops. Probably the biggest mistake was leaving $10 unused. Boo.

I think I may try and trade an RB, thoughts on which ones? This is the first year for a keeper league, so next year I'll get to keep someone at 10% or $5, whichever is higher.

It's a 12 Team PPR league QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF.

1. (19) Justin Forsett (Bal - RB) $37
2. (32) Isaiah Crowell (Cle - RB) $6
3. (43) Frank Gore (Ind - RB) $35
4. (44) Todd Gurley (StL - RB) $21
5. (57) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB) $21
6. (62) Eli Manning (NYG - QB) $3
7. (66) Travis Kelce (KC - TE) $21
8. (69) Vincent Jackson (TB - WR) $6
9. (76) Mike Wallace (Min - WR) $6
10. (77) Steve Smith Sr. (Bal - WR) $6
11. (83) Julian Edelman (NE - WR) $17
12. (93) Eric Decker (NYJ - WR) $6
13. (118) Houston (Hou - DEF) $2
14. (133) Danny Woodhead (SD - RB) $2
15. (136) Markus Wheaton (Pit - WR) $1

Edit: added how many teams.

Oof, I dunno about this. Auction is your chance to go out and assemble the best starters you possibly can. In contrast, you've essentially used a "roster mirroring" approach by taking a bunch of guys that are pretty similar to one another. It gives you good plug-and-play depth, but at the cost of investing a bunch of cash into players you intend to sit. You're bound to "choose" the wrong guy a lot and leave a lot on the bench each week, and even when you do choose correctly, you're liable to get smoked a good number of weeks by the folks starting JCharles and Antonio Brown and Luck and Julio etc, who have a much higher ceiling. Like, you did a good job not egregiously overpaying for anybody, but you just invested way too big of a proportion of your cash into your bench.

Upside, though, is that I like the Crowell and Wheaton gambles for next year. Good lottery tickets. Also, if either Abdullah or Gurley turns out to be the next AP, you'll have a leg up next time around.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Zypher posted:

I've seen 12 team rosters worse than this. I think you're the front runner for this league from what I've seen so far.

This.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

One of my goon dynasty teams as of this morning. 12-team half ppr 2RB/3WR/TE/Flex

QB: Ryan, Cutler
RB: Lacy, Hill, Hyde, LMurray, Spiller, Buck Allen, Ajayi
WR: Megatron, Cobb, JMatthews, Wright, Stevie, Kevin White, Latimer, Devin Smith
TE: Gronk, ASJ
DST: Rams

Entire starting lineup is composed of top-40 overall redraft players (save Ryan), and I have two top-10 dynasty assets at every skill position.

I am going to be devastated when this team misses the playoffs and all my young guys turn out to be duds and wash out of the league within two years.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Uh, enjoy your title. All I've got.

This team finished 6th last year. :shrug:

It's a competitive league.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

How many of those players did you add part way through the year or this offseason? In any case, Hill, Hyde, Murray, Spiller, Megatron, Stevie, and possibly Wright will all be significantly better than they were for some/most/all of last year. Even your studs like Ryan and Cobb could do better this year, given the changes to their situations. You know you have nothing to worry about :)

Hill week 6 (gave away Moncrief and a 2nd), Spiller week 10 (gave away Martavis, CJ?K, and Sims as part of a bigger trade for picks), LMurray week 12 (WW the day before he blew up), Stevie week 14 (also WW - I knew he was going to be with a different team this year and I hoped for the best because Stevie owns). The rest of the non-rookies were drafted at the startup last year.

Rookie/FA draft this year I grabbed Gordon/White/Parker/Ajayi/Rams/Buck Allen/Kicker, and packaged Gordon/Parker and a 2016 2nd for Megatron (I got fleeced but I wanted a stud WR1 so what can you do).

I'm optimistic about Hill, Spiller, Stevie, and Wright, but in half ppr I think Hyde is perhaps slightly less valuable. Who knows with LMurray. I have high hopes though: my approach to running backs often includes the "always bet on the physical freak" tie-breaker.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

I enjoy work leagues. Next year I'm proposing an upping of the buy-in.

12-team, 1ppr, standard roster, picked 1.8. I call it Team Youngbloods:

QB: Tanny (6.5)
RB: CJ Anderson (1.8)
RB: Melvin Gordon (4.5)
WR: ODB (2.5)
WR: Jordan Matthews (3.8)
flex: Spiller (7.8)
TE: Olsen (5.8)
D/ST: Chiefs vs HOU
K: Crosby

BE: Vereen, Larry Fitz, Perriman, Reggie Bush, Bradford, Hillman, Brandon Coleman

My biggest coup was Spiller in the 7th. I had a good feeling he was going to be ignored given his positional ranking.

*Forever_Peace I you pretty much called the beginning of this draft

It was between ODB and Julio. I went with youth but it was a tough 90 seconds because I've never owned Julio before and already have a share of ODB this season.

We got yo' back, dude. :ocelot:

Team looks good. Not crazy about the Tannehill reach, and I think Gordon is slightly overrated in ppr (though you definitely didn't reach for him which is good), but some of those mid/late picks look really great. Olsen/Spiller/Vereen in particular were money.

Realtalk though you are going to severely regret not taking Julio when he drops 40 points on the Jags week 15. Just sayin'.

edit, Julio's fantasy playoff run last year (not because I think it's predictive of anything, but because it is awesome): 10/189/1 vs Cards, 11/259/1 @ GB, 7/107/0 @ NO.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 30, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

ShaneB posted:

Draft last night in a 1 PPR, 12 team league. Bonuses for big plays, a lot of dumb DST scoring, and 25y/1pt return yards for individual players.

I think Brown should have been first off the board in our league, since Brown still somehow is returning balls for the Steelers. Every QB went earlier than they should have, IMO, so I just kept waiting and eventually grabbed the totally serviceable Rivers.

I don't have the depth I'd truly love, but I think it's one of the top 2-3 teams in my league going into the year... we shall see.

Love the first three rounds, and Olsen/Wright were really smart picks in full ppr. The wheels fell off after Rivers though (other than maybe LaFell in the 12th). As such your starters are awesome but the bye-week gauntlet may be a problem and you don't have enough upside risk on your bench. All in all should be a playoff contender though.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

That is a fantastic receiving corp for a 1ppr Gronk team, and Miller/Ivory is passable enough to be less of a disadvantage at RB than you will have an advantage at WR/TE. Lots of really smart picks there.

However, starting WR/WR in your flex every week and starting Tannehill in a league with that QB scoring is going to give you a very swingy team. It's just the nature of that scoring system that you might get blown out by whoever drafted Brees or Romo or Ryan, and WRs tend to be high variance so there's a chance you could lose a game or two against somebody who took the likes of Hyde/Vereen/Foster for their flex or something. But overall I really like the strategy and it looks like you identified exactly what value was likely to fall to you in a league with those settings. Great job.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

There's no use even referring to cheatsheets. If you don't know each player and their situation, you are a monkey throwing darts.

Eh, knowledge about the situation is also a very easy way to become overconfident in your evaluations. Aggregate rankings and projections are probably better than any single person's preferences the overwhelming majority of the time.

Not that it's impossible for a single person to beat the rankings. The general psych research on decision-making suggest that good forecasters work in groups and get lots of opinions (and expose themselves to good contrary perspectives), re-evaluate frequently, keep adjustments minor (i.e. change their mind slowly), and protect against or correct for known biases, and that these things can allow them to consistently beat the average.

But in the meantime, additional knowledge about a subject quite often increases confidence while accuracy remains flat (or in some cases, actually decreases with increased knowledge).

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Antonio/CJA/Miller is a hell of a start for team 3.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Zypher posted:

10 teams, .5 PPR, 6 pt QB TD

QB: R. Wilson,
RB: L. Bell, L. Murray, TJ Yeldon, A. Abdullah, D. McFadden, B. Sankey
WR: OBJ, Cooks, J. Landry, M. Bryant, K. Wright, S. Johnson
TE: Gronk

After a bunch of 12 and 14 team leagues, drafting in a smaller league feels like pee wee football

That team is immense and my criticism is that picking who to drop for bye week fillers is going to be heartbreaking. Hopefully somebody busts by week 4. I even like the balance of risk and bye week guys on your bench for both RB and WR.

Like maybe Murray / Yeldon both flop from being on bad offenses with bad lines but Abdullah ain't bad as a fourth option in ppr.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

12 team league w/ 1 PPR.

QB
WR x 2
RB x 2
TE
WR/RB Flex x 1
DEF
K
Bench x 6

1. (8) Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)
2. (17) Justin Forsett (Bal - RB)
3. (32) Mike Evans (TB - WR)
4. (41) Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
5. (56) T.J. Yeldon (Jax - RB)
6. (65) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)
7. (80) Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB)
8. (89) Nelson Agholor (Phi - WR)
9. (104) LeGarrette Blount (NE - RB)
10. (113) Charles Johnson (Min - WR)
11. (128) Tre Mason (StL - RB)
12. (137) Stevie Johnson (SD - WR)
13. (152) Miami (Mia - DEF)
14. (161) Brandon Coleman (NO - WR)
15. (176) Justin Tucker (Bal - K)

I had a plan going in and it was totally ruined by some new guys in our $100 buy in league. Dude took Russell Wilson #7 overall, other QB's went super early, then there was a run on defenses in rounds 4 - 8 lol. For the amount of improvising I had to do, I feel okay about it. I have an obvious weakness at RB, but oh well.

Not crazy about the Kelce/Yeldon picks, but your boys Landry/Tanne are a solid ppr addition to a great first three rounds. As much as it hurts I think you need to trade or drop some of that WR depth for RB upside once the season starts. Forsett/Yeldon/Blount/Tre is going to range somewhere between "passable" and "abysmal", and you're going to want more upside guys to stash as lotto tickets. If you can't work out a trade, prioritize Zo, Hillman, and Khiry for whichever of Charles/Stevie/Coleman is most underperforming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Finished the last draft of the year last night! Drafted 9 of 10, half ppr with return yards @ 1 per 20.

QB: Tannehill
RB: CJA
RB: Ingram
WR: Julio
WR: Alshon
TE: Scott Chandler (yes really. On purpose)
Flex: Edelman
Def: Car
K: Haushka

RB BN: Morris, Foster, Crowell, Duke Jr., Ronnie
WR BN: Watkins, Fitz

Was able to open with CJA / Julio, exactly like I hoped. Gore was sniped right before my pick at the 3/4 turn, so I grabbed Ingram instead, then Alshon after the turn. Had my sights on Kelce/Olsen at the end of the 5th but they didn't fall, so I settled for Morris / Edelman instead. I think Edelman was sneaky value here in the 6th - the Yahoo rankings we were drafting from had him at like pick 100 (nonppr by default I think), but he's a ppr stud and will probably be the return man again this year. There was a run on QBs so Watkins then fell to me at the 7/8 turn, and I was happy to take the chance on Foster in the 8th (I knew the guy at the turn wouldn't take him). At the end of the 9th the guy before me took Cam instead of Tanne so I got my QB target too. Unfortunately, Walker/Eifert had just gone as well, so I kept adding ppr depth with Fitz. 11/12 was the Browns duo, then nobody else went before my 13th pick save Stevie, so I nabbed Ronnie and Carolina before finishing up with Haushka and Chandler.

Available TEs include Reed, Green, Miller, and Donnell, so I'm not worried if my Chandler gamble doesn't pan out. If it does, however, I look like a genius, so there's that. Cutler is available if I need QB help I guess.

• Locked thread